Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Security Guard220 reviews
Canada220 reviews

I can only speak for 25 king st

Good stepping stone if you are trying to get into policing Pros- Good work environment - hands on, can learn a lot - lots of opportunities- Bonus pay at the end of the yearCons:- 12 hour shifts continental- no work life balance

Not a place for growth

Overall the experience at paragon is horrible. They underpay and treat you like garbage. Stay away from the Oshawa office if you can because the admin doesn't provide basic needs unless forced to. Will ask for you to do many things outside of your actual job in order to please a client even if your health and wellness is hurt for it. Only good for a basic paycheque and job security because so many people quitting that they keep everyone they can get a hold of. Will attempt to change your hours a lot to save money.

Insights into Paragon Security

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Only apply to to this job if you only need a paycheck, otherwise stay away

The only few goods things about this company that it's easy to get hired and start right away.If you looking for a career you can learn new skills and make some a living wage. This ain't it

No future in this company

Poor pay, management, they dont care for their employees at all, very unprofessional. Theres no future in this company you wont get any raises or no appreciation.

Do not work here

Not a good company to work for. Don’t care about their employees. Raises don’t happen. More work less paid, managers don’t lead by example. If you valve your mental and physical well-being DO NOT WORK HERE. All you are to this company is nothing but a number. The reason they are “Urgently” hiring is because they can’t keep guards, they won’t pay a descent wage, you pay for your uniforms, and anything you may need. They won’t support you if the “client” wants you removed, whatever the client wants they get.

Pros

Cons

Low wage, bad management, poor work like balance

Work place and pay is good, they provide basic pay

Management is too worst. They don't allow you to take off for 1 year, even if there any personal emergency and even if you remind them week before.. They say it's in contract. Don't get scammed by this guys . In case if you ask for off prior, supervisors and managers talk in filthy language.No benefits and nothing... Also they charge 365$ for their uniform, which we should return when we leave job. Every biweekly they charge randomly 25 or 50$ for no reason.

Great Security Company

I am currently working with Paragon Security Since December 2011 and accomplished many obstacles in which I understand and the experiences which I learned and training is fantastic and educating the Security Guards which has become more important and have become aware of their surroundings. The courses right now are advanced by the PPI Teams and the Managers bring in their leadership and their expertise and have put into actions where the guards are learning and improving. The Paragon Security Management are fantastic management

Pros

Courses have been improved and training is fantastic for the new recruits to come in

Solid In-between job

A major downside is they make you pay for every piece of equipment/uniform. The job itself is easy. Chances are the guards and direct supervisors will be there for you. Bit of a misunderstanding sometimes with expectations/dangers of some sights when on call with dispatch but that may just be how downtown is.

Nepotism and drama included.

Poor management decisions. Improperly trained and/or incompetent supervisors.Ancient system for shift changes or site changes.Not going to go anywhere at this company.

Low pay with no advancement

6yrs working at minimum wage, started with above minimum wage but as the government increased the minimum wage Paragon never adjusted the pay rate, only to the minimum so you actually got a decrease in pay. They are crooked and have no family values and force you to join the fake security union so they can deduct more fees off your paycheck. They just keep the money for their buddies.

Easy to get job for new comers.

This company is friendly and new - comer could get job easily in this company. Its better to gor for walk to be hired quickly. Salary range is not good but overall this company is good for getting security experience.

Paragon Oshawa

Not so good. But in Oshawa they are good. Overall it is good for part timers looking for a temporary work. The pay is minimum wage for part timers

They pay less

You can get a job quickly but working environment is not nice. I left the company because it was very toxic the work culture is really bad. They pay less

About what you would expect

Worked full time at two different sites DT and then on call for a bit as a guard. Other guards are usually very easy going so long as your professional. But there's a disconnect between you and management as they weren't aware of the danger or extra work needed at different sites for only minimum wage. You also have to pay for your uniforms, including any replacements and the "mandatory" winter jackets. End of the day this is stepping stone till you find a better job.

Pros

Great for students, Easy work, Flexible

Cons

Some supers take this too seriously, No warning of how dangerous certain sites are, Uniforms are not provided

employees are Underpaid for the amount of work they demand.

Wouldn’t recommend anyone yo work there. They don’t pay good money. We have to pay for the uniform ourself. They charge $50 just in union fee every month which is equivalent to 5 hours of pay.

The job itself was interesting, just depends who you work with.

The site I worked at was a very toxic environment. Lots of drama. My relief would be late every day minimum 10-15 minutes and I got paid maybe 3 times for it. They don’t care about covid protocols, they just care that you show up for your shift.

Easy work

As a Floater, we don't get enough hours. For the contractor escorts, you'll get paid for 4 hours though the contractor didn't show up. But your shift would be cut short because of the no show.

Easily replaceable

Start they care, help guards grow, but only if people in head office like you… besides that you can be easily replaced at any site. If an emergency comes up, you might not get it off, or get guilted into feeling bad for having to take a day

Pros

Certain people in the head office maybe care but can’t show it

Cons

Terrible company to work for but it’s a security company so what else is new

All security companies are the same. Terrible work for terrible pay regardless of your level of experience.This company in particular is something special. I was hired on to Paragon with 3+ years of experience from a high security site. The wage I was offered at the start was minimum wage, but I was promised that I would receive a pay increase within three months (this did not happen). Paragon will also hire you as part time so that you are not entitled to benefits, but they will force you to work full time hours, and make you feel bad when you say no to working so many hours. The administration staff are clueless and give incorrect answers to questions you raise. Staff are not made aware of their rights either. Administration will inform part time employees that they are not apart of the union, but you will have to pay union dues and they cannot explain why. (You pay union dues because every employee of paragon is apart of the union regardless working either part or full time hours) Management appears to care about their employees, however it is very evident the only thing they care about is work. I was hospitalized for 10 days with a serious medical complication, and once I was out of hospital I was unable to return to work for a month. During the time I was in hospital I received daily texts asking when I was coming back to work because the other guards at my site were short staffed and needed help. Although once I provided a doctors note stating I could not work for a month I received texts or calls at least once a week. On top of all of this, at the beginning of employment -

Pros

Cons

Pay, management, other employees

Ok for starting security job or first job

Depending on the site you get, it can be decent or just horrible. I worked downtown and had to deal with the homeless population often, having to kick them out most of the time (which could be one of the hardest parts of the job).

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

Building management could be bad

Good company with stable job opportunity

Working for Paragon Security has been a good experience, head office staff is helpful, if you are a good worker and are committed they value you as an asset, overall positive experience..

Pros

Hard work is appreciated

Cons

Payrate could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement