Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer34 reviews
Canada34 reviews

Not recommended

Unless you are really buddy-buddy with your handler you will be guaranteed to get a bad job and you better be happy about it or they will not give you another job.

Pros

fun friend

Cons

bad management

Good company to start.

Flexible hours. Really good for students. Lot of hours available depend on your availability. They’ve lot of sites and if you’re not interested in one place to work for full time, can talk to the management and they’ll find one that suit you.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low wages

Insights into Paragon Security

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive place to work

Overall, Nice company to get some good security experience. Productive and good for get into enforcement field. Fast paced environment and better salary than other contract security

Great security company. It’s also good for career development and advancement in the security field or law enforcement depending on your position and location.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Hours can be long

Good company to develop your career. I recommend working at paragon. Nice environment and better atmosphere. More hours and working opportunities in the

Productive, Collaborative & Resourced

Paragon Security is THE! company to work for. They have excellent growth opportunities & management is very supportive. I would highly recommend!!!!!!

Good part-time job. good opportunity in future to get in professional public services

The company itself is so transparent with all that goes on at the highest levels of the organization that I can tell you. good management for dealing with its all the employees as its an really established company from really long period of time company has gain real good reputaon

Good company training is excellent

I worked five years with Paragon I have not met a better security company yet. They were well organized, paid on time and training was done every three months. I have learned so much with Paragon Security

Great place

Great place to obtain Security License they teach you the basics and prepare you for the test. I had done the course at the Oshawa paragon all staff had been very helpful.

Great starting job

It is a great starting or part time job to have. The job is not as hard or difficult but you will get to know a lot of people and getting some customer service skill.

Epitome of Excellence

I've worked for Paragon for the past 6 years and Paragon has truly made me feel like one of the family . State of the art equipment and training. A diverse crew of fellow colleagues makes the Paragon experience

Pros

Transports

Cons

Benefits are limited

Wonder full company to work

it was a great place to work, my typical day at work was to do patrolling, keeping eye on suspicious things, greet and guide visitors and check their id. watch security cameras Write shift end reports. The best things was team work and the worst thing was using stairs for 14th floor building during patrol.

Pros

Free Piza on Fridays

Cons

I love the people i had work with

They are the few companies I enjoy to work with and they're encourage you to challenge yourself with confidence to grow with the company. They will help you towards promotions. I know if I ever move back to Toronto or if they expanded outside of Toronto area's towards a smaller city's, I would love to work for them again

Pros

Great staff, they do their very best for their employees, they are kinda people that willing to go for the extra mile

Great Training

Paragaon is a great place to work, I cant really say much more then that. Office staff, supervisors and fellow gaurds are all friendly people with lots knowledge to share

happy environment and the people are nice to work with.

my job is to secure the mall, make sure that people are safe and have peaceful envirionment. my job is partrolling inside and outside the mall. giving tickets to some cars that don't follow the parking rules. it is a nice job working with great people. I work night shift.

Pros

nice people

Cons

night shift

Paragon provides good training

The company is good, but sometimes, it can be a struggle to get a permanent gig. There is some room for advancement, but I don't know where. The management is good, but there is little progress as just guard.

Pros

supportive managment

Cons

few hours and low pay

good place to work

always busy, response time with scheduler and dispatch was good, great co workers, considerate of family, learnt allot in the security business, always got free coffees.

Part time

Will often give you shifts on the days you specifically say you can not work. Will not specify your kind of work until last minute. Coworkers are amazing

Typical Garbage Contract Security Company

What can I say? Your treated like gold and told the world when hired. However your treated like a number and nothing more with Paragon. The training is decent, however the Management is brutal. Very low standards and professionalism is shown when dealing with issues. Whatever the issue is they will do what is convenient for them. If you need a job its ok, however be aware of empty promises. I would advise any one looking to advance themselves professionally to look elsewhere. Low pay for an company that calls themselves professionals. If high turnover rate, low pay, low moral on sites are what you seek, then Paragon is your company.

Pros

Free Training

Cons

Lack of advancement, low pay, quality of life outside of work

Better than average security firm

Prompt pay. Caring management that is very flexible and willing to work with employees. Most enjoyable part is working with people. interesting coworkers.

Pros

Secure

Cons

Challenging shifts

Routine Work

Over all its good to work with Paragon Protections. Its an old company in security business for more than 40 years and have its branches in different cities.

Pros

Permanent Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement