ParaMed Home Health Care
Coronavirus update
Information from ParaMed Home Health Care:

ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada540 reviews
Great Company to be with !!! it is always an environment to learn every day and grow up as a health care professional, I enjoyed work with my team and clients.
It was a good experience I had working with ParaMed. I had sudden health issues that caused me to stop working for the company, but I would go back if I was able too. Although, it is a stressful position, management and your team make it easier on you and they are the to help you through it all!
Very sloppy work ethic and unclear on tasks...found myself cleaning the housed more than taking care of the clients.
The company does fully reimburse you for the KM you drive on the job.

Overall not a enjoyable place to work
My training and experience have helped me in assisting clients in all types of minor and major activities such as sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, walking, and exercising.

Since I have always loved helping people in need, and nothing gives me as much pleasure other than assisting someone who has lost his disability, I can easily meet the standards of your organization has set in support services.
Terrible pay. High turnover with management at the branch level. They may as well have a turn style at the front door. Laughable compensation. No raise in years. No pension!! Their extendicare long term staff have one. This company doesn't care about you. You are a body going out to make money for them. Not enough PPE with this pandemic going on. Still don't know why I haven't quit.
Work load is heavy and stressful. Other branche s push their workload onto other branches. Communication is horrible. Direct coworkers are excellent to assist but also have their own heavy workload. Wages are very low for what is expected.
I have worked as a PSW with ParaMed since January 2020. Coordinator, supervisor, and HR support are available and approachable. Flexible scheduling and more work life balance coming from shift work.
The management team not understanding the healthcare workers out in the community not enough supports no regularity and consistency and client care scheduling needs more Improvement poor communication can never get through to get that support needed when you're out alone in the community you feel that you're out there alone no support from the management team or the coordinators
One of the worst company to work for! The management very abusive and disorganized. I had to use my own vehicle because of the distance, it cost me a lot of money.
A typical day at work depends on your schedule. I would start in long term and end up in the community. There is a lot of back and forth and people not knowing how to do their job or a lot of people filling in and not able to communicate or provide info on issues at hand.
Management not helpful. Try to get through on the phone to support is next to impossible. Schedulers trick you into working for less. Incentives are paid at travel time.
If you have a vehicle and don't mind commuting this is an excellent position. The people you help are interesting and grateful, the people in the office are patient and understanding. The area was lovely and the people as well.
The company needs help. Poor communications over all from the management team, the pay is not enough for the work that you do. The energy is on health.
You are just a number. Managment do not care. Full time have to beg for hours and they are still hiring! Part time get all the hours. Schedulers are rude and managment has their favorites. This branch needs to be looked into by head office.
They are good to work for
Pay could pay more

Been here off and onvforc2vyears

Down side all over the city

Wish it would be one area

Coordinator can learn to do a better job
HOUSE SUPPORT WORKER JOB:They lay people off without a reasonable explanation. They always hide their caller Id when calling which makes it difficult to return calls. They do not give work schedule even after submitting availability sheet thereby encroaching into personal time. They expect employees to come to the office daily to request for clients to see which is bad.
They expected you to work and be on call all the time. If You were To express concern about being too busy and unsafe Amount of work it did not matter because if there is not enough staff to cover patient load but you had to be overworked. There’s absolutely no work life balance once you get home you would spend hours at home on your phone doing supply orders and patients reports, and if you were on call you would see both patients all Day and then all the evening patients as well. Each staff was treated differently and depending on how well they liked you would get better treatment. The pay is Low for nursing and very difficult to get a raise and very little opportunity for advancement
The management is good. the schedule is flexible but very unpredictable. there is no guarantee for how much hours you would get. one day its 10, next day it is only 2.
Low salary, management is unsure about what they are doing. No, proper communication to the client. No assessment about the environment of the client. No proper PPE when the client has infectious diseases. Procura phone is another cause of problem to the worker lots of passwords to open it which is time consuming.
Very stressful job. Always short staffed in the field. Some people there don’t care at all about the clients. Very catty employees. Don’t work together . Tattle on each other. Favourtism a big issue there. No respect . Loved my fellow coordinators and my area psws
Bad company in this health care business for its employees, HCA or Nurses. Jobs Under stressful conditions at the clients places and hardly and help from supervisors in the office. Travel distances too far for most of time and no pay for extended time or mileage for long distance patience. Supervisors Keep threatening all the time to fire if someone can not make to go to far distance patients because of any personal reasons or health issue. Always discourage to ask about any employees benefits or increase in paycheck But keep forcing them to do jobs as bonded labour like keeping guns on your head, Few supervisors are Ok who understand the employees problems But mostly others are like big boss and want employees do what ever they like even do the jobs which they are not trained for or supposed to do. In this time when everyone is scared from Corna Virus, Paramed supervisors are forcing employees to see patients affected with virus so many employees has been also affected too and company does not care about them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9