Paragon Security

Guard17 reviews
Canada17 reviews

guardsecuritysiteschedulertorontopatroluniformenforcement

Favoritism at its finest

This company has potential, I will give them that. However, after working there for a few months it became obvious that management only promoted those close to them or who they 'liked'. Owner at the time pretty much ignored anyone who wasn't a manager. The "little" people count too.

Pros

Stable hours

Cons

No room for growth, low pay

Highly recommend applying

Great career path for those looking to excel in law enforcementTraining is provided and available at head office (first aid as well as hand cuffing)Security is considered an essential job, never worry about finding work Once you find your site, the workers their will treat you like family (Good Family)

Insights into Paragon Security

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive and have strong support for employee and exceeding their client expectations

I am happy to be a part of Paragon Company, they are great in helping there guards to succeed through their training programs and support from the service teams.

Reliable, hardworking and enjoy contributing to a team effort

I enjoyed working with little or no supervision depending on the site. I have learnt how to interact and communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization and also to be helpful to client by providing solution to their request.

Paragon is a big company

Pargaon is a big Company and its easy for security guards to get lost in the shuffle, there is a disconnect between management and guards because there is so many and recruiters and management need to take the time to better care about them because some of them forget guards names even when they been working there a year smh. case in point improve management and get more qualified recruiters

Patrol Guard

This was my first security job, i was moved around from condo to condo and worked mainly nights on weekends. This job was stress free and easy, got a lot a cardio from patrolling

Stressful environments

Everyone's for themselves and it's very stressful and too much headache especially the confusing and conflicting rules and they basically don't care about you only their site.

always hiring

they very people to work with very flexible update training they work with you when there are errors understanding sometimes communications is okay sometimes

Easy work, decent pay

As long as you do your job you will be fine. Pay isn't great but work is easy. Always more shifts to pick up except for the summer. Schedule can be flexible based on your availability

Avoid and seek employment elsewhere

Consistent pay issues. They will hire just about anyone in order to sell their uniform. No room for advancement. The only bonus is that you can find a site where you get along with the client but outside of that you will have no regular contact with the company especially if you are self scheduling.

Pros

Some sites are good

Cons

Pay issues, low pay

Paragon

Typical security company that has extra training to help you advance in other fields. Fire or Mental Health courses you can take for free at their head office

A recent review of Paragon.

As an employee from 2016- 2018 I can honestly say that this job was fun, but extremely strenuous, if you need a job for exp. good place to start. However the politics in the office is very difficult to cope with, and furthermore if you are not favored by certain individuals within the security business it is very difficult to advance. Do not treat this job with too much care. The more you dont care the better you are off. Also the pay rate is diffrent of you are part time versus full time. FT/$15.75 vs PT/$15 after probation. Probation period is three months and you are paid minimum.

Pros

Work at your own pace.

Cons

Negative work enviornment

12 hour Nightshift

On a usual Night-Shift period, I would clock in and begin my patrols throughout the building, wrote notes and surveillance on cameras. I also continously repeated that throughout the night until noon. I learned to use my time wisely and work with late hours. The hardest part of the job was the late hours and balancing that with my family life but i did what i had to survive. I did enjoy working with other guards and dealing with problems to protect our community.

Pros

Various hours and time period

Cons

night hours

Fun workplace

Fun workplace I was concierge the residents were wonderful people but the management was disaster there is no money in security its waste of time and sometimes it can be risky so it's not worth it there is lots of other opportunities out there

Pros

Cons

Waste of precious time

Low Wages but Fun Job

There is very little room for growth with this company. They also advertise higher wages than they actually pay, you will start at minimum wage and if you get a raise it will be at very most only a dollar above minimum wage. The job is very easy and you work with great people.

Pros

Fun Job

Cons

Long Hours Low Pay

review

paragon security is flexible great way to gain experience with many different shifts avail. Fun out going people to get along with

Pros

experience

Cons

Very friendly and helpful co-workers with a lot of opportunities to grow.

- Arrive at different sites and talk to the property manager to understand everything that is expected from me. - Dealing with clients to keep a good relation with the company for future business. - Very helpful and easily accessible - Very helpful and friendly - Very friendly co-workers where it makes it feel like you're not working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement