Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 151 reviews matching the search See all 8,635 reviews
not enough hrs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  875 main st hamilton ON13 February 2019
Does not provide long shifts , shifts are just of 4 hrs or 5 hrs. long not enough money while working their.............................................
Very clean and work pace
assignment GM (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX15 January 2019
Fast past, all orders are inspected and crs is done professional. During down time all employees are required to clean and prepare for the rush of business including managers.
Pros
Fun, good pay, training well done
Simple and FUn
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB1 January 2019
I really enjoy workigng here as i have met alot of great people and have made alot of great friends. I have very good hours of work, and i enjoy the tasts. Its nice to bring home lunch or dinner to my kids that they enjoy from here. Some people do not do much and i have to work so much harder though. Not much team work unfortunatly.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2018
It was great working here. Employees and management was amazing when I was there. I felt involved and learned the base of my food industry skills here.
good not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castleridge, AB24 December 2018
This was only good until old management was there, after new management I got cut. I hope to work in a place with friendly management where I can put my skills in better use.
Pros
Free lunches
Not the best experience
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 December 2018
It was not good for giving hours, and the pay was not great. The management was fairly lax in what they allowed, as long as the job got done. However, they became incredibly pushy with their expectations and were not conducive towards learning in a comfortable manner.
a fun work place
Pizza Maker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2018
papa johns is a good place to work at the employer is a fun boss your co workers like to joke around with you and at the end of your shift you can make a pizza and bring it home
Pros
make your own pizza to take home after your shift
Cons
45 minute drive from my place
Good job for a beginner
Manager (Current Employee) –  2609 Portage Ave21 November 2018
With some good team members, you can make a great team in a friendly environment. Sometimes the job is stressful. The hardest part of being a manager in Papa John's is sometimes you have to do long shifts (Such as open to close which is a 12-14 hour shift) if your co-worker is sick or does not show up in their shift.
Pros
Free manager meal
Cons
Less paid
They dont care about the workers
Supervisor/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2018
I was their for 4 years a shift manager for 3.5 years. Told them i wanted to move in 5 months to a new town and we found out theirs no papa their. So they took away my manager position took away ny hours. By the end of it i went from 35 to 10 hours. Almost homeless. They will cut u down if u try and do better for urself.
Pros
Their isnt any
Cons
Dont care about u.
Fun and happy to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
I want to stay longtern and friendly and always smile cuz i need to share to everybody and a have 5 kids need to be a good father love love family ty
Pros
Day or night
Cons
Fulltime

Want to know more about Papa John's?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place, and clean environment.
In-store Manger (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 November 2018
It was an enjoyable work place, clean and well kept work place, friendly staff, and fair management.I learned a lot about money handling, food handling and safety.
Pros
Free lunches to managers.
Cons
Not enough hours in-store.
papa johns
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  9245 soth boardwaay highlans ranch3 November 2018
always answering the phone to get customers orders, always made the orders and help if anyone messes something up. it was my first job and a very fun first job
Fun first job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON25 October 2018
Was a great experience to stretch and make pizza for papa johns. It was sad to leave but I am focusing on finishing all my mechanic apprenticeship hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not lot of hours
Great Boss
Delivery Driver/Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2018
had an amazing boss who was always there for his employees and very flexible while I was in college and also gave up shifts when someone needed money or was having a hard time.
3701 gaetz ave
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 October 2018
Papa John's is a great place to work and the owners are great people who are easy to talk with. i am very happy with the coworkers that i work with and they are happy with me
Pros
great team
Easy going
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK9 October 2018
My job at Papa Johns was fairly laid back, my job was to deliver orders throughout Moose Jaw and also to the 15 Wing. I was hired by Papa Johns but I also delivered for Joeys Urban and Espresso Joes. When I was not delivering I would typically be doing homework in the store waiting for my next delivery. It was very easy to manage work and school this way because my shifts were long but I was still able to do homework when I had the chance.
draining mentally abusive work environment
Everything (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2018
this job literally made me go mentally insane the pizza tastes good but the treatment from management made me feel like i was a worthless nobody that cant do anything myself
Pros
good supper
Cons
no compassion
Good job that comes with some issues
Instore Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2018
The manager refused to give paid training, does not give vacation pay, the cleanness of the establishment wasn't its best, the managers were nice and always asking to help which was nice.
One of my favorite jobs, and pizza.
Store front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2018
I really enjoyed this job. The management was incredible and super encouraging about ensuring you were comfortable and learned tasks at your own pace. By the end, I could create and cook customers orders at demand, make the pizza boxes, do orders in person and over the phone virtually at the same time, as well as clean as needed too. I was very nervous about answering customers over the phone, but the manager tested this by calling the store and had me answer it, myself not knowing it was him. Super encouraging! The pizza is also delicious. I love it more than any other pizza.
Mediocre work place
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 August 2018
Personally for me this was not the right job for me. One of the only perks is getting 50% off on all the food and drinks that were made there. Just not the right job for me.
Pros
discount
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K