ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Not a good send off from internal staff.
PSW (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 November 2018
Just retired from the Paramed. I was very disappointed with the treatment I received. After 22 years of devoted service missing family functions, important events and no family time, I didn't even get a simple thank you. I ended with the same pay as some one just starting. Constant threats about my hours worked by staff barely out of school. I had worked many 90 plus hrs a week without a thank you. Management change over was crazy so many new bosses always changing policys and rules to their benefit not the field staff.

The company is focused on money and quantity and staff and quality. New hires have no understanding of the actual. No heart and compassion for patients or other staff members. So sad.
Should you even think about this company think very carefully before making a choice please. Iits your future.
Pros
No pros, Lots of broken promises.
Cons
Emplyees come last.
great starting job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 November 2018
great salary and benefits but home care ca be hard especially driving in winter. Hard to coordinate with management and other staff when your always on your own.
Schedule is unreliable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 October 2018
Schedule is inconsistent and unreliable. Salary on the low side.

Overall, it is very work/family life balanced and most staff is pleasant to deal with. Love my clients that I've had for years.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
inconsistant and unreliable schedule
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2018
Have only worked here for less than a month, everyone is very helpful and friendly. Everything I need has been supplied. Small office/few interactions.
Loved my clients
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 October 2018
Loved my clients, but my coordinator would double book me for clients or not give me the travel time i needed.
and when you try to book time off you dont get a response until 4 emails later and about a week
Pros
clients
Cons
takes days to respond
hard to understand the management especially most of the coordinator
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2018
the coordinator is not properly aware of there works always misplaced each schedule overlapping each clients time, we have no regular clients to work everyday seem a short of client and many workers an insufficient of works.
Not enjoyable at all
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 October 2018
Typical home care company with management improvement issues. Supervisors were great, but the office staff kept changing my client schedule while working. Also they would call at 3 or 4 in the morning to have you approve client schedule changes. consistency was hard to find and keep.
Cons
management
one on one with clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 October 2018
I enjoyed the one on one with my clients. all clients were great. our staffing was done in a different location so sometimes I was sent out of my district. I would get paid to work like 12 hours but be gone from home for 14 hours.
Company doesnt care for its employees
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 September 2018
Ive been working for Paramed for 2 years now. All those 2 years, they only posted regular shift ONCE. Im still casual. Hours are ok but there would be long gaps. Im paying for my health and dental since Im casual. Looking to find a better company soon. I only lasted this long because i get enough hours and I love my job. My clients are very nice and I would surely miss them. Only the higher ups gets good pay. CEO doesnt do much for us, more so the management. What a joke.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long gaps, no benefit, long term casual
This type of work is great
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2018
I used my skills and knowledge what I learned through my schooling .The management sucked as they continued to have different supervisors every 4 or 5 months and main managers, I love the clients and feel sorry I left because of management and coordinators in Calgary.
unprofessional and unorganized company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 September 2018
The coordinators in charge of shedueleing do not have a clue what they are doing. They do no provide any call aheads for the clients in regards to cancellations, time confirmations, or new psws. On multiple occasions some are rude to staff and even clients over the phone. They often blame psws and throw us under the bus when coordination are the ones in charge of time changes and scheduling. There is also no room for advancement. No yearly raises,no extra vacation. We have a new logging system that is atrocious. No one ever responds to emails and wait time for phone calls is absurd. A lot just come for the paycheque and don't even care about the clients
Lots of hours if you want them
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 September 2018
Good place to work if you want to live for your job. Set your availability but be prepared to be asked for multiple extra hours of work. Poor communication between office and field staff.
quite but busy on most days
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2018
handing out supplies to our care aides

helping and assisting with schedules for both clients and staff

management was quite slow but none the less approachable and
understanding when or if there was any altercations

unorganized filing system became difficult due to many mixed files in the process of moving office locations

enjoyed speaking with patients while i assisted in telling them there schedules
Pros
friendly co workers and flexible break times
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time and programming company phones
Great benefits but terrible company
PSW (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 September 2018
I was hired FT and never saw the hours. Very hard to pick up extra hours and make living on 16/hr. Great benefits though. My experience with management was extremely nasty. I would not recommend.
Company only family
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 August 2018
Very bad company. Hires family only & friends. Rude people to work for. Pay is horrible. Lots & lots of work to do not enough time to complete management don't CARE. Company does not listen to the employee
Pros
Cons
Very long hours.
Paramed doesnt deserve a star rating
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 August 2018
This place is joke, ZERO ROOM for work/life balance. ZERO compassion for the PSW's and workers. Coordination is an absolute joke they dont care they just throw anyone in your schedule no travel time... if you have a family and kids this is not the job for you
Pros
Whats pros!!!
Cons
Toxic environment, no work ethic , no core values
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 August 2018
Because of management in the office and upper management , the environment is extremely toxic ; they have no staff appreciation whatsoever, they absolutely do not value their staff unless it’s a “family” member . No core values , absolutely no care for the clients . If you disagree because you do care for the job and the clients , you are then punished by getting your hours cut . No professionalism at all and 0 work ethic.
Always mistake in the pay and very little effort to rectify as if it was the worker’s fault .
Cons
extremely toxic environment
Terrible management, toxic and stressful working relationships
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 August 2018
Not much to say other than if you enjoy being treated as a number then ParMed is your kind of job. Managers are never available when you need them, no emergency supplies at the office, insanely low pay rates. It seems that at the end of the day what matters is money, not clients or staff. No pension, no over time, no indirect pay and the worst of all - many clients go without care every day. Extremely hard to take vacation as there is never anyone to cover.
Benefits
Cons
Constant turn over of staff, starting wage is lower than other agencies, with no raise in sight. Also, No pension
enjoable part of my job
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 August 2018
I loved all my clients they were nice and kind. i learned diffrent things about diffrent cultures I really enjoed it and loved it so much. I love learning diffrent things.
Pros
free lunches
Pleasant job
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 August 2018
Nice company and staff however they are strict about giving clients to the ones with the most seniority. You can go awhile before enough work to make it worth your while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.