Pandora Jewelry

Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews

Found 244 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,040 reviews

Insights into Pandora Jewelry

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Simple

The job is not like other jewelry retail stores. There isn't as much competition, and the commission is small. The management is underqualified but they work hard.

Awful assistant manager

The assistant manager as Pandora in charge is un professional and talks horribly about all her employees. Has no organization skills and caused more than 3 employees to quit. Not a good place to work at anymore.

Fun team

Doesn’t have a great work and life balance. Company standards change a lot and upper management is always changing. Really want you to push sales in an aggressive manner.

Good place to learned.

Great experience for entry level accounting Dept. The controller really helpful and trained you well. No overtime, work and life balance. Great Discount for the jewelry

Pros

Flexibility, discount for jewelry

Cons

Small company

Stressful environment

It was a very fast paced and stressful work environment. I never got my breaks which is not okay, because we always had too many customers in store. One girl even passed out from how stressed she was. The management is not great, we get yelled at and treated wrongly, and everything is about pushing to sell. The only good thing about this job was the discount. Besides that, I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Stressful, long hours, low pay, not getting breaks, on your feet all day

Terrible

They will not care about you. They change managers every year. They will use and abuse workers on the inside... And hire management from outside. Labor law issues

Pros

Discount

Bad management

The store manager is a rude person to work with and asks inappropriate questions. The schedules are always unfair, even when they know you have a second job they wouldn’t try and accommodate with you. Maybe unless you’re in another high end store since they would always favour another employee with their schedule. Only thinks about the store, not about you as a person and employee. Even though you’re the reason why people come in and buy something. It’s more of a stressful environment. The place is toxic, judgemental, too much drama and talking behind everyone’s backs. It has a high turnaround with people leaving.

Cons

Schedules

Horrible.

Everyone is catty (including the manager). At the time, they were short on staff (even though I was hired as seasonal) for Polo Park and St Vital location - I had to work both even though I told them I do not have reliable transportation to work both locations since one is wayyyy further than the other. The don’t care about how their workers treat other workers or customers. Colleagues steal customers from you, so they get commission. Everyone talks about every behind their back - including the manager.I was threatened to be fired if I didn’t come in for my shift - even though I had given over 24 hours notice because I had the stomach flu. So I had to quit because I was sick and being threatened with my job.Such a terrible place to work, they do not care about their workers - management sucks, and you are not allowed to have any other sort of life outside of Pandora. So do not bother applying if you’d like to stay sane.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No care for their employees whatsoever

Avoid At All Costs

The entire store culture revolves around gossip and it is awful. Upper management only cares about numbers and having control not anything else. My managers would specifically ask questions to other employees to find out if people were socializing outside of work without her knowledge. They use their employees (when the owner couldn’t afford to have a second assistant, all of a sudden store policy was changed and key holders were suddenly allowed to perform tasks that only upper management was allowed to and we’re not compensated for the added tasks). They will discourage you and tell you they don’t need you and will hire more suitable associates if you aren’t making your numbers.

Pros

Commission gives you an opportunity to make extra money when you make your targets.

Cons

Everything else.

Avoid

Don’t bother even applying here the management will treat you really badly. Disrespectful and talk and spread rumours about every worker and act like that your always the problem!!!! They don’t know how to respect their workers at all let alone be nice to them and recognize the hard work! Manager is always slacking and will even have the audacity to talk behind your back and even after you quit! Drama and tension fills up the store! manger has favourites and they too talk behind the mangers back. and if I could go back in time and never apply here it would be great because the things that were said haunt me they treat you so badly!

Benefits

Cons

Super ridiculous management

Stressful and excellent benefits

The people with whom I worked the closest were great. Day to day is stressful Benefits were top notch No much room to grow Maybe is different in retail?

I would 10/10 NOT recommend.

Don’t work here. Don’t work any retail for that matter, just do yourself a favour and step far away from retail management. They’ll work you to the bone for no money and create chaos in your life.

Pros

Jewelry discount

Cons

Everything else

Overall a good starting job to build experience

I enjoyed working here. The group i worked with made the day to day very enjoyable. The competitive aspect was healthy and fun and motivated you to reach goals in place.

Loved it!

Great atmosphere, great coworkers, highly recommend! I absolutely loved working for Pandora! Great management, store ethics and functionality. Very positive up beat and lots of positive encouragement and motivation to work and love your job.

Pros

Positive, welcoming, nurturing

Cons

On your feet for your entire shift (minuse breaks)

great area

Worked at the RBC bank plaza and the hours for retail were great. Had the chance to actually get to know your clients and build on those relationships.

Terrible place to work

This is a Terrible place to work They treat you very badly and will get rid of you in a heart beat. no job security. pay is low. Only care about themselves. The global company takes