ParaMed Home Health Care

ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Poor management and low job security, appreciation about your work, poor coordination and lack of nursing knowledge for clinical supervizer related nursing home visits.
12 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments seriously. Please reach out to us at careers@paramed.com to discuss further.
They promise things that they don’t keep, accounting will ALWAYS keep a certain amount of money even if you have proof and documentation of hours they will still tell you it’s wrong and that they “don’t owe you anything”. I loved the job, working with elderly was amazing and I learned so many things in such a short period of time. Paramed is a shady company & would not recommend anybody working for them unless you want to be paid incorrectly each pay!
Pros
Driving
Cons
Invalid pay, scam money, lie, delete emails.
I loved working for Paramed it was a great experience the management team was great to work for .They were always available when I heeded them. Lots of in service and great team to be part of.
Pros
Bonus incentives
Cons
None at present to write about
Little to no appreciation. New management that lack empathy people skills and are not fully knowledgeable on what the company needs as a whole. Makes poor decisions and does not care about the people just the budget or what they see fit. Absolutely unfair toxic work environment I would highly recommend steering clear . Treat employees as they are beneath them and cannot be trusted to be honest or have your best interest . For a healthcare company you’d think compassion and support would be key to promote a healthy open work environment instead it’s micromanaged by managers that are not even as knowledgeable as the long term workers but do not take anything they suggest into consideration. The pay is horrible for the unorganized toxicity and uncomfortable environment you will be subject to. Little to zero support.
Pros
Your coworkers
Cons
Poor management, lack of skill, empathy and think they are above all
8 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. Our organization continues to learn every day from feedback such as yours and the management team is committed to improving in areas that are brought to our attention or alternatively, explaining the decision-making process to our team members. if you have further questions, please contact careers@paramed.com
If I could give 0 stars I would. Too cheap to have their employees work from home... oh wait? Some employees get to work from home but not all of us. Horrid pay for the work you are expected to do. Either 6 am - 2 pm or 2 pm - 10 pm shifts Monday - Sunday. Supervisors are useless and will throw you under the bus any chance they get.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
5 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and sharing your experience. Your feedback gives us an opportunity to improve. While some of the decisions made may seem difficult, we take into consideration all different angles when making key decisions, such as client care, employee welfare and the health of the organization. If you would like to discuss further, please contact careers@paramed.com
I love working here. The people and clients are amazing and the experience is so rewarding. Management listens to my concerns and works quickly to resolve. I feel appreciated by this organization.
Pros
Paid mileage
5 February 2021
Thank you for the positive feedback and review! We are truly fortunate to have such dedicated team members who work together to support our mission in redefining care!
Long hours, lots of driving. You meet a lot of new people and get to care for those who need you. Office staff is constantly changing making it hard to keep consistency in work environment but you will never want for hours if your willing to travel to neighbouring communities.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Lots of driving
28 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are very appreciative of the fact that we have such a caring workforce who care for the clients they serve. We welcome any feedback you can provide on specific areas of complaint by directly contacting us at careers@paramed.com
Besides caring for clients, staff at the call Center is another storey, they don’t schedule properly always throwing us around after having clients that have a difficult time getting use to us. Call Center will move us away and our clients would have different staff everyday. I would be told I bumped because of seniority and then later find out either no one showed up to clients or someone below me swapped me.
28 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and sharing your experience. Your feedback gives us an opportunity to improve. While some of the decisions made may seem difficult, we take into consideration all different angles when making key decisions, such as client care, employee welfare and the health of the organization. The investments we are making today in the organization are going to bring great benefits to the organization and staff in the long run. If you would like to discuss further, please contact careers@paramed.com
Worst management I’ve ever encountered. They don’t know how to stand by employees They don’t know basic HR rules They don’t show appreciation for service or staff They gossip about staff They gang up on employees If you speak up - for yourself or clients - you get black balled
28 January 2021
Worked as a shift nurse providing care to children with disabilities and fragile health. The clients and families were great to work with. Issue was the ever changing management . Only one or 2 managers were decent. Some were down right mean and unprofessional ie threatening to complain to CON for client abandonment when calling in sick due to a really bad cold and working with a vented client. Told to wear a mask for the whole shift and had to buy them myself. Ended up refusing to ever work with that client again because the family were just as disrespectful as the agency. Also management would lie to families and say staff were not avail for stat holidays when actually they were. They did not want to pay time and a half. They would also schedule you for shifts you never agreed too and you would find out in the client home when looking at their calender. One messed up for profit agency just like all the rest. They put profits above all and pay their experienced staff poorly. Not worth your time
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
Bad management
19 January 2021
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ParaMed Home Health Care?
I had been working for the company a few months and had been trying to contact my supervisors and nobody would get back to me. Very stressful company. Super unorganized and absolutely no communication between office and feild staff. We are left in the dark not most, but all of the time. Care plans are minimal and not detailed and its impossible to get ahold of anyone for help. Phones are old and don't work and nobody seems to know what's going on. Was promised $17.50 to start and then bumped up to $20.50/hour and only received $17.30 the whole time. So false salary advertising just to get you to join. Orientation was a bust and the phone trainer was no help.
Pros
My clients
Cons
Irregular scheduling and clients, slow phones, lack of communication. Stressful and tiring.
