Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 147 reviews matching the search See all 8,315 reviews
Not the best experience
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 December 2018
It was not good for giving hours, and the pay was not great. The management was fairly lax in what they allowed, as long as the job got done. However, they became incredibly pushy with their expectations and were not conducive towards learning in a comfortable manner.
a fun work place
Pizza Maker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2018
papa johns is a good place to work at the employer is a fun boss your co workers like to joke around with you and at the end of your shift you can make a pizza and bring it home
Pros
make your own pizza to take home after your shift
Cons
45 minute drive from my place
They dont care about the workers
Supervisor/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2018
I was their for 4 years a shift manager for 3.5 years. Told them i wanted to move in 5 months to a new town and we found out theirs no papa their. So they took away my manager position took away ny hours. By the end of it i went from 35 to 10 hours. Almost homeless. They will cut u down if u try and do better for urself.
Pros
Their isnt any
Cons
Dont care about u.
Fun and happy to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
I want to stay longtern and friendly and always smile cuz i need to share to everybody and a have 5 kids need to be a good father love love family ty
Pros
Day or night
Cons
Fulltime
Productive and fun work place, and clean environment.
In-store Manger (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 November 2018
It was an enjoyable work place, clean and well kept work place, friendly staff, and fair management.I learned a lot about money handling, food handling and safety.
Pros
Free lunches to managers.
Cons
Not enough hours in-store.
Fun first job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON25 October 2018
Was a great experience to stretch and make pizza for papa johns. It was sad to leave but I am focusing on finishing all my mechanic apprenticeship hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not lot of hours
Great Boss
Delivery Driver/Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2018
had an amazing boss who was always there for his employees and very flexible while I was in college and also gave up shifts when someone needed money or was having a hard time.
3701 gaetz ave
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 October 2018
Papa John's is a great place to work and the owners are great people who are easy to talk with. i am very happy with the coworkers that i work with and they are happy with me
Pros
great team
Easy going
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK9 October 2018
My job at Papa Johns was fairly laid back, my job was to deliver orders throughout Moose Jaw and also to the 15 Wing. I was hired by Papa Johns but I also delivered for Joeys Urban and Espresso Joes. When I was not delivering I would typically be doing homework in the store waiting for my next delivery. It was very easy to manage work and school this way because my shifts were long but I was still able to do homework when I had the chance.
draining mentally abusive work environment
Everything (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2018
this job literally made me go mentally insane the pizza tastes good but the treatment from management made me feel like i was a worthless nobody that cant do anything myself
Pros
good supper
Cons
no compassion
Good job that comes with some issues
Instore Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2018
The manager refused to give paid training, does not give vacation pay, the cleanness of the establishment wasn't its best, the managers were nice and always asking to help which was nice.
One of my favorite jobs, and pizza.
Store front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2018
I really enjoyed this job. The management was incredible and super encouraging about ensuring you were comfortable and learned tasks at your own pace. By the end, I could create and cook customers orders at demand, make the pizza boxes, do orders in person and over the phone virtually at the same time, as well as clean as needed too. I was very nervous about answering customers over the phone, but the manager tested this by calling the store and had me answer it, myself not knowing it was him. Super encouraging! The pizza is also delicious. I love it more than any other pizza.
Mediocre work place
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 August 2018
Personally for me this was not the right job for me. One of the only perks is getting 50% off on all the food and drinks that were made there. Just not the right job for me.
Pros
discount
Cons
No breaks
It was a small fun work place close to home
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2018
hours were good and people were better. only worked there for a short time since i had to move back to Victoria but my time spent there was short but enjoyable.
Typical Workplace with many work to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 August 2018
I learned a lot from Papa Johns and I am willing to do better in the future if I get a job. I am currently a student and I did do mistakes but I am sure I can overcome them and work better if get this job.
Cons
Less communication with employees
Its fun to work and manageable.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2018
It's hard to be in operation as we dealt of everyone but if you ove your work and the your coworker are supportive and cooperative so that's the reason that our branch were excellent but not perfect. But we should not be affected with some issues from our customers.
Pros
We had a 50% discount of the pizza we order.
Cons
If no sale, we had to cut our time.
unprofessionial managment
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 July 2018
papa john's was a good first place to work at. although management at this location was not the best. hours were good, but would get asked to come in with no headsup
Companies should be run by mature, business oriented people, not teenagers.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 July 2018
As a delivery driver, I was paid cash under the table. $5 an hour, plus tips and delivery fees. I averaged $17-$20 an hour. Low stress job. Store is run by teenagers. Work environment is not healthy. Franchise owners dont care about their employees. Finally had enough and quit.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high turn over rate, bad managment
Ideal job if you like to make some cash and pizza
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 July 2018
Very stable job and would highly recommend it for people who like to work in a fast-paced environment.

Proud to say that the ingredients there are always fresh and the work area is very clean. Staff is very friendly and encouraging, making a busy day very fun and engaging.
Pros
Employee discount of menu items, encouraging management
Cons
A perfect place to learn/earn.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  1706 Dundas street west13 July 2018
Since I joined this company, I have learned the skills of working under pressure and how to give an excellent customer service.
I can handle any situation that may arise on the workplace.
Pros
Free Lunch on 8 hour Shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K