ParaMed Home Health Care
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Working at ParaMed Home Health Care: Latest ParaMed Home Health Care Reviews

Canada774 reviews

pswspswclientcoordinatorottawacarecoordinationstaff

Friendly compassionate staff at a productive work environment

Featured review

ParaMed Home Health Care selected this as a representative review
As an employee of ParaMed for 24 years, it has been the most rewarding experience caring for my elderly clients. ParaMed staff ensures that clients (residents) are comfortable, safe, and have a unique bond with their personal support workers.

Pros

Benefits, guaranteed full time hours, satisfaction and pride in work.

Cons

Sometimes shifts are understaffed.

I love working in Home care. Management is great

It is good working with PM. Winnipeg branch is smaller compared to other beaches but it has best team. My colleagues and boss are very supportive and highly professional.

Pros

Good work environment. ED of Winnipeg branch is a gem

Cons

Low pay scale

Insights into ParaMed Home Health Care

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Run

Would not recommend they are very disorganized. The scheduling department basically expects you to do their job for them and they are never reachable by phone. During an emergency they expect you to call until you are able to speak to someone. A lot of times when you are calling to see a client for the first time they haven't had any intake completed in addition to this a lot of the time clients will inform you of cancellation and it's up to you to spend the day on the phone with coordination figuring out the schedule and you're not being paid for your time doing that. also, they expect you to be reachable at all times and will try to contact you when you are not scheduled to work and expect you to answer your phone all the time despite not being paid to work on-call. My overall impression is that they don't care about the right to disconnect, that you have a life outside of work. It is not a very professional environment and a lot of the time you're being thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself.

Not somewhere I’d recommend

Most unsupportive place I’ve ever worked. No trust and employees are scared all the time. No caring at all. No time off. No work life balance. Lots of back stabbing.

Good flexibility

It was gold to work at. Good flexibility. Nice incentives if you have to drive further out then usual. Schedulers were understanding. I did not enjoy the cell phone app very much at the time but it may have since improved.

Not the greatest place to work

They promise full time and give less and less hours as your ployed with them. No one answers the phone while your out on the field. Half the clients no longer need assistance but take it anyway cause no one checks up. Toxic environment.

Enjoyed the clients.

Enjoyed the clients and working independently, although pay is a bit low. Lot of staff turnover. Last minute cancelations happen due to scheduling errors.

Pros

Flexible hours, Enjoyed the clients

Cons

Lack of advancement, no pay for last minute cancellations often due to scheduling errors

Co-workers were great to work with.

I enjoyed working at paramed. Team was great to work with and learn from. Management was helpful and easily approachable. I learned a lot of skills while working.

Very Bad Company

It was so stressful working for this company. under paidManagement Wasn't helpful at all barely any training Wasn't paid for milage unless 40KM above and would always make sure you would have just below that. Big gaps in days and phone system would make you wait for an hour to speak to someone even if there was an emergency... I am never telling someone to work here ever.

Pros

Cons

everything

Health insurance

Very law salary poor management I don’t recommend anyone to this company You will receive last minute client and lots of cancellations from the client not a accurate job and shift

Pros

Everything is poor

Cons

Poor

not good company to work for

they are unorganized, do not provide training, shifts all over the place, not paid travel time accordingly they took almost one month to start assigning shifts

It’s a job

Pay needs to be improved a lot. Coworkers are fun. Laid back atmosphere but chaotic at the same time. Do your job, don’t get involved in any drama and you’re good!

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Pay

Non productive and stressful

No matter how many hours you work it’s never enough for Management. No regular work schedule as management keeps adding more last minute clients. They are always emailing you on your days off to come into work. Pay is ridiculously low compared to other companies. Management never appreciated staff that work in the field; they expect you to work through all weather conditions with no regards for staff safety during inclement weather conditions !!

Terrible

Do yourself a favour and stay away. Benefits and pay are terrible. Management is inconsistent. Communication is ZERO. I continue to work for them because I care about my clients.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Everything else

Can be stressful at times

Decent place to work. Compensation could be higher given the role and responsibilities. Stressful at times when there were staffing shortages. Management was generally supportive.

Very poor management/supervisor team.

I had worked with this nursing team for 8 years and left in 2019. I returned in 2021 and can not believe the changes. Very concerned for client care.

Productive work environment

I enjoy working for Paramed they have wonderful clients the only thing is that if a client needs more time they have to go through a process and they don’t always get it and it’s frustrating for the client and the caregiver.

Horrible place to work

*They expect you to work 85-90 hrs biweekly but only pay you for 75. You cannot bank your overtime or take time off in lieu. The expectation is you work for free or find another job.

Not really a good place to work

Management is worse, they don't let you present your case. Once they decided, only that will be going to happen.Worse experience with management.Clients are good.

One of the better places to work as a PSW!!

Paramed gives an opportunities to grow in other areas of company if you’re enthusiastic and have positive attitude towards work even if you’re fresher. The best part is that they train you for any role that you join!!

rush schedule, low salary, poor management

You can get a job so quickly and they give you a shift pretty well. The coordinators listen to your situation and are easy to talk to. On the other hand, the supervisor doesn't CARE about you. Management is really bad. Also, the salary is too low compared with other companies. I don't think I work with Parmed again in the future due to the low salary and poor management.If you want to start a job here for the first time, you can work as a casual or part-time. I don't want to recommend you to work with Paramed for a long time.

Pros

schedule, easy to get a job so quickly

Cons

long public transportation hours, low salary, no flexible time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement