Paradigm Quest

Paradigm Quest Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
fast paced busy workplace with fun perks
A typical workday starts off with a review of what happened the previous day. Emails answered, Mortgages, and all their related documents are all shared and verified. Prioritization, closing dates, communication, are all key components to a typical day
Pros
Being a team member with a successful team
Cons
Having lunch at my desk
Lack of leadership and direction
Lack of leadership and direction along with low name recognition and products that are inferior in the industry make it impossible to succeed. High attrition
Truely a great place to work!
There are so many organizations that say the same thing : "we put our employees first, we strive to be the best, we believe in executing with excellence, committed to transparency..." At Paradigm all of this is true - how refreshing to work for an organization that walks the talk!!
Fun environment
Provided a great work family life balance. The morale was great management was approachable and provided a mentoring program for staff members. The hardest part of the job is that it can be a bit repetitive.
Loved it
i loved this job, working with people and experiencing new things and learning knew stuff was amazing here. The managers always helped you when you were stuck and weren't sure what to do, but because i was commuting via everyday it made it hard to work and have a life at the same time
Temporary Job
Job security isn't great as there is a high turn around in staff and management.

Work culture can be fun at times.

Beer cart every Friday with snacks.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
not good in future advancement/raises
not a good place to work
many good employees are undervalued and not appreciated. too much favouritism. poor senior management.
no loyalty for dedicated employees

focus is not on rewarding the best people
assisant
amazing place to work at
great staff

good pay

benifits

managment

nothing was hard about the job

everyone was super nice and helpful

location was good
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paradigm Quest?
Company is good to work at
Company is good and working there I learnt a lot of new things. Anyone who loves hands on experience should consider Paradigm Quest as an employers.
Apply only if good culture is your motivation...the skilled not apply.
The culture is all fun and games, celebrating special events, throwing parties and etc. You will have a lot of opportunity to make quite a few lasting friendships and extend your family.

On the other hand, the workload is unbalanced, the management staff leave a lot to be desired, standard practices are ignored, and any dream of career advancement is quickly but effectively shut down.

When assigning tasks or filling positions or administering compensation such as raises and bonuses; your strengths, skill sets, experience, certifications and/or education is unacknowledged and means very little in the selection process.

You will more than likely be better educated and more experienced in your field, than the leadership overseeing your tasks.

You will find that the hardest part of the job is learning your way around their unnecessarily convoluted proprietary workflow driven systems. You will come in armed with education, experience and skill sets in the latest technological standards, only to sadly discover that you won't need them, and aren't likely too.

I have to say that the highlights of the job is primarily the people you are sitting next to and the company culture as a whole.

At the end of the day, brain atrophy rears it's ugly head and you feel like you have walked away with less knowledge and skills than you walked in with.

If you are looking to get an in-depth understanding of the financial lending industry, this is a good place to start. If you are looking to advance your career, I highly recommend you look elsewhere. This is where you would go to
 - more...
Pros
Great opportunity to learn financial lending industry and it's moving parts, Summer Friday beer carts, yearly Ontario harbour boat cruises, tons of team building events.
Cons
Experience and skills are ignored, no career advancement, promises not kept, weak and uneducated leadership, standards and best practices are ignored, job entails using a clunky over-convoluted proprietary workflow driven system
Hard work, but it's rewarding with the right mindset
Great environment and great team. Requires hard work, but it's rewarded with independence and no micro management. It has a start up feel, but it's an established company with great leadership. This company has a vision and if you are onboard and motivated, the reward is that you feel you are part of something. It offers a lot of flexibility and there is great life/work balance. Option to work from home and there is a good level of trust from the managers.

Friendly people and lots of growth potential.
Pros
Independence, work from home, flexibility, competitive salary, fun environment and team
Cons
Lacks training and communication between management and employees could be better
Worst company
They fire employees on a minutes notice without ANY warning. No training given and very poor management who have 0 experience in the mortgage industry.
A great place to work full of smart, hardworking people.
This has been a great, secure place to work for the past 4 years. The people are really what make this company special. The monthly beer carts and annual summer boat cruise parties don't hurt either.
Edgemont Market
Good first job where I learned it does not matter what your assigned job is but what is more important is helping people. This can make any job very rewarding.
Pros
exposure to customers
Cons
taking out the garbage!
Good workplace and a lot of fun
8 Hours of work, repetitive tasks
Time management skill

Target oriented

Mortgage industry

Good co-worker

Good management style
Pros
Learning environment
Great company!
Paradigm has been one of the best and hardest experiences of my life. I walked into paradigm not knowing anything about mortgages, now I know more than the average person and i'm so thankful for that. this company is filled with diversity and incredible people! The hardest part was trying to learn everything within a certain amount of time and commuting back and forth from Barrie to Toronto everyday. This job has provided me with becoming a fast learner and expanding my vocabulary.
Great workplace with opportunity to grow
Great place, great management with lots of company benefits such as matching RRSP, company events and team outings. Great office space and wonderful coworkers
Pros
Free lunches
Fun & Great People!
Lots of fun activities like the amazing race, beer cart Fridays, costume contests and lip dubs. It is growing fast so there are lots of opportunities for promotions - I was promoted twice in 2 years. My coworkers are awesome and are what make it fun. On the downside, it is also super busy and there is a ton to get done - not for the faint of heart.
Pros
Company events, coworkers, flexible schedules
Cons
Really busy
A sweatshop and revolving door
Working from 6am to 10pm everyday and in on weekends without overtime pay is the norm here. Employees have cried and broken down because of stress and insane work hours. Mgmt is only concerned with the bottomline.
Pros
Cons
too many
Productive and fun work atmospher
Enjoyed my short stay at Paradigm Quest, as there was lots of fun to go around with the work we did. Management treated us real well, always helped when needed. The work was just long, but it was a great experience. Not difficult tasks, just lots of data to analyze.
Pros
Every friday, free lunch and Beer Cart
Cons
Long and repetitive work
Great Culture
Team members are great and helpful, great place to work. There is a Facebook room with an Xbox and Nintendo Wii to play video games during lunch hours. Flexible management that allow you to work at your pace, but expect results at the same time.

Overall, its a great place to work and I enjoy my time while I am here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradigm Quest. Our community is ready to answer.
Paradigm Quest Reviews by Location