Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
The manager at the time I worked there was wonderful. The company itself puts alot pressure on manager and staff which takes enjoyment away from the job.
was fun, met lots of people, made some friends.
learned about dough, pizza, how to make and prep toppings, learned how to inventory, order new items run a schedule.
Working for papa Murphy's is a fun experience so long as you make the best of it. It's hard to mess up and easy to learn. It's a very good job for someone with no prior work experience.
Pros
Deals and discounts for friends and family
Cons
Working for too long can make your back sore from being bent over a counter
Great first introduction to the job market and great store manager.
Shifts were flexible and I learned a lot about the pizza industry and marketing strategies.
It was honest work,
Overall the work was good, you didn't drive yourself into the ground nor felt you did nothing, The workload was fair.

The management was too much of a coin-flip. I felt no security there.
I have been working at Papa Murphy’s got the past 13 years. The workplace culture has been amazing for all these years even with change in management. This location is closing which is why I am looking for a new job.
A typical day is taking customers orders and processing the transaction if you are on till. If you are not on till you can expect to be putting toppings on pizza and following the guided measurements for the pizzas. You can also expect to answer phone calls for pizza orders.
I learned how to use a industrial cheese grater and how to sheet pizza dough.

Management was very friendly and hand on, they were always checking in to make sure thing were running smoothly.

The hardest part of the job was lifting some of the equipment so we can could clean it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was sampling new pizzas so we could tell customers about the flavor and make recommendations.
Pros
Would sometimes get free pizza or deserts
Cons
very short shifts
Not a very nice environment to work in, little to no training from staff or management since never there on site.

as well as very dysfunctional team with no organizational skills
Enjoyable job, minimal stress. Fun to interact with guests, easy to recognize repeat customers. Can get hectic on certain days, but overall not a difficult job.
Pros
No late nights or early mornings
This was my first managerial position and I learned a lot through this company that I am greatful for. the stores in my area were closed after 2 years but was a great first employment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Papa Murphy's?
A great place to work! Manager, as well as owner, take great care in their employees. A typical day consists of helping customers and preparing pizzas to their specifications. Everyone follows a daily list that helps us get everything done that we need to get done. I've learned many skills with prep work that has helped me in my everyday life at home.
Pros
Discount of food, learning environment, friendly staff
Cons
Very little room for a raise
Loved working here and I would honestly recommend it to anyone
Great food and great team work

Decent breaks and u get a free pizza to take home when u start

U get the day off on ur birthday
Pros
Flexable hrs
Cons
They throw away alot of food at the end of the night
Both owners made me feel very unsafe. They also had horrible hygiene and did not wash their hands before handling food. I learned that many customers were unimpressed with their behaviour. I felt very uncomfortable in this workplace, some coworkers did not make me feel welcome at all. The hardest part of this job was having my boss learn how to operate machinery while he was trying to teach me.
Cons
No break.
Very unappealing place to work, the management often brought theyre own family issues to work which caused poor store moral. Poor hours and break shifts, very poor management.
Pros
Good customers.
Cons
Poor Management, Poor hours, Poor break schedules, poor wages.
had a good 6 years there, fun place too work
learned alot of different skills, became a mom so i had to take a leave

overall awesome time working there
Papa Murphy's was a fun, friendly, and organized place to work. I got great customer service and sales experience while I worked there and the management was great. It was nice being able to serve customers healthy, real ingredients and be honest about the high quality of the ingredients. I've worked at some food places/restaurants that did not follow health or cleanliness rules that I would not eat at if I was not currently working or once I quit. Papa Murphy's was not one of those places, it was always clean and safe!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Papa Murphy's was an awful place to work. They refused to pay me so I had to contact employment standards in order to get any pay cheques. They treated me like I was a five year old who did not understand English and were generally very rude.
Making mock pizza's
Customer service

Was willing to teach me new things

Had fun at work without being vulgar

Had to leave the work force with them due to bullying
Pros
smiling faces, and there was always something to do there, got to eat the pizza that was up in the sample cart
Cons
short shifts that were only on the feet
This was a great environment to work in. The owners were very kind and understanding of any work conflicts related to family/personal life.
Pros
great environment
Cons
the hours were not great
Papa Murphie's had a great job atmosphere. We had to multitask many times due to how busy it got but we worked great as a team. Every day I had a new task (cashier, pizza maker or closing the store) I enjoyed all of them.
AMAZING owners/managers. Flexible schedule, fun fast paced workplace, learn new things everyday, meet new people etc.