Para Space Landscaping Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow professionally
Level 1 Mentoring Supervisor (Former Employee) –  throughout the lower mainland25 October 2018
I worked at Para Space Landscaping for 19 years. It has been the only landscaping company I have worked for. They are extremely committed to training and education at all levels. The company has won many awards over the years and prides itself on people development and innovation while maintaining very high standards. I witnessed many positive changes over the years I worked there. There is lots of room for advancement if you are willing to work and put in the effort. They are committed to overall excellence in everything they do. I believe it is definitely the best landscaping company to work in the lower mainland.
Pros
Great environment, Great people, High standards, Lots of room for advancement, variety of company events and giveaways
Cons
Occasional paperwork at home
Fast paced, high performance team that actually cares about its employees
Plant Health Care Managing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 August 2018
I've worked at Para Space for 2.5 years, and in that short time I've climbed from laborer to pre-management, and nearly doubled my pay grade. If you are willing to put in the effort with Para Space, they will open whatever doors you want to go through. I've learned a ton about horticulture, leadership and productivity and have found a career path long term.

My favourite part of working here though, is the people and culture. I came from jobs where you were treated as just another expendable body, to a workplace that genuinely cares about the people they employ. They're seriously invested in your professional and personal development. Everyone is challenged to be a better than they were yesterday. I've felt you can talk to your peers/supervisors/managers about anything going on in your life, and someone is always there to listen.

There's company-wide events throughout the year like bowling, go-karting, golf, family picnics, hockey/football pools, professional development days, pumpkin carving, community outreach days and photo contests. There's benefits and a group RRSP. The workplace safety program is one of the best in the industry.

The work is physical and very fast paced, but if you can keep up, you'll be rewarded very well. If you enjoy a challenge and want to climb ranks quickly, this company is for you.
Pros
In-house and outside education, genuine care for employee well-being, safety driven, year-round employment, benefits
Hard Working Environment with Great Opportunity to Grow
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2018
I work as a Job Developer for an employment agency that has partnered with Para Space with 7 of our participants. They pay above competitor's pay. They do expect a lot from their employees, but they get rewarded back. All of our participants agreed that they felt they were given a lot of support in terms of how to improve, training, and opportunities to advance.

Biggest take away I have from working with Para Space is that if you work hard, and have a positive attitude, you can quickly get recognized for your potential and assets.

This place is very performance based, and less seniority based, so if you're looking to grow in a company, this is a great fit if you have a hard work ethic and are self-motivated.
Pros
Good pay; stat holidays off, year round hires (as opposed to seasonal)
Cons
Can be fast paced
A great company to learn about high quality landscaping!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
An awesome company to work for as a first time landscaping job AND as an experienced landscaper. Lots of room for advancement, tons of opportunity to gain further knowledge and certifications, tons of work all year round and throughout the city. Always have work available rain or shine!
Pros
Seminars, benefits, good wages, room for advancement
Cons
Fast paced (which can be hard for some people), lots of sites to get done while keeping a high standard
Great place to work if you like active, physical work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
Worked for paraspace over a few summers and moved up from labourer to supervisor quickly. If you are willing to put in the time to attend their education seminars you will move up both in terms of salary and responsibility rapidly.
They have high expectations in terms of speed and quality of service, but they are reasonable for a competent worker.
Pros
Educational seminars, work events, free stuff, active work, working outside, good managers and supervisors
Cons
Working in the rain
Great place to work!
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2018
Staff are friendly and helpful...nice team atmosphere. The work is enjoyable and I loved going home at the end of the day feeling good about the quality and quantity of work we accomplished together. Would definitely recommend working here to friends and family if I think they would enjoy landscaping.
Pros
Great people, very professional, clear expectations, well maintained equipment and trucks, awesome perks and education, loads of opportunity to advance, frequent feedback to let me know how I’m doing aimed at helping me be my best, very safe work environment
Cons
Communication from management is good but it could still be better, some info about why we are making a change isn’t always communicated effectively
Terrible
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 January 2018
Quantity over Quality. Time expectations to complete job tasks are unrealistic. Jeopardizing the quality of work to move onto the next contract. Managed by young adults who abuse their position of power. Negative review reports are given daily.
Pros
education programs
Cons
everything
Rewarding work with great people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2018
If you have no experience they will still hire you!! Everyone is so friendly at this company it is unbelievable. Lots of staff are friends outside of work and since we work in teams it is nice working with good people. They have a career path laid out so it isn’t seniority based, if you work hard you get rewarded and promoted!! They also take care of their staff, I love the events and who doesn’t like free tickets for hockey games???? I just really like how there’s so much opportunity for growth. It’s nice to see how Para space cares for the industry not just their company. Landscaping is more than just physical work it is a science and there’s so much to learn and I like learning about different plants and all.. it’s a cool place
Pros
Events, promotions, training, friendly staff, rewarding work
Cons
Physical work, sometimes the rain
Great place to work if you like to be challenged
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 November 2017
Para Space is easily the best landscaping company in B.C. to work for. No other company even comes close to providing the employment stability, training, education, safety and opportunities for advancement. The wages are competitive, though I have seen a few higher and I’ve seen many lower in the industry. They do spend a lot of money on taking care of their team in other ways though like giving out swag, paying for education, having well maintained trucks and equipment and holding fun events. Increases are based on performance and taking on more responsibility, so if you’re lazy and not a high performer, don’t bother applying. They invest heavily in their people and the culture is quite good for the most part. Rotten apples are usually weeded out quickly. I felt compelled to write this review upon seeing the other reviews. Unlike many companies, they pay OT and the nonsense about not getting a final cheque is total BS. Anyone who knows how employment standards works would see through that review. It seems like every company around is trying to minic PS and those who don’t cut it there are green with envy. Haters gonna hate!
Too much drama
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 June 2017
They start you at around $15 an hour, when the average in Vancouver is $19. They pay the supervisors the wage of general laborers that other companies pay. Too much drama in upper management. I left along with a supervisor and a couple of co-workers. I didn't get my final check, I had to go to the Ministry of Labor and they told me that Para Space INC wasn't cooperating with them either. I got screwed on my last check. The management there is unprofessional.
Cons
Unprofessional management
okay
Landscape technician (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC6 June 2017
this company advances fast if you are willing. is great for the summer. winter and fall time is messy and cold but expected. sometimes they expect too much. comes with the job
not fun
Maintenance and Installation Worker (Former Employee) –  vancouver bc18 August 2015
this place was alight money but an absolute gong show, i would never recommend this place. all of us workers felt like we were working for unreasonable employers
Pros
company events
Cons
absolutely everything
Good people in company with bad managment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  GVRD8 May 2014
You can tell that the individual supervisors enjoy what they do and attempt to make employee's lives better but the upper management have no interest in that, only profits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Para Space Landscaping. Our community is ready to answer.