Play YouTube video button
Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Canada300 reviews
Featured review
Paragon Security selected this as a representative review
Doesn't Get Any Better
I previously worked for 2 other well-known security companies in Toronto and I must say, Paragon is definitely nothing I have experienced before. It's well organized, management is always very helpful and responsive, the pay is well above the average and they have most of the high-end sites in Toronto. I honestly wish I joined Paragon earlier.
Pros
Pay, nice sites, good management
Cons
You have to pay for uniforms
Supportive team
Fast pace environment with a lots of emergency occurrences. Supportive team, offering rides home after hours in case no transportation available. Able to advance and get promoted in a short time(few months) if responsible. 12 hour shifts which sometime can be overwhelming, otherwise a good place to work.
Good part-time job. good opportunity in future to get in professional public services
The company itself is so transparent with all that goes on at the highest levels of the organization that I can tell you. good management for dealing with its all the employees as its an really established company from really long period of time company has gain real good reputaon
A company with very good sites and diverse work culture
This company have different teams who perform diffrent functions and provide different services. As I am working in blue team which mainly work in commerical sites.
Good
Awesome experience working with Paragaon security organization an excellent Supervisor’s during my period then and Great people as colleagues. I had safe environment to work
Bad workplace
Like most other security companies I would say that Paragon definitely takes advantage of and preys on people who are willing to do anything for a job. Most people I talked to had been working at paragon for years on rotating shifts and were still getting paid $14 an hour. These jobs should be paid more however Paragon has no interest in paying they're employees a fair wage. When I went into Paragon I was offered $15 dollars to work in an area where there was a higher risk of contracting Corona. Meanwhile I had been offered $17-$18 by other companies to work in similar environments. In addition to this on my orientation day I was pulled aside by another supervisor and offered a job on the other side of the city where I would have to work 15 hour shifts 3 days in a row. I asked if I would be able to work the job I was previously offered by the other supervisor and I was told that job didn't exist and that there was no other job available. I was then told by my other supervisor that I would be able to have my other job which made the hiring process very confusing. Lastly my hours were switched on me by my supervisor and I was told by other employees that this had happened to them. My experience with Paragon has been very negative. They're head office looks very nice and appealing however it does not reflect how they treat their employees.
Secures premises
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
Fun job, not worth the pay
They offer good training opertunities but there is almost no room for advancement. The pay is minimum wage or slightly above, and the benefits are ok but not great.
How much you enjoy the job is completely dependent on your site.
It was great working with paragon
The job includes managing front desk, keeping an eye on cameras, managing residents complaints and packages etc. It was really great working with Paragon.
working with Paragon is a bit stressful but you gain experience from different areas of work. and the day you step at paragon for a job you gain .
My first day at work was a challenging because of new faces, new site and new standard working procedures .
The management was also challenging \. The hardest part of my Job Was stairwell checks
The best security company to work with but the remuneration is too low
Paragon is one of the best security outfit to work with in Canada but the rate per hour is poor. The management is okay but something must be done to the remuneration so that their staff may stay. The training is of International standard and most of the fields heads are friendly and also take their jobs very seriously.
Pros
Staff work with team-spirit
Cons
Poor rate per hour
N/a
Staff ad schedulers are nice and many options for working locations. Certain positions require some more experience but knowing where you want to work is a safe bet.
Only good as a stepping stone.
This is not a place to work unless you are using it for some experience and then moving on. They hire anyone with a license and they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus if there is an issue.
fun workplace deal with many people
It was a good experience but during daytime is a little stressful. management is excellent and very supportive.sometimes when you start you will be involved with night shift after few months may be you can change it to day shift.
Pros
extended health ins
Cons
night shift is hard
comfortable and excellent supervisor
The company is okay somewhat, but with my experience i think the pay should be higher. My coworkers are very respectful and look out for each other.If the pay increase it would be a perfect company.
Pros
Scheduler is accommodate your needs as best as possible
Cons
low pay rate
Not fair at all
You are just a number there, they do not care what you do for them. At the earliest chance they send you to a very bad site so you quit. The HR manger and HR director are so untrusted and unfair people.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
So unfair
Good company training is excellent
I worked five years with Paragon I have not met a better security company yet. They were well organized, paid on time and training was done every three months. I have learned so much with Paragon Security
Not worth the trouble
I was an employee of this company for almost 10 years. This is the worst employer I have ever had. I have been doing security for around 12 years and I always say that this company will mistreat its employees, way underpay them, no real advancement, no proper stability and also it felt embarrassing to tell people that I worked for this no good disorganized company. It almost felt like I kept my employment with them a secret as if I did not want people to know.
Everything good
Paragon is nice company, well organized and professional services. They train guard with proper training and safety. I love working with this company. They are providing excellent service in Toronto.
Stressful with unreasonable expectations.
Site and shift supervisors are self-important and self-absorbed. They barely acknowledge new security guards. They behave in a threatened manner when dealing with any guard that challenges anything that they say or do. Highly disorganized and are always scrambling to fill vacant shifts. They all believe that Paragon is a stepping stone to working for the police force - any police force will do. Most are overweight, cannot run 100 metres to save their lives, and have absolutely no knowledge of martial arts or self-defence. This is an acceptable filler job until you can move onto a better position. If you are looking for a long term job, Paragon is a very poor choice. Look elsewhere, preferably a smaller, more family oriented company. Paragon is too big and unwelcoming for its own good.
Pros
Many shifts available.
Cons
Feels like you are back in high school again.
Great place
Great place to obtain Security License they teach you the basics and prepare you for the test. I had done the course at the Oshawa paragon all staff had been very helpful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9