Paragon Security

Paragon Security: 467 Employee Reviews

Canada467 reviews

Good Company Good People

Featured review

Paragon Security selected this as a representative review
Best Security Company to work for.I moved to Canada in January 2017 and since March 2017 I’ve been working with Paragon. Paragon helped me in everything. I was able to apply for my permanent immigration status through Paragon. Hard Work always pays off. Amazing People.

good eviornment

not too stress. good work life balance. Night shifts are too quiet. no work pressure. they are not paying well. no one is their to supervise you. we have to take all the actions from front.

Insights into Paragon Security

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fast paced and productive

Very fast-paced place to work but can also be very stressful dealing with a lot of homeless people. Pay is ok could be better. You do get a lot of hourse and can pick up extra shifts if you like.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Low pay

Good

very good working environment. love people working with me. Pay can be more, other than that nothing much. Front desk jobs are always amazing and u get to balnce life outside

Pros

no work overload

Cons

pay can be more

As long as you know your duties its'a Fun place to work

This company is well organised specially from Management prospective. As long as you get the job done. You get recognisation of your work time to time. You put yourself out there you get the best result of being treated in a company. Good company to start learn security industry.

Extremely friendly and cooperative work environment and management

I was fortunate enough to land a full time site within my first week of being hired. The site is very nice and matched what I was looking for as a Security Guard. The management that I have had are very friendly and realistically accommodating. I never felt like I was unimportant or "just a number", and never felt even a whiff of ego/attitude when communicating or requesting something as an employee from management. I definitely recommend working here if you are looking for a security company that cares about you and has many sites throughout the GTA.

Fun to work for Paragon

Very friendly environment good place to work, benefits and salary below datum line.There is need to improve,The union doesn't do much but workers subscribe monthly.

I had good experience of work with Paragon. Mangement was problem solving, colleagues were helping, my site was good and easiest to work. My shift timings were friendly. After all I will never forget the golden period I passed in Paragon. I will never miss the chance if I again get the job in Paragon again.

decent place to start

decent place to start if youre in school or need a job while looking for a career. pay is what it is for security but not a bad place to work for awhile

Pros

easy for the most part

Cons

irregular hours

Excellent Security Company

Excellent security company with great management and work culture, provides wonderful career growth opportunities. I feel grateful that I started my career with Paragon :)

Security Company that provides room for advancement

My job as a recruiter is not only limited to interviewing and hiring, but looking after all of the new employees on my team and ensuring that I am steering them on a path for success. I have been working in the security industry for over 5 years and I have not worked with another company that cares about it's guards as much as Paragon does. Good guards are made by good guard companies.

Excellent Security Company

Excellent security company to work for, has an amazing work culture and management, wonderful growth opportunities. I've been grateful that I started my security career with Paragon and still feel proud to be a #Paragonian.

Growth and Goal Oriented

I have been with Paragon for almost 4 years now. I joined the company just to get a job to pay bills but decided to stay because of the culture. I started as a Security Guard moved to Mobile Supervisor, then got promoted to Dispatcher and now I work as a recruitment specialist. My experience has been great during my time, I have been offered opportunities to grow and support to develop my personal and professional skills.Would definitely recommend working here.

Working as an Administrative in Locating department

In a typical day at work, I fulfilled the management tasks of opening and closing the facility. Also, I am doing various administrative duties including answering phone calls, drafting documents, emails, filing and greeting visitors and provides strong customer service.I learned numerous things from this job as I got to know about how organization works in a quick way as well as learn the fastest way to get administrative work done. I learnt how to build connection as administrative staff speak to everyone and this role gives opportunity to make contact and connections with a wide variety of people. Also, I learnt how to liaise with multiple departments, organization of data, proficiency in Microsoft, PowerPoint and excel, filing and recording reports/other documents, and handling multiple tasks. Last but not least, learn what exactly teamwork called, as it’s a indeed fact that teamwork makes the dream work. The management is well managed and organized as well as the workplace culture is respectful and fairness. There is a trust and integrity, growth mindset, communication, transparency, diversity and many more. I am not finding anything hard about my job and I am enjoying each and every part of my job.

Great Workplace!

Paragon is a company which show their employees that hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. Management ensures a stress-free work environment. They allows us to polish our skills by providing enough training.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Can't think of any

Workplace filled with varities of challenges where you can improve yourself everyday!

Paragon Security is a very well organized company. It has so many resources that can be used and utilized by every single employee in the company. It is a very well structured company that works towards guard's success and being fully staffed. I take pride in working at Paragon and always recommend my friends and families to join.

Pros

Free massage and free coffee

Great Company

" Proud to be a part of Paragon Family for last four years". I have had so many opportunities to showcase my skills ad talent. The growth and success I had in my career is all thanks to my Mentors. Everyone in Paragon look for team achievements and development by keeping each member of family intact.

Fantastic work culture, really cares about their employees

I am currently working at Paragon Security as a Manager and I can confidently say that the work culture here is amazing. The owner of the company truly cares for the staff that work here. Whether you are in a guard position, or a head office position. He is all about making things easy, respecting one another, and providing all the tools necessary to make everyone succeed. Small wins, big wins, they are always recognized, and I am fortunate to be part of a company like this.

Career advancement at the peak

Best company to work with in terms of work life balance, career advancement and appreciation. currently working with them for more than 3 years. Started my career as a Guard and currently working as a Recruiter within 3 years. This is a family based company and treat everyone as they are one of their family member.

Pros

Appreciation, great management, lot of hours

Cons

nothing at the moment

A great place to grow

My experience has been all positive. Paragon is a supportive and well run company that puts their guards first. Paragon has opportunities for all experience levels, they hire students, new Canadians and seasoned security professionals. A great place to work.

low pay

every site is different, so its difficult to talk about the amount of work, stress, the people you work with and etc, so I cannot say much. But as for paragon itself, the pay is low, you often work with people that just moved to the country so their english is not good, thus making the job more difficult than it has to be. paragon has been losing a lot of sites recently, and I am not surprised. but at the same time, it can it can possibly also be clients that are unreasonably. some clients treat security as real employees, my sites treat paragon security as scape goats, security gets blamed for everything. security in general is a dead end job, its easy but useless in the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement