Papa John's Employee Reviews

Emphasis on TEAM
In-Store Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
At the location I worked at, the manager emphasized teamwork and communication. This allowed us to work effectively and collaboratively. I definitely recommend this position for young students, as the manager is very flexible and understanding. It's a positive environment to work in.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
Minimal hours for part-timers
Fast pace and productive.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 March 2018
This is a fast pace work environment with a great support staff that is always looking to keep each other happy. We laugh when we have down time and always make sure to keep things clean and able to taste new products.
Pros
Half off food, Friendly Environment
I was glad to have this job
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
papa john's is perfect place for learning and doing further job. A well maintained firm and i love to doing job there.It always has a excellent workers and delicious pizzas.
Don’t do it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 February 2018
Not worth being a delivery driver (you need a certain type of car insurance), place I worked at gave me $30 a day and I had to sit in the building from 11-7 for 6 days and 3-7 on the other day and if I decided to go home or go shopping or whatever and be on call I wouldn’t get the $30, when the rush hit it was ok (still not worth it) would be better if company supplied the delivery vehicles then it would be worth your time
Pros
Cons
Everything pretty well
Good Humans but High Stress
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 February 2018
While it is a fun environment with great people, it is a stressful, fast-paced job with no benefits. There is no break room for employees, and there are no scheduled breaks. Management generally works well with the instores and drivers, however a typical day at the workplace will most likely include yelling.
Not enough hours.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 February 2018
Preference of hours given to management. Inside sales staff are very friendly and personable. Trainer in Kingston is very understanding, helpful and professional.
Terrible Managment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 January 2018
I went through 5 general Managers in my year and a half employment run. Not a stable work environment, no Scheduled brakes what so ever, and most employees I've worked with most of the time extremely lazy, with terrible work ethics.
flexible hours
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON17 January 2018
Company didn't keep proper cleaning supplies in stock for me to maintain clean store
Company doesn't have a proper structure in place for who does what job.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Bad managment
Not the worst place to work, definitely not the best.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 December 2017
Although there were many opportunities to advance, the people who make such decisions are more likely to give it to a friend or family member over someone with experience, as was the problem which led to my leaving a position in management. The owner hired his sister who refused to do any actual work and this was common knowledge, and the higher-ups refused to intervene for the good of the restaurant, even after they started losing money due to her "customer service". Their store is now failing, and she still works there. As a company they don't seem to care if you win or lose because they got paid their franchise fees.
Dull Workplace with Managers who treat Workers bad.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 November 2017
The Work Place is dirty and badly kept. The Managers don't train the workers properly and them blame them if they make mistakes.Payment is not given on time. It's a dull place to work.
lots of work but not so awesome pay
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 November 2017
typically I would come in the morning and do pre-slap/ making orders/prep for the day while running the store by myself. the biggest problem was not getting any days off.
bad work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 November 2017
not a healthy work environment, there was yelling at staff from the manager almost every time i worked and i worked part time and didn't want to go to work.
Tha ks
CUSTOMER SERVICE - CASHIER - PIZZA MAKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
It was wonderful to say the least... On top of that the food is great, they have great prices and the customers that came in to my particular store loved the service.
We always tried to make everyone feel at home. It was like a big family! Loved working here!
Friendly enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
Nice and small restaurant to run, and the staff members were great to work with.
A typical day would be opening up the restaurant and setting up the appropriate items for the day-to-day business.
As a store manager, it was my duty to manage and train new staff. It was a great experience and made strong growth on my part.
Great entry level job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2017
Great for students as the hours are flexible. Friendly staff and management. Typical day includes making pizzas and making deliveries in a timely manner.
Job of part time
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  1233 Lynn Valley Rd #119, North Vancouver13 September 2017
I worked at Papa John's as a driver, we need to prepare everyday topping before the store open.
Working at Papa John's isn't some kind of high skill work.
You can easily fit in the job position.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Great place to work, not a lot of room for advancement. learn about all the product that papa johns has to offer. learn how to manage store employees and delivery drivers
Pros
staff pizza
Cons
low pay
extremely busy
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
I usually worked between 4.30-8.30pm on every weekend evening. The pizza shop became really busy from 5 pm till my shift was off.
I learned how to work effectivity under large pressure and still smile to customers and patience even though I'm really tired already.
The hardest part of this job is how to keep your brain clear without forgetting things under high pressure and also try not the get burnt by the oven.
The most enjoyable part is I can make the pizza I like, but not on the menu.
I planned still work in papa John after my summer vacation, but a large fire took the store away.
Pros
cheaper, free-style pizza
Cons
busy through my work hours
Terrible management
Instore (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 August 2017
Former employee in the Kamloops location. Managers are rude and strict and environment is unproffesional, terrible job. Would not reccomend anyone who wants to work in a calm and friendly environment.
Horrible managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 August 2017
former employee Kamloops location. The management is terrible.
upper managment gets in with the teens and calls people down
and treats everyone like there are stupid
Pros
customers
Cons
poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K