Paradies Lagardere Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, Management are beyond worst
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2018
One of the worst company out there to work for. I start at a little over minimum wage, and when the minimum wage adjusted, they just ignore it, and when you asked them about it they said it what you got now. Upper management constantly on your tail and request absolutely unreasonable thing.

Wage is may as well be minimum, in fact as of now it is minimum wage
Pros
Great co-worker, can meet alot of interesting people
Cons
Horrible upper management that constantly on your tail
Productive work place with a great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 May 2018
Work is self-managed and it requires a fast learning pace. I learned a lot about how to run a store and how to manage stocks and supplies for a day's worth. The environment is great and the workers are hard working and enjoyable to be around.
I love working here. the whole place is like a family to me.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2018
The day gets busy depending on the number of flights during your shift. Job includes assisting customers, maintaining and replenishing stores. Best part is the people you get to work with.
So far a great place to work.
sales person (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2018
The job is retail. Sometimes its busy, sometimes its quiet. You have to look for things to keep busy when there aren't any customers. Its a good place to work if you want to be on your own. Its fair expectations.
Pros
get lots of hours
Cons
staff that call off shift, don't come in to work
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2018
Don't work here. The managment at Ottawa location is terrible. Most of time you are standing around doing nothing. For what you are paid managment demands way too much of you. No benefits. Supervisors aren't helpful at all. And you are written up for basically breathing.
Pros
Working at airport
Cons
The time you are working
Horrible Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
This platform is horrible considering the amount of work GM put her work on associates and supervisors. GM is very lazy and spread rumors over the platform. Very unprofessional since she talks back about associates. Store is often out of stock due to the warehouse supervisor laziness. Communication is horrible makes work so stressful. Unprofessional and aggressive GM towards all associates whether you work or not.
Pros
discount
Cons
unprofessional, aggressive GM. Unhealthy working culture
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC17 January 2018
Working in the airport is fun. You always meet new people everyday which is cool. The people I work with are nice and friendly. I remember on my first day, all my co-workers helped me and did not put pressure on me. They taught me everything very well. People in the company are easy to get along with. The employees, supervisors, managers, etc. Overall, the workplace is productive and fun!
Undervalued and Underpaid
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
I've only worked for this company for a couple of months. I wake super early in the morning but we don't get compensated for that. The opening shift is 4:45am but even those people don't get night differential and most of the time they run late cause they have to get the keys from managers who are also running late. Co-workers are great although there are a few who spreads bad rumours. We work really hard to make sure we give the best customer service and yet we don't get recognition for that. They're motto is First Class everything yet they want us to leave our team behind even when it's super busy to go on break on the busiest hours of the day. When managers cover our breaks they don't have a clue on what to do.. They ask for the easy locations to take over instead of trying to learn what we're doing. So yeah this is a fun company.
Pros
Great co-workers with the exception of few
Cons
Early Morning(No Night Differential), minimum wage, no actual trainer, head managers are unappreciative and close-minded, favouritism
No appreciation
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
Target is unrealistic. Nobody is happy here because your hard work will never get appreciated. Staff is just here to bring money for the company and never get treat as a human being with respect. Barely any training is given. Staff could be fired if they're below target. Management always give attitude to fellow staff. Management expects a lot, and staff don't get pay enough for doing all these.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, low wage
Hard work but worth it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sidney, BC31 August 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Great management. She is always consistent and fair. Has high expectations but they never change. Great place for advancement and progress. All you to do is work hardand be a team player with your coworkers and it's super enjoyable!!
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Atlanta head office knows nothing about Canadian market.
Company has treated me well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
A very busy atmosphere, company treats employees well, work schedule is flexible.
Hardest part of the job is the customers sometimes as not all are happy, have to deal with tired travellers
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2017
A typical day at work would be serving customers, restocking items.
I learned how to open and close the till.
Fun environment to work in.
Hardest part was getting used to closing a store.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Its such a bad place to work bad management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 July 2017
This company is horrible the manager is lazy and put all the work that he supposed to do to his worker's. Bad in communication. Aggresive to his workers specially the one in saskatoon airport. Manager doesn't show up to work when he supposed to. The communication in this workplace horrible. The manager talks behind you're back to the other workers. Un proffesional. Saskatoon airport branch is a bad place to work. You will not be appreciated. The sales goal of this company is unreal. For minimum wage job you will be working hard and work in different hours. (When your part time) they want you to work what they want you too even if you are not available. Don't work here!
Pros
Quiet branch
Cons
Bad management
Poor management, horrible treatment of employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
Store was often out of stock of major items
Damaged or out of date devices are commonly used as customer demo models when trying to sell and up to date unit
Schedule was often set with very short notice and no regard for employees requested time off
Staff are promised commission based on hitting targets, but before targets are hit management will raise the targets to avoid paying.
This is often defended by management as 'providing incorrect targets', as if that makes it ok to take away staff commission.
Store is kept in general disrepair with cabinet doors falling off and security locks for drawers are held on with packing tape
Staff must park 20 mins away in over flow parking
You will be given 4 training shifts as a new hire then left in the store on your own for every shift after that.
Staff will be fired if they question or try to make improvements to any of the above.
Do not leave personal items at the store, if/when you are let go security will not let you retrieve them and management has a policy of immediately blocking the number of any staff member they no long have a use for.
Pros
None, this job offers nothing that reputable any other employer would
Cons
Poor management, sales staff suffer from kids running the store for their first time, will prevent access to personal belongings
welcoming pharmacy
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC23 March 2017
They prioritzed customer service. They will always try to accomodate their customers. Such a very team -spirited staffs. The pharmacists as well are very helpful & efficients
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Limited staffs
Fun workplace but problem with management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2017
Typical Day will be completing picksheet for products you need from warehouse, opening the store and interact with customers. It' s always great to interact with passengers and airport staff. However, pay is way too low when you starts with minimum and YYZ starts with $12.5 plus $6 transit subsidy and YOW get nothing for transit subsidy. Management works in the basement and put out unrealistic policy and schedule, lack of communication between GM and fellow employee. And it doesn't really matter if you work hard or not. You can work extremely hard and ends up getting the same thing as the lazy people. Many things need to be fixed but management decided not to invest any budget on those things and ends up leaving us screwed. Needs communication and we deserve better treatment.
worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 January 2017
This is the worst place ever to work. The interviewing manager is the worst manager ever. It's a waste of time. Don't go for it . They make you work so hard.
Pros
In the airport
Cons
long hours, not nice manager
Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 December 2016
Considering the amount of work that has to be done the pay is not worth it. There is a lack of communication from management and they lead by harassment. It's a very unhealthy environment to be in.
Pros
Planes
Cons
Stress