Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Doesn't Get Any Better

Featured review

Paragon Security selected this as a representative review
I previously worked for 2 other well-known security companies in Toronto and I must say, Paragon is definitely nothing I have experienced before. It's well organized, management is always very helpful and responsive, the pay is well above the average and they have most of the high-end sites in Toronto. I honestly wish I joined Paragon earlier.

Pros

Pay, nice sites, good management

Cons

You have to pay for uniforms

Excellent work place. Management very friendly and accommodating.

I have so far enjoyed working with the company. It’s a great workplace but requires an understanding of the system.In the past, I received lots of criticism of the company, but my perceptions are different now because I discovered that to blend with the work, you must have patience and endurance.Paragon is an excellent workspace.

Pros

Prompt payment of wages

Cons

Small schedule occasionally.

Trash

I've worked here for 3 years and management is terrible the benefits don't exist or they make you jump through multiple hoops in order to use them they pay is garbage one paycheck is my whole rent there is no moving up at a site unless your kissing up to someone cuz management only hires people from outside if you get put at one of their college sites you'd rather wish to be jobless because it messes with your mental health and no one cares about you

Pros

Steady

Worst management ever

The scheduler expects you to travel 2.5 hours to job site in bus at the last moment. If you can't make it, he will rudely hang up on your face. The hiring team does not train you and expects you to learn everything on your own. Employees are not treated as humans. They charge crazy amount just for the mandatory uniform from day 1, seems like uniform is another way of their making profits after paying their employees minimum wage during probation.

Pros

None at all

Cons

Scheduling, Expensive uniform, Expect to travel 2.5 hours in transit at last moment and many more

Highly recommend applying

Great career path for those looking to excel in law enforcementTraining is provided and available at head office (first aid as well as hand cuffing)Security is considered an essential job, never worry about finding work Once you find your site, the workers their will treat you like family (Good Family)

Good Company to Work With Management Can Be A Little Disorganized At Times... at

Generally speaking a good company to work for. As long as you're good to them they'll be good to you. Management can be a little disorganized but they have over 4000 guards to look after which is understandable. They'll help you find work as long as there's work available near you. I moved from Toronto to Sudbury and finding a job was not stressful at all because I was employed with this company.

Pros

Plenty of work, room for advancement, benefits, flexible hours

Cons

Management can be unorganized at times...

Enjoyed training new applicants

Worked at two locations enjoyed meeting new staff and training. Company always has ongoing training with certification. Found a lot of friendly personal

Pros

Meeting new staff and learning new procedures

Cons

Long hours at times

Productive and have strong support for employee and exceeding their client expectations

I am happy to be a part of Paragon Company, they are great in helping there guards to succeed through their training programs and support from the service teams.

Good experience with fellow employees (Management are snakes)

Management are snakes at this company. They get 50%+ hourly wage profit from client for doing absolutely "zero" work. But they do come by to try to look good.

Pros

Easy Work

Cons

Long Hours (No Flexibility)

Good Company Good People

Best Security Company to work for.I moved to Canada in January 2017 and since March 2017 I’ve been working with Paragon. Paragon helped me in everything. I was able to apply for my permanent immigration status through Paragon. Hard Work always pays off. Amazing People.

Jobs at Paragon Security

See more jobs

Great people, great culture.

Great people, great culture. They are truly focused on helping guards be successful via industry-leading training and total organizational support that is unrivalled in the industry. They have also uniquely identified and resourced the challenge of fully staffed which is a key to developing client loyalty.

Family Company

Well organized and fun at work. You are treated like a family member. Given opportunities for a challenging career. I have been with the company since 2013. Worked on all levels and enjoyed working here. Very good clientele and the best part is the management knows the names of all guards working for them.

Pros

Opportunities

Every single day you learn something new,Great atmosphere for well paid jobGreat staff members and supervisorFlexible shiftsi just love my workplace.

I joined this company in August 2017 and I must say, this was one of the best decisions of my life. What I found quite unique is their organizational structure that allows management to develop close relationship with their employees. Paragon also encourages employee recognition and development which keeps guards and managers motivated and it makes them feel appreciated. Paragon prides itself in providing unparalleled service in the industry therefore, the expectations are definitely high. However, there is a tremendous amount of support and resources that make your job much easier.I am so thankful to this organization for providing me with professional growth opportunities and for their leadership that has made me a better security professional today. There is no other company like this so if you decide to join our team, you certainly will not regret it.

Pros

Higher pay, flexibility, support, resources, recognition.

Cons

Great fun company to work for

I've worked for and seen may security companies before. The culture and support here is second to none.Management does everything they can to help, doesn't get any better in the security industry than here.

caring and team working environment

Everyone works together and always there to support. I am not perfect but Paragon makes me feel i am important.Excellent recourses and to support the team and great training dept.

Pros

excellent support

Cons

Na

better than other companies I have worked for

I've worked for three different security guard companies. Paragon has by far been the best. Great training, supportive service managers and decent wages. Pay is always in time and usually correct, never have guards not showing up like other companies I worked for

Pros

they always pick up the phone

Cons

not much overtime available

Great company to work for, Opportunity to grow, Benefits

Paragon Security staff guided me through the process of getting my Security License. When I received my license I called for an interview and met with a couple of their recruiting staff. I was assigned to my current site which I enjoy. I took additional training in person a few years ago, now the training is online and I am still taking training. The managers are friendly and they respond quick. Fair wages.

Pros

Training support, benefits, approachable management

Cons

I had to pay for my first set of uniform but after a year it s issued yearly

Great Company to work for

The Company is a family run business and from the time I started (1985 to 2003 and returned in 2006) with the company until today they have always been a good employer to work for, Paragon Security always treats their staff like family.

Peaceful, stressfree and friendly environment.

Excellent work environment. Very caring management. Co-workers are very friendly and sympathetic. Uniform is also very attractive.A huge availabilty of work olaces. Job flexibility.

Pros

Stressfree and friendly envirinment.

Cons

Hourly pay rate is low.

Amazing Work Atmosphere

Paragon Security is well trusted with it's clients to manage and protect their assets while providing exceptional customer service. My role as Security Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor in a retail setting benefited me as I was handling new tasks, providing leadership to my fellow peers and reaching my long term goal of becoming a Police Officer. My management team and especially my CSM coached me and help further develop new skills and sharpen my current skills. I am grateful for the opportunity as this has led me for career advancement opportunities in Law Enforcement. I high recommend.

Pros

Supportive Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement