PaperWorks

PaperWorks Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
The expectations of my work changed on a day to day basis. Some days I was expected to work extremely fast, and on other days I was told to slow down my work because it was to fast...overall it was very confusing on what they wanted me to do and how much work they wanted me to produce in any given day.
You can get top rate fairly quickly. However top rate is what you start at working other places. Very disorganized. Terrible training, they make you figure it out yourself. Management, supervisors and lead hands have all checked out and simply do not care. Avoid this place if you can help it.
Pros
Benefits are decent, and there's a pension
Cons
People, shift work, the company, wages
If you like being moved around all day to cover breaks and Fill the vacant holes cause the amount of call ins this is the place for you. You will be told lies all the time HR is king of that act nice and then write you up cause what they do, always play the fear tactic game. My suggestion is don’t work for these guys period you will thank me.
Respect your hard working and experienced employees. They are what make your business what it is. Most people are overworked & underpaid (especially the QA technicians) and the company lacks general planning and overall organization which adds to work stress and chaos that is placed on your employees
Pros
Cons
long 12hr shifts; under appreciated
• To inspect all printed materials for any defects/ and or contaminates that may have occured during production process

• operate pallet stacker regularly to stack skids in warehouse

• Later moved to lab assistant filing, organizing, labelling , testing ,clerical duties
Management doesn't follow their own rules .. If u wanna work there, you better hope your supervisor and HR love you or you will have no chance of promotion. The people who work on the floor are great tho.
Work orders and projects. I learnt how carton packaging was made from the beginning of printing through die cut and folding and glueing.
The place was a fun place to work and learn and the people were great.

The hardest part of the day was the fatigue from often staying longer after my shift to do overtime but it was nice to see different people on different shifts.
Pros
Cons
dusty environment
It was a great place and would have loved to stay. But with the company moving their business this was not possible.
We had a lot of fun and with the opportunity to have work and life balance. I enjoyed the people I worked with a lot and will miss the way we were able to work hard and have fun at the same time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
There were not a lot of perks
Work was fun no hassles or problems and the environment overall was safe. I enjoyed the job and the people there and learnt a lot from the workers who worked there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PaperWorks?
Nice place to work, too bad it had to move in Ontario.

Belle endroit ou travailler, dommage que la compagnie déménage en Ontario.
Good company to work for unfortunately plant will be closing in 2016.
GM and Plant manager knowledgeable fail and resourceful. Started as Process Manager, Moved to Production and then to department head.

Start early finish in good time and constantly busy. Just recently have swung over to Six Sigma lean and 5S. Great staff
Pros
Good staff close to home
Cons
Plant closing in 2016

fermeture de l'entrprise
Pros
bonne equipe
Cons
fermee
Lack of training in continuous improvement.
Work schedule not a good fit to follow production.

Culture change has to be changed