Papa John's

Canada261 reviews

Found 261 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,589 reviews
johnpizzadoughdeliverystoredriverfoodorder

In-store employee

You are assigned on a specific role but is expected to help other stations if there is nothing to do at your station. You can be in the front attending to customers then go to the Makeline to help make pizzas if there are no customers/phone calls/skipthedishes. It is crucial to be able to handle stress and pressure as the job is very fast paced. I love my working environment and my co-workers but there are times that newly hired people cannot live up to expectations due to the nature of the job. Multitasking and efficiency are a must. Great communication skill is also essential especially if the orders are modified, cancelled, etc. Although handling complaints are typically done by your manager or shift lead, you need to be able to handle complaints if the store is so busy. The hardest part of the job is having so many orders with few employees. There are days that every station has someone but there are also days wherein you have to handle multiple stations if you are only 3 people on shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is you are treated as a family!

Pros

Flexibility, free food (depends on the manager), sense of belonging, there are always something to do so you won't get bored

Cons

Minimum wage, owners can have unrealistic expectations

Laid-back most of the time

Was a driver and loved the freedom. Pay could be great some nights others could be very bad, but overall was great. Everyone tipped decent, and get to meet nice people. Don't regret delivering there.

Pros

Good money, laidback, friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes bad pay, not sustainable long term

Insights into Papa John's

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Nice company

Very Nice company to work with. Fair pay for employees. Very flexible on scheduling and easy to communicate with the staff and the store manager and store owners

great work colleagues

great work colleagues but job is stressful not helped by customers with serious attitude problems. If you get the right store owner this is a great job, in Kamloops not so much

It is very good place to do the job

When I started, the culture was entirely new form me. However, I got good support from the manager and staff. It is a perfect workplace atmosphere, and one can get overall development.

Fun place to work good management.

Good place to start out and get experience. Super nice management who is understanding and willing to help you advance there. It’s a fun job for a high school student who is looking to make some cash and meet new friends.

fast pace and stressful

good for temporary job and for those who dont mind working in a very busy environment .but if you do try to look for something you want in a long run

Good first job

It is a first good job for someone in or coming out of high school. The management is really dependent on your manager/boss. Food is usually 50% off..

Assistant Manager

Loved Working Here. Decent job, unlike any fast food place. Good for gaining customer service skill. Management is great. Owner was great. And the pizzas are amazing as well

Casual workplace

Production starts at 8am roughly and ends around noon. After production everyone has a job they need to finish before leaving. Cleaning/washing dishes/preparing dough for transport. You leave and clock out when you're finished. The pay wasn't great when I was there and you weren't rewarded for harder work (had co-workers who did not pull their weight).

Pros

Work-life balance, Casual work environment, days go by quick

Cons

Poor pay, no performance incentives, co-workers.

Underpaid and under appertained.

Where I work I do the most cleaning and Handel the most orders yet I still don’t get paid the most. When you make a mistake it’s the end of the world. Products are overpriced.

Pros

Free small one topping pizza

Cons

Long hours, negative environment, stressful environment.

You are easily replaced.

Little to no value for employees with expectations of hard work for minimal pay. If you excel and show great devotion to the company, expect small raises every 6 months to a year. They do give you room to grow in the company, as they do prefer to promote from within. But, if you refuse a management role, be prepared to find another source of employment as they will get rid of you one way or another so they can replace you with someone at starting wage. Other than poor management, there is potential for a mostly enjoyable employment as most teams are cooperatively focused.

It was okay

working as a driver was much better than working inside. working inside was harder work and it payed a bit less. I thought I would get a raise for completing certain training as it was outlined, but it never happened.

Place had too much drama an management was a joke

Everyone cared more about the drama or messing around to do the work which made my job much harder. Management was poorly ran an they barely did any of the work

Pros

Free food

Cons

Lack of hours

so stressful, rude customers, underpayment or late payment.

papa johns was one of my first jobs, it was definitely one of the worst ones. You have to deal with a lot of difficult customers. In my experience working here I would be underpaid, and they would never give me my cheque on time.

Pros

free pizza

Cons

bad pay

Well rounded and interesting

They work hard to balance personalities of staff, making it an interesting and fun place to work. I’ve been here for awhile now and genuinely enjoy my job and look forward to my shifts.

Stressful and frustrating

It was a really bad experience working at papa John’s, they don’t treat their employees fairly. Moreover they give hours and when there’s no work they will tell to leave. Also they didn’t pay for my training weeks. They told that they will give after 3 months but they didn’t.

Pros

Cons

More work

Great step stone job

Good place to get customer service experience. Low base pay, commission & tips better on evening and weekends. Good Part-time or extra money job. Good luck.

Pros

Employee food, discounts, sometimes get freebees

Cons

Late hours, ware & tare on you Vehicle. Pay varies days to day shift to shift.

Experience Depends on Location

At my location, we had the most AMAZING manager/supervisor. He was very flexible with our schedule, would always check up on us, it felt like he was a friend to me and my coworkers. It felt more like a family rather than work. But then the owners changed...and so did the work environment. They started cheaping out on our hours, and would often ask me to leave early. It seemed that they cared more about money rather than the actual shop. For that reason, I left. If the owners never changed, I would've stayed for longer. Also a note, it gets VERY hot during the warmer seasons. I would spend most of my break in the walk-in fridge haha.

Pros

Free pizza for mistake pizzas and 50% store discount

Cons

Standing for almost whole shift, sore back/feet

Was fun with plenty of laughs

Dusty job its only part time so great is your life fits the production schedule. You will get a workout doing this though. Enjoy a staff discount that makes it worth it.

Pros

Bus stop very close

Cons

Low hrs

Good place

Was always fun to be in there. Busy and fast at times but slow at other. Owners never fail to try and make it decent though. Really bonded with them and happy they were such good people. Sad I had to go.

Pros

Free pizza!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement