ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2018
Have only worked here for less than a month, everyone is very helpful and friendly. Everything I need has been supplied. Small office/few interactions.
hard to understand the management especially most of the coordinator
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2018
the coordinator is not properly aware of there works always misplaced each schedule overlapping each clients time, we have no regular clients to work everyday seem a short of client and many workers an insufficient of works.
Not enjoyable at all
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 October 2018
Typical home care company with management improvement issues. Supervisors were great, but the office staff kept changing my client schedule while working. Also they would call at 3 or 4 in the morning to have you approve client schedule changes. consistency was hard to find and keep.
Cons
management
one on one with clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 October 2018
I enjoyed the one on one with my clients. all clients were great. our staffing was done in a different location so sometimes I was sent out of my district. I would get paid to work like 12 hours but be gone from home for 14 hours.
Company doesnt care for its employees
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 September 2018
Ive been working for Paramed for 2 years now. All those 2 years, they only posted regular shift ONCE. Im still casual. Hours are ok but there would be long gaps. Im paying for my health and dental since Im casual. Looking to find a better company soon. I only lasted this long because i get enough hours and I love my job. My clients are very nice and I would surely miss them. Only the higher ups gets good pay. CEO doesnt do much for us, more so the management. What a joke.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long gaps, no benefit, long term casual
This type of work is great
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2018
I used my skills and knowledge what I learned through my schooling .The management sucked as they continued to have different supervisors every 4 or 5 months and main managers, I love the clients and feel sorry I left because of management and coordinators in Calgary.
unprofessional and unorganized company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 September 2018
The coordinators in charge of shedueleing do not have a clue what they are doing. They do no provide any call aheads for the clients in regards to cancellations, time confirmations, or new psws. On multiple occasions some are rude to staff and even clients over the phone. They often blame psws and throw us under the bus when coordination are the ones in charge of time changes and scheduling. There is also no room for advancement. No yearly raises,no extra vacation. We have a new logging system that is atrocious. No one ever responds to emails and wait time for phone calls is absurd. A lot just come for the paycheque and don't even care about the clients
Lots of hours if you want them
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 September 2018
Good place to work if you want to live for your job. Set your availability but be prepared to be asked for multiple extra hours of work. Poor communication between office and field staff.
quite but busy on most days
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 September 2018
handing out supplies to our care aides

helping and assisting with schedules for both clients and staff

management was quite slow but none the less approachable and
understanding when or if there was any altercations

unorganized filing system became difficult due to many mixed files in the process of moving office locations

enjoyed speaking with patients while i assisted in telling them there schedules
Pros
friendly co workers and flexible break times
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time and programming company phones
Great benefits but terrible company
PSW (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 September 2018
I was hired FT and never saw the hours. Very hard to pick up extra hours and make living on 16/hr. Great benefits though. My experience with management was extremely nasty. I would not recommend.
Company only family
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 August 2018
Very bad company. Hires family only & friends. Rude people to work for. Pay is horrible. Lots & lots of work to do not enough time to complete management don't CARE. Company does not listen to the employee
Pros
Cons
Very long hours.
Paramed doesnt deserve a star rating
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 August 2018
This place is joke, ZERO ROOM for work/life balance. ZERO compassion for the PSW's and workers. Coordination is an absolute joke they dont care they just throw anyone in your schedule no travel time... if you have a family and kids this is not the job for you
Pros
Whats pros!!!
Cons
Toxic environment, no work ethic , no core values
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 August 2018
Because of management in the office and upper management , the environment is extremely toxic ; they have no staff appreciation whatsoever, they absolutely do not value their staff unless it’s a “family” member . No core values , absolutely no care for the clients . If you disagree because you do care for the job and the clients , you are then punished by getting your hours cut . No professionalism at all and 0 work ethic.
Always mistake in the pay and very little effort to rectify as if it was the worker’s fault .
Cons
extremely toxic environment
Terrible management, toxic and stressful working relationships
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 August 2018
Not much to say other than if you enjoy being treated as a number then ParMed is your kind of job. Managers are never available when you need them, no emergency supplies at the office, insanely low pay rates. It seems that at the end of the day what matters is money, not clients or staff. No pension, no over time, no indirect pay and the worst of all - many clients go without care every day. Extremely hard to take vacation as there is never anyone to cover.
Benefits
Cons
Constant turn over of staff, starting wage is lower than other agencies, with no raise in sight. Also, No pension
enjoable part of my job
Community Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 August 2018
I loved all my clients they were nice and kind. i learned diffrent things about diffrent cultures I really enjoed it and loved it so much. I love learning diffrent things.
Pros
free lunches
Pleasant job
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 August 2018
Nice company and staff however they are strict about giving clients to the ones with the most seniority. You can go awhile before enough work to make it worth your while.
Productive and good atmosphere to work
Home caregiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
I have no problem with my job, I enjoy the way they deal with the employees, I just need more hours. I have free time and I would like to earn more money.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 August 2018
Busy work environment, knowledgeable staff, if you want to work they will provide you with work as long as you are flexible. Lots of learning opportunities and support .
Stay far away!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2018
Absolute WORST company I have ever worked for. They don’t even deserve one star! Management is on a complete power trip, and will belittle and degrade you in front of other workers just to show they are in charge. If you enjoy working for pennies on the dollar this is absolutely the company for you. They pay their nurses less than PSWs and expect them to work beyond full scope. Pay cheques are consistently wrong, and are never rectified until weeks later. They don’t think that people have a life outside of work, or actual responsibilities. Pay was always missing at LEAST half of worked hours, but because management is lazy and inconsiderate, they expect you to wait weeks to be reimbursed and then try to blame you for their mistakes. Training is nil and they don’t care if you aren’t comfortable doing skills or tasks. They tell you to read the policy and procedure book and figure it out instead of actually training you, which puts the patients at risk and your license on the line. The clinic nurses have it even worse... they see upwards of 20 patients/day and are paid less than community nurses and are expected to work through their breaks. Workplace bullying is guaranteed and management doesn’t care... they actually warn you that employees will bully you if they don’t like you. This company has one of the highest turn over rates and can’t keep supervisors/employees because of management. They have such a hard time keeping nursing supervisors and there is a new one about every month. They are essentially useless and a lot of them don’t have actual nursing experience and can’t  more... answer questions as they don’t know how to do/perform a lot of the skills. I could literally write a book with all of the negative traits within this company. Please save yourself the time and effort and look else where. Labour board is actively investigating them for a number of different reasons.  less
Pros
Patient rapport
Cons
Horrible management, no training, no breaks, extremely poor wages, no room for growth, company values money over patient safety, no work life balance, payroll errors every week, workplace bullying, management bullying
Poor management and expectations
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 August 2018
No core values
Inconsiderate of clients and non-management staff
Hires family and/or close associates to family
High expectations to complete projects that are not well thought out and time allotment to complete assignments without training or enough help or guidance
Upper management unappreciative (i.e. file 1 paper incorrectly and 2000 correctly, only the error is noticed and acted upon)
No salary increases regardless of accomplishments or years with company
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
No core values, unethical practices, preaches client care but very little consideration for same

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.