Paradies Lagardere

Paradies Lagardere Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Robotic
They didn’t care about you as a person it as all about them and pushing the gears for their next position . Pushy and forthright. Treated like a child.
The best job ever
Working for this company was the best thing that has ever happened to me. The manager is kind, supportive, and understanding. The team at this branch had the best people I have ever met. I miss going to work at this branch. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a first job because, you meet many great people working at the Victoria branch.
Always short of staff.
Always short of staff. They were pulling employees from store to other stores to give a break and a to cover up called in sick all the time. Because, of that reason employee has to work fast to meet the target. Not healthy to employees.
very bad management
they pick and chooses who they like, they don't pay you the right amount so you well have to watch your pay stub, evening hours are nice but morning shifts start around 3am.
GM’s listen to managers but managers are super sensitive to the point that the GM will talk to employees instead of the manager. The company that every week new staff because people quit.
Interesting place to work
The company is good to work for. I worked at an airport within the company's many retail locations. I enjoyed it for the time I worked there, however it is a job with no proper scheduling/hours given. Sometimes it is not as busy, so hours were cut to make up for all the employees.
Pros
Free lunch, sometimes.
Cons
Unorganized hours
Good short term
Their management is the worst I’ve encountered. Poor COMMUNICATION, no acknowledgement for anything, no advancement, only sees mistakes. Your opinion is not taken well if it doesn’t suit them. No one replies to your inquiries (emails).

Benefits are okay, minimum wage even if you’ve been with them for a long time, wants you to do more but never provide the tools needed.

Training is not the best.

It’s tolerable because you have a lot of nice people to work with. If that works for you great if not then think again.
Pros
It’s YVR, great place to meet people
Cons
Lack of COMMUNICATION.
Lack of management and structure
Management is a mess. The manager will never show up in the store to see how you're doing, but will complain about all the little mistakes you do through supervisor. The manager will also unprofessionally talk behind the back of other coworkers with another supervisor in front of you.

Training is bare minimum, but they expect a perfect job. Full-timers will also complain that you don't do things properly just because you are doing "their" job better and faster.

Not flexible on hours and understaffed. Get ready to get promised X amount of hours per week, and end up with just a few hours under the excuse that you have no seniority.

The only positive part is the part-timers. They are some of the nicest people who actually make the time go by faster.
Pros
pay above minimum, part-time coworkers
Cons
lack of management, no structure, unflexible
Toxic environment
The management is horrible and the general manager encourages other managers to treat you horribly, do not go there unless you got no options. Stay away
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No room for advancement, you work by yourself all the time which can be boring, management is beyond horrible with treatments to the employees
A toxic environment
The only good things I can say about this company are my salary was decent and some of my team members were fantastic. Other than that it was

-A toxic environment.

-Basically on call 24/7.

-Terrible training program.

-The regional manager is thrives in creating gossip and hearsay.

-Majority of time was spent putting out fires.

Would not recommend anyone work there.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic
Great People, Fast Paced Work Environment
Although there was little to no room for advancement. The management team, as well as other team members were understanding, professional and all around a pleasure to work with.
Great co-workers, Management are beyond worst
One of the worst company out there to work for. I start at a little over minimum wage, and when the minimum wage adjusted, they just ignore it, and when you asked them about it they said it what you got now. Upper management constantly on your tail and request absolutely unreasonable thing.

Wage is may as well be minimum, in fact as of now it is minimum wage
Pros
Great co-worker, can meet alot of interesting people
Cons
Horrible upper management that constantly on your tail
Productive work place with a great environment
Work is self-managed and it requires a fast learning pace. I learned a lot about how to run a store and how to manage stocks and supplies for a day's worth. The environment is great and the workers are hard working and enjoyable to be around.
Management is a complete mess
This job would be tolerable if management wasn't so awful. You cannot call in sick since they are so understaffed (basically forcing you to come in) and the general managers are passive aggressive towards their employees. I have seen so many employees come and go within months of being hired. Coworkers make the shift by faster, but most times you are working alone in a store and cannot leave for whatever reason. Pay is minimum wage which is not right for the work you are required to do. Required to work on weekends and super early mornings so no more sleeping in. I would not recommend applying, stay away !!
Pros
coworkers, good hours
Cons
management is awful, minimum wage, no sick calls allowed
I love working here. the whole place is like a family to me.
The day gets busy depending on the number of flights during your shift. Job includes assisting customers, maintaining and replenishing stores. Best part is the people you get to work with.
So far a great place to work.
The job is retail. Sometimes its busy, sometimes its quiet. You have to look for things to keep busy when there aren't any customers. Its a good place to work if you want to be on your own. Its fair expectations.
Pros
get lots of hours
Cons
staff that call off shift, don't come in to work
Not worth it
Don't work here. The managment at Ottawa location is terrible. Most of time you are standing around doing nothing. For what you are paid managment demands way too much of you. No benefits. Supervisors aren't helpful at all. And you are written up for basically breathing.
Pros
Working at airport
Cons
The time you are working
Fun workplace
Working in the airport is fun. You always meet new people everyday which is cool. The people I work with are nice and friendly. I remember on my first day, all my co-workers helped me and did not put pressure on me. They taught me everything very well. People in the company are easy to get along with. The employees, supervisors, managers, etc. Overall, the workplace is productive and fun!
Undervalued and Underpaid
I've only worked for this company for a couple of months. I wake super early in the morning but we don't get compensated for that. The opening shift is 4:45am but even those people don't get night differential and most of the time they run late cause they have to get the keys from managers who are also running late. Co-workers are great although there are a few who spreads bad rumours. We work really hard to make sure we give the best customer service and yet we don't get recognition for that. They're motto is First Class everything yet they want us to leave our team behind even when it's super busy to go on break on the busiest hours of the day. When managers cover our breaks they don't have a clue on what to do.. They ask for the easy locations to take over instead of trying to learn what we're doing. So yeah this is a fun company.
Pros
Great co-workers with the exception of few
Cons
Early Morning(No Night Differential), minimum wage, no actual trainer, head managers are unappreciative and close-minded, favouritism
No appreciation
Target is unrealistic. Nobody is happy here because your hard work will never get appreciated. Staff is just here to bring money for the company and never get treat as a human being with respect. Barely any training is given. Staff could be fired if they're below target. Management always give attitude to fellow staff. Management expects a lot, and staff don't get pay enough for doing all these.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, low wage
Hard work but worth it
Enjoyable place to work. Great management. She is always consistent and fair. Has high expectations but they never change. Great place for advancement and progress. All you to do is work hardand be a team player with your coworkers and it's super enjoyable!!
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Atlanta head office knows nothing about Canadian market.