Paragon Farms Employee Reviews

All around decent job
Swine Tecnician (Current Employee) –  Paisley area24 January 2019
Like any workplace, Paragon has its pluses and minuses. The good is that the work is steady, with no layoffs. My experience says that management is fair, expectations are realistic. Do your work and you are left alone. Absolutely treated respectfully. Is it hard work? Yes and no. Lots of walking, but no heavy lifting. Benefits are good, pay is ok. Not great, but better than a lot of other places. Yes, you do work every other weekend. It's Agriculture. You get used to it. If you are the type who likes to learn every day this can be a pretty good place to work. The job requires teamwork, but also individual work. Benefits are good overall. It really helps if you enjoy and respect animals.
Pros
Benefits, management listens and responds, treated fairly. Quarterly performance bonus is great.
Cons
It's a bit hot in the summer. It's a pig barn. Yes, it smells a bit, but you get used to it.
Horrible Company and managment
Barn Hand (Former Employee) –  Thamesford, ON29 September 2018
I worked in many barn locations in the period of 13 yrs. I would not recommend working for this company unless you want to work your butt off for peanuts and never be appreciated! You will have to work every holiday and every other weekend. Favoritism is a big thing at this company. You will likely not be very happy working here as you will find out very quickly what I am talking about. STAY AWAY!!
Benefits
Cons
Working every holiday and every other weekend. Treated unfairly
Has excellent employees/management. Many facilities (Barns)
Sow Breeder Tech (Former Employee) –  Putnam, ON30 November 2016
I worked for both the North Thamesford and Putnam locations. I enjoyed Putnam the best though. The workers really know their stuff, and Management is easy going. It was a Farrow to Wean operation. "Get the little buggers out the door when their young" I say. The most enjoyable time was when I arrived. I really enjoyed all aspects of the operation. The hardest part of the job is keeping the place clean. but a little each day did the trick.
Fun
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON29 November 2016
Interesting Work experience, kind of miss it.
Co workers are very fun nice people
management is very friendly
hardest part is dealing with sick pigs
most enjoyable is dealing with the piglets
Pros
Good people
Cons
longer hard working hours
Good team environment
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thamesford, Ont23 October 2015
Excellent team environment! Hardworking employees that really care about their success. Very competitive benefits program, but lower wages. Overall a good work environment.
Satisfying work
Breeding Technician (Current Employee) –  Mildmay, ON19 March 2014
Feeding the sows, breeding the sows and looking after herdhealth. I learned to work as part of a team and help others when they needed help so they can return the favor to. Management as was good let us know what we needed to do and what targets we had to meet or what areas we could improve upon or explained new ways of doing a task. My co-workers were great to work with and we all worked well with each other. The most enjoyable part of my job is achieving our targets and goals constantly.