19 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. Our organization continues to learn every day from feedback such as yours and the management team is committed to improving in areas that are brought to our attention or alternatively, explaining the decision-making process to our team members. If you wish to speak further, please contact careers@paramed.com
The company does not provide ongoing staff training opportunities as stated on hiring, only one short quiz a month. If a concern is raised it is impossible to get ahold of supervisors in a reasonable time, if at all. Pay is poor as are the advertised incremental raises for long term employment or great service. Considering staff make less than 50% of what the company gets paid per hour, it is unbelievable that the company is not better run and care staff better supported.
Pros
Clients are amazing
Cons
Poor support top down. Non-existent learning opportunities. Low pay.
19 January 2021
Paramed is a great company to gain skills that you wouldn't ordinarily find fall into your scope anywhere else, however, there was a struggle with staff shortage and you will be pushed to your limits. They told me if there was ever a problem to speak up, yet, when I did? I was ignored. You work like a mule, all hours of day and night depending on your availability, you may have 2 patients in the morning but if your availability goes until 6pm you could get given a patient at 530pm and have no warning if its an intake.The money was great, but most of it is mileage and the wear and tear on your vehicle is not worth that. I put 200k km on my vehicle in 2 years. Patients are so sweet and amazing but the higher up management felt heartless.Good place to get your foot in the door, but don't let it consume you.
Pros
Great patients, arrange your own schedule, opportunities for more skills
Cons
Unpredictable hours, Upper Head office management alien to front line work, Wear and tear on vehicle
19 January 2021
Our team takes feedback seriously and we welcome any concerns raised by employees. Our frontline workers are very important to us and are the backbone of our organization. We are fortunate to have team members who care deeply for our clients. We take your viewpoint seriously and have regularly implemented new procedures aimed at improving our service to patients/clients and their families. You can reach out to us at careers@paramed.com so we can discuss further the steps we are taking. Thank you.
So unorganized, make you promises and don’t keep them. No support from your supervisors. You get hired for full time and never actually get full time hours which means no benefits and so much stress wondering if you will even have work that day. Awful experience.
19 January 2021
Our team takes feedback seriously and we welcome any concerns raised by employees. Our frontline workers are very important to us and are the backbone of our organization. We take your viewpoint seriously and have regularly implemented new procedures aimed at improving our service to patients and their families. You can reach out to us at careers@paramed.com so we can discuss further the steps we are taking. Thank you.
So far so good I love the way we are taught in paramed,nice classroom, nice environments, they trained you well,and make feel at home,working with Paramed I think it is going to be okay,sense of belonging
If you are looking to get ripped off this is definitely the company I have been here only 4 months it has been nothing but a headache and stress work phones don't work you can't email the supervisor or coordinators because your phone doesn't work you show up at a client's house and spend 15 minutes trying to find them called the office and they remove them from your board you don't even get paid for it for The Visit You don't know who your supervisor or coordinators are as they are all let go I have been a psw for 18 years this is the most unorganized poor communication company I have ever dealt with in 18 years I strongly suggest you look elsewhere this is pretty bad coming from an employee for only 4 months and have had nothing but issues and sick of being ripped off
Pros
Cons
No hours and dont get paid for clients after youve been at the house looking for them
19 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative experience. Our organization continues to learn every day from feedback such as yours and the management team is committed to improving in areas that are brought to our attention or alternatively, explaining the decision-making process to our team members. if you wish to discuss further, please contact careers@paramed.com
They set you up for failure. Company does not provide enough resources for you to work efficiently, and then they blame lack of productivity on you. Poor salary for the odd hours you have to work.
14 December 2020
Our team takes feedback seriously and we welcome any concerns raised by employees. Our frontline workers are very important to us and are the backbone of our organization. We are fortunate to have team members who care deeply for our clients. We encourage you to share comments, suggestion or feedback with your supervisors. We take your viewpoint seriously and have regularly implemented new procedures aimed at improving our service to patients and their families. You can reach out to us at careers@paramed.com so we can discuss further the steps we are taking. Thank you.
the worst company ever. They dont care about us, Dont go for this company. You can go for 3 to 0 clients a day. Poor management I wish I could give 0 on my review. They dont reallyb care about us. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
19 January 2021
Our team takes feedback seriously and we welcome any concerns raised by employees. Our frontline workers are very important to us and are the backbone of our organization. We take your viewpoint seriously and have regularly implemented new procedures aimed at improving our service to patients/clients and their families. You can reach out to us at communications@extendicare.com so we can discuss further the steps we are taking, thank you.
They have lost half their office staff in the past month. The whole office is like a toxic sludge and management has no intention of fixing it. Terrible micro managers, incredible disconnect between workers and upper management - they have no idea how things even function and make decisions that do not accurately reflect how things are going in the community. They will actively screw you over and attempt to gaslight you out of your basic rights as a worker. Avoid this place like the plague. The whole company is crooked.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation
Cons
management, office culture, Hr
There is travel involved, but your paid for time travel and klm so great!Organization is friendly and well organized making this job rewarding. Pay is good but could be better.
Management is the absolute worst. They do not care about their employees or workers at all. They constantly force overtime on field and office staff because they claim they are short staffed yet refuse to offer job positions to help that. 1 hour unpaid lunch which will not be paid for being forced to work through when the day is very busy and they are short staffed so no one is able to help cover your lunch. I would not recommend anyone use their services. I was an employee and a patient and both experiences were god awful. I would not recommend the use of their clinic to anyone especially those who are immunocompromised as I personally felt very unsafe attending this clinic. Also heaven forbid you need to get a hold of anyone in an emergent situation cause noone is trained to deal with them adequately.
Cons
Long hours; underpaid overtime; short staffed; bad management
30 November 2020