Paragon Security

Site Supervisor17 reviews
Canada17 reviews

guardsecuritysiteschedulertorontopatroluniformenforcement

Work life

Just remember to make time for yourself , work is work no matter what always ensure you do your job to the best of your ability and what you are trained, never think of your duty as just a chill and paid .. critical thinking and sharp observing is a must in security and is strongly needed to be taught in the class course cause .. no offence and no disrespect in any form however there is a culture of tradition amongst foreign student gaurds that seem to just go on job site kick back and play music on their phones , whatch videos of half the shift , sometimes you have gaurds that don’t care to do patrols and that’s not fair to the client … but anyways work life is great full time I’ve don’t beat of both worlds so it’s safe to say expect the unexpected for your gaining of experience..sometimes the environments are fun and helps your time go fast some environments are neutral and weird but funny some are down right sketchy however they allow you to put what you’ve learned in your course to work .. I should know so yea work is good some sites are more than others. That’s cool.

Pros

Depends on the site

Cons

Expect the unexpected

Great hours for someone whose in a supervisor position (mostly due to site management), scheduler was easy to work with. Good benefits. Need pay increase for site specific.

Insights into Paragon Security

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great Company to work for

The Company is a family run business and from the time I started (1985 to 2003 and returned in 2006) with the company until today they have always been a good employer to work for, Paragon Security always treats their staff like family.

Love this company

Out of all the companies I have worked for this by far is the best. Paragon offers good sites with a relaxed atmosphere and a strong support system from management. Schedulers are friendly and really try and help.

Hours are good

Paragaon security is one of the largest security companies around there are lots of opportunities to do different types of sites . the benefits are ok but not great

Good security company to work for

If you want a good security job paragon is the way to go. If you do well you can climb the ranks from guard to supervisor in about 2 years. If you are a good supervisor there is room to move into operation positions.

Pros

Steady work, management, accommodating

Cons

Nothing to be honest

Love Paragon

Paragon is the company to work for. They will take care of you. They will give you hours. Their management is Flawless. Their way of handling employees is just great. Love working for Paragon.

Pros

Everything good about this company.

Cons

I did not experience any cons as of now.

Great place to start

Great company to start security with. provides training and support to staff. Slightly disorganized in scheduling but it is common in security. Constantly changing schedules can be hard to keep up with

Great Place to start

Great way to get training and experience if you are starting off. Not great in the long run, mediocre benefits, no pay raises unless explicitly requested.

Pros

Good starting experience

Cons

Not a long term career company

Great Company

Enjoyed working for Paragon had great sites but every site I was sent to contract was lost within few months, CSM's were pleasant to work for the scheduling department was good too.

Bad work culture thanks to Schedulers

Schedulers are really bad. Schedulers make it a priority to make your life real bad, they never help you at all and treat you like garbage. Have absolutely no manners on how to speak to staff. Client service managers are similar. The client pays company $23/hr and they pay the security staff $12/hr. And you do all the work, talk about being unfair!!!

Pros

you have a job

Cons

low pay, rude schedulers and unfair Management

regukar day at work

overall was fun working with company and group but the point is all others need to understand that security guard at residential and basically other places are just following rules that confirmed and transfer from management and security desk just enforce them not create them so please be more understanding the situation and do not give hard time to them. if see the person in security uniform it does not mean they have no education or from poorness starting this job. there is lots of educated security guards that have no choices other than do this job.

Pros

fun, teamwork and professional

Cons

deal with angry customers(or residents) who think you are only there to give them hard time

Great Management

Its amazing how you can benefit from working in security at Paragon . Working there had taught me to develop outstanding skills from interpersonal skills to problem-solving abilites . Management is understanding and always listening to new suggestions and complains . Sometimes , dealing with the public can be stressful in Security but Positivity is always the answer and in most cases it pays off.

Pros

New friends

Cons

All that Glitters is NOT Gold....

I was told at the Training Session when I joined this company was that you can move up and do really well with Paragon as long as you do a good job and put in the effort....well...I have worked hard and dedicated myself to the company and it has been a financial struggle more than anything else. In (6) six years of working for Paragon I had to fight and argue to receive a raise. From then on...I was deemed a Problem Maker by HR Management. I inquired about moving up in the company, since I have over 20 years experience, and I get the same attitude from Management that "There are over a thousand guys wanting to get in the Head Office as Managers but there's no room." I have seen employees who joined the company later than I did and they are already working at the Head Office. It seems like unless you have Friends in High Places...there is no way you can rise up in this company. Definitely will be looking elsewhere for employment.

Pros

Nice Uniforms

Cons

Trying to get a raise with this company is like pulling teeth.

nice site

its really nice place to work in the management staff is forthcoming and listen to the issues and try to solve them .the scheduler is a fantastic person

Pros

they are assessable

Cons

pay rates

diverse

Working at Paragon security was very exciting because it was diverse. Everyday was a different day, did not know what to expect on my shift. I learned to have better communication skills and a good judgment of people as I encountered 50+ people on a daily basis. Management and co-worker were very helpful and always provided help when help was needed. The job itself is not a hard job at all, some people make the job sound hard.

Pros

Cons

rotational shifts (nights and days)

Reasonably productive job sites

In the field of security you can have many different things happen from day to day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement