Play YouTube video button

Paragon Security Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Paragon Security selected this as a representative review
Doesn't Get Any Better
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
I previously worked for 2 other well-known security companies in Toronto and I must say, Paragon is definitely nothing I have experienced before. It's well organized, management is always very helpful and responsive, the pay is well above the average and they have most of the high-end sites in Toronto. I honestly wish I joined Paragon earlier.
Pros
Pay, nice sites, good management
Cons
You have to pay for uniforms
Cheap company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2019
No I don’t like it worst security company . They give you schedule anytime as they want.
Cons
Long hour
Avoid and seek employment elsewhere
Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2019
Consistent pay issues. They will hire just about anyone in order to sell their uniform. No room for advancement. The only bonus is that you can find a site where you get along with the client but outside of that you will have no regular contact with the company especially if you are self scheduling.
Pros
Some sites are good
Cons
Pay issues, low pay
Good job for people studying
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2019
If you in school and need a afternoon shift or a night shift id highly recommend but its not the best choice for a long time career due to pay rates within the company.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
low pay
Epitome of Excellence
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 June 2019
I've worked for Paragon for the past 6 years and Paragon has truly made me feel like one of the family . State of the art equipment and training.
A diverse crew of fellow colleagues makes the Paragon experience
Pros
Transports
Cons
Benefits are limited
Paragon is okay
Security Guard - full time (Current Employee) –  1440 enterprise road13 May 2019
I am a security guard, the job is okay but the pay is low and you don't get to choose where you work

hours can be all over the place working nights some days and days some others. Over all i wouldn't recommend paragon as a long term job.
a work place that is open for growth and development.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2019
the company is giving importance to each employee, visiting them on site, if ever schedules would meet conflict on some matters, the company is flexible, provided you inform them ahead of time or 4 hours prior to. A promising benefits for regular/ full time employee.
guides trainee to site.
Pros
training for development offered
Cons
null
Great company nice people .
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON21 April 2019
Wonderful working with this team had a great time with you. I hope to stay in touch with my friends there. Excellent benefits and holiday pay. Amazing customer service support. Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime.
Pros
Flexible hours, job security.
amazing company to work with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 April 2019
An amazing company to work for. They offer flexible hours and work with your schedule. I would recommend this company to anyone that is wanting to do security
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2019
I enjoyed working security the hours were long and boring but the Job would occupy the time I worked when I was younger so I was very impatient then but I would do security again
Pros
Easy job
Cons
worst place if part time
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 January 2019
if your full time security guard then they are good. but if you are a part time then they wont even treat you as a employer. you get a new uniform every year.
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
You're just a number here. They don't care about you. They make it seem like it's such a great place until you realize stuff. You're better off working for other places. Why work security for companies that offer you so close to minimum wage? & the scheduler's beg you to take shifts.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Ok for Night Owl Students and Retirees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 December 2018
I worked at Paragon for just under a year from various "floater sites" (random sites the scheduler books you in for usually the day of) and at a permanent position at Durham College/UOIT. Pay is pathetic at $14/h, when you get hired you are to pay a ridiculous uniform fee (ballpark of $300+) which you will be deducted in your pay, and will most likely keep getting deducted AFTER you've already paid it off so make sure you keep track of your paystubs. Also if you work overtime do not expect to get paid for it, again make sure you check your paystubs and your hours. I would recommend you document every shift you work to properly account your time. Still it is a very easy job very common with students as it's an easy way to get the odd shift into your school life. Would not recommend for a career. This is simply a "bum job" as I like to call them. Clock in, do your patrols, make sure you don't fall asleep. Job can be very lonely depending on which site you are place, whether that's a good thing or not is up to you. Just make sure you have a book. Even though in my time working here I never got into a physical altercation with somebody, the job can be uneasy at times depending on your location. Also you are immediately placed into a union that will never stand up for you (they actually hung up on a coworker of mine twice) but will never forget to take the money from your pay.

Honestly most of this review is bad because it is a pretty lame job, but if you're just looking for a job to get in some long hours quickly, this is most likely your best bet.m; as long as they pay you
  more... for them.  less
Pros
Easy
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible union, disrespected by public
Not a real job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
You work rotations that don't fit everyday life often going 3 weeks without a weekend. the work is easy and comfortable, however the shifts are long and the pay is minimum.
Paragon Security
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
A day:

Low pay, mediocre benefits, a union that can be good or bad or nothing at all. Abuse from clients and people, don't be surprised in this field.
Pros
Co-Worker (Sometimes)
Cons
Low pay. mediocer benifits, abusive people and work environments sometimes
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2018
they send you to sites as long as you can drive to them even if it is a hour away and the supervisers need a additude check love to boss you around and talk down to you much like the beginning of the movie Full Metal Jacket
Pros
Cons
low pay
Average
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2018
Working there was okay, as work itself wasn't bad, but the pay sucked as they only paid minimum with very fewer opportunities for advancement. Overall experience was average.
Good people but terrible experience
Shift Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 August 2018
It's a good place to work with lots of nice people, unfortunately the management isn't the greatest and neither is the salary. Nothing happens at the Newmarket Mall so little experience is gained.
Decent Job for students
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 April 2018
It's a good company to work for if you don't have issues with traveling a lot. Very inconsistent placements at times and scheduling can be random. Hard to get a permanent placement if you're a student but the schedulers and other team members are nice and help you out if you just ask. Decent place to work if you're young and looking for experience.
Pros
Approachable people within the company
Cons
Random placements, Far distances to travel, Don't get placed near your own area or a reasonable distance, Not compensated well in terms of wage if they place you far
Good Company
Front Desk Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
I really good company overall. It also gave me good experience. The company was really bad at scheduling people the last minute. But I learned a lot and made new friends.
Pros
Well organized
Cons
Bad scheduling
paragon
Security Officer Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
Improved communication skills

"Friendly staff and free training"

"They are fantastic at making you feel like you have nothing to worry about now that you have found a good company"

"Low pay, low employee/coworker competence, low skill level job"

"Promise of part time becoming full time but have heard that this does not happen"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.