Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 2,068 reviews
Fun work enviroment
Morning prep (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 November 2018
Enjoyable job, minimal stress. Fun to interact with guests, easy to recognize repeat customers. Can get hectic on certain days, but overall not a difficult job.
Pros
No late nights or early mornings
Good vibes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 July 2018
Loved working here and I would honestly recommend it to anyone
Great food and great team work
Decent breaks and u get a free pizza to take home when u start
U get the day off on ur birthday
Pros
Flexable hrs
Cons
They throw away alot of food at the end of the night
Unproductive work place.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
Both owners made me feel very unsafe. They also had horrible hygiene and did not wash their hands before handling food. I learned that many customers were unimpressed with their behaviour. I felt very uncomfortable in this workplace, some coworkers did not make me feel welcome at all. The hardest part of this job was having my boss learn how to operate machinery while he was trying to teach me.
Cons
No break.
Poorly managed by a family business.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 April 2018
Very unappealing place to work, the management often brought theyre own family issues to work which caused poor store moral. Poor hours and break shifts, very poor management.
Pros
Good customers.
Cons
Poor Management, Poor hours, Poor break schedules, poor wages.
decent place to work
Pizza Maker/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC13 March 2018
had a good 6 years there, fun place too work
learned alot of different skills, became a mom so i had to take a leave
overall awesome time working there
Productive and Friendly Work place
Prep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 November 2017
Papa Murphy's was a fun, friendly, and organized place to work. I got great customer service and sales experience while I worked there and the management was great. It was nice being able to serve customers healthy, real ingredients and be honest about the high quality of the ingredients. I've worked at some food places/restaurants that did not follow health or cleanliness rules that I would not eat at if I was not currently working or once I quit. Papa Murphy's was not one of those places, it was always clean and safe!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
The worst employers to date
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 July 2017
Papa Murphy's was an awful place to work. They refused to pay me so I had to contact employment standards in order to get any pay cheques. They treated me like I was a five year old who did not understand English and were generally very rude.
Was a really fun, fast-paced working environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC8 May 2017
Making mock pizza's
Customer service
Was willing to teach me new things
Had fun at work without being vulgar
Had to leave the work force with them due to bullying
Pros
smiling faces, and there was always something to do there, got to eat the pizza that was up in the sample cart
Cons
short shifts that were only on the feet
welcoming and open minded environment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
This was a great environment to work in. The owners were very kind and understanding of any work conflicts related to family/personal life.
Pros
great environment
Cons
the hours were not great
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 November 2016
Papa Murphie's had a great job atmosphere. We had to multitask many times due to how busy it got but we worked great as a team. Every day I had a new task (cashier, pizza maker or closing the store) I enjoyed all of them.
Not recommended...
Cashier/Food Handling Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2015
I was watched like a hawk 24/7 because of the lack of business this business received. Every task I was given was pedantic...it was a joke... I was treated very disrespectfully as well...overall I wouldn't recommend working here unless you are willing to do anything to make some money...warning: you may be given 2.5hr long shifts, because I know I was.
Good job for one with little experience
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2014
A typical day on the job would be making pizzas, prepping for the rush, and cleaning up. I have learned that it is critical to have a positive attitude towards costumers, and co-workers. The co-workers are always nice, easy to get along with, and friendly towards the costumers at all times. The management was incredible when I first started working there, but as new management came in, it was not the best environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations you get to have with the costumers and staff.
Pros
Employee discount
New management took over
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 January 2014
A typical day is assembling pizzas and handling cash.
I learnt how to make a pizza!
Management changed when I was there, but I can not speak for the current management.
CO-workers were always very friendly.
The hardest part of the job was the downtime
The most enjoyable was the discount
alright work enviroment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC7 August 2013
leanred alot about how to make pizza's and make there dessert's they.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Favourtism
Productive constant work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 May 2013
Making peoples pizza and keeping a well cleaned work space area.
Pros
Worked with good people
Cons
N/a
Productive, fast pace and FUN
Pizza Maker / Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 April 2013
I got to work and depending on what I was schedualed for I would work cash, make pizza's, answer calls and wash dishs. I learned how to work in a real part time job. The manegment was awesome, I got along with manegmant well. My co-workers were always helpful and suportive as I worked. The hardest pat of the job were the VERY hungry customers on fridays(fridays were very packed) and the most enjoyable part working at the job were the co-workers (manegment and all)
Pros
discount off pizza's
Cons
the store was far away from my school
Unfair Workplace, Easy Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2013
The job is easy enough, there's not much to it. Make pizza, wrap pizza, give pizza. But I find that, because, I'm on the younger spectrum of our employees, I do not get a fair amount of hours. Because of my job title, cashier, they only work me on weekends for short 3-4 hour shifts, which for a high school student of a single mother whom is trying to save up for a car and university, it's not cutting it. The main reason I've started applying for a secondary job, even at the age of sixteen, almost seventeen. I do not get any benefits or holidays, and neither do any of the other employees. Unless you're available everyday all day and old enough to operate the machinery, you are not valued as an employee at all.
Pros
friendly employees, close to home, easily accesible
Cons
very disorganized, unfair hours
I really have enjoyed my time at my current job, but it is time to seek something new.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, B.C.26 November 2012
A typical day is usually going an entire shift with only a few moments to relax, as there always seems to be something to do whether it is in the morning or night. I have increased my knowledge of what it means to excel in customer service and that sometimes you have to bend over backwards to make someone happy and in the end it is worth it. Management has always been good and I enjoy getting along with my boss. The attmosphere is always very friendly and even during the very busy times everyone gets along and the job gets done. The hardest part is occasionally working alone for opening shifts. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the co-workers, and the fact that I'm working with pizza.
Pros
having a discount on pizza
Cons
not having offical breaks.