Papa John's
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 241 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,429 reviews

Well rounded and interesting

They work hard to balance personalities of staff, making it an interesting and fun place to work. I’ve been here for awhile now and genuinely enjoy my job and look forward to my shifts.

Stressful and frustrating

It was a really bad experience working at papa John’s, they don’t treat their employees fairly. Moreover they give hours and when there’s no work they will tell to leave. Also they didn’t pay for my training weeks. They told that they will give after 3 months but they didn’t.

Pros

Cons

More work

Great step stone job

Good place to get customer service experience. Low base pay, commission & tips better on evening and weekends. Good Part-time or extra money job. Good luck.

Pros

Employee food, discounts, sometimes get freebees

Cons

Late hours, ware & tare on you Vehicle. Pay varies days to day shift to shift.

Experience Depends on Location

At my location, we had the most AMAZING manager/supervisor. He was very flexible with our schedule, would always check up on us, it felt like he was a friend to me and my coworkers. It felt more like a family rather than work. But then the owners changed...and so did the work environment. They started cheaping out on our hours, and would often ask me to leave early. It seemed that they cared more about money rather than the actual shop. For that reason, I left. If the owners never changed, I would've stayed for longer. Also a note, it gets VERY hot during the warmer seasons. I would spend most of my break in the walk-in fridge haha.

Pros

Free pizza for mistake pizzas and 50% store discount

Cons

Standing for almost whole shift, sore back/feet

Good place

Was always fun to be in there. Busy and fast at times but slow at other. Owners never fail to try and make it decent though. Really bonded with them and happy they were such good people. Sad I had to go.

Pros

Free pizza!

Good job

Staff are wonderful to work with, customers were always very happy to have someone help them right away. I couldn’t really say anything bad about working there. The staff and community are wonderful

Pros

15 minute breaks and 50%

Cons

Pay and hours cut drastically

Worst Experience ever

They only care about their work placw. They are never ready to understand an employee. Manager is partial and helps only to his kind of people. They promise you hours and good salary and good environment but they never do so. THEY NEVER EVER PAY ON TIME. They describe less responsiblities for your role but when time comes, they pour so much onto you and never care of the stress you go through. Rather they call and beg you to come and blame you if you don't go for work even if you are sick!! But they won't pick your calm when you need your pay or any sort of help.

Could be a great business

Unfortunately the management has not a clue what they are doing and are super disorganized. The work place is messy and unprofessional. Rotting food is left around in the cooler and management desk... while under current management I would not recommend working here. Hopefully the owner rethinks his choice.

No work life balance and lots of work pressure

There was no work life balance. They were never encouraging and always micro-managed all the people at the store by watching them everywhere from there camera at home. They were never helpful and always discrimating. Always used to discourage and make people always feel bad about their work. Always finding a reason to fire people. Not a good place to work at all. I will never suggest anyone to work in such orgamization.

Cons

No break time even after working for 11 hour shift

Good

Excellent job make pizzas for customers on time and put exact toppings on pizza ,pizza look in good way . The safety and the perfection of pizza . The best thing is we attached with new people and got knowledge of so many new things.

Pros

Good hours and pay

Cons

Drunk customers

Jobs at Papa John's

See more jobs

Management is bad.

You can't even keep out of the drama you just get sucked into it.. Delivery is slow schedules are mismanaged. Stay away. The job involves as it is....

Pros

Cash

fun workplace

i love to work there. my time get passed easily. the environment over there is good. moreover, the salary benefits are so good. a person can easily afford to live in city.

dead end job

No room for advancement, bad pay for the amount of stress you deal with. The point of sales system is garbage and the management system is crazy disorganized

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Everything rlse

Very comfortable place to work at, productive and fair hours

I have been working here for about 1 year now and I truly enjoy my work and the new experiences that I am learning from it. The work can be fast-paced at times but I think it is worth the stress.

good

Very easy going people and very flexible hourse. The environmant to work was very delightful and made it a very joyful place to go to work to. I reccomend working there.

food production

Working at Papa John's was great, it was my first job back in high school. I still lived at home therefor for me at the time hourly pay was great. It gave me my first work experience and the employees including management were always so helpful and supportive!

Work culture is absolutely horrible

There is way to much drama, the managers have no idea what they’re doing most of the time and are too focused on workplace drama and fraternizing with employees. Pay is less then comparable to other delivery jobs and they don’t care about their employees unless they’re part of the family. Watched people get fired over drama while the manager that was involved got protected because they are family. It’s thankless work and the pay and job environment are horrible

stressful working environment

was not fun to work at but you do what you need to do to make ends meet.character filling, on a day a word was said to no a be a said no please like i said no

Good working feild

I am working from almost a year and it is great experience working there. It is a well known pizza resturant brand. I enjoy working there, it is an great experience

Fast paced and stressful

The job was very stressful and they make you work under pressure. It was very bad on my mental health working full time. The management and training wasn't very good. The only good thing was that the workers all felt like a family.

My favourite job

I've worked in plenty places but this was by far my favourite, great staff and management and was a well paced work enviroment, the management could use some work at the time mind you it was 2015 I'm sure times have changed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3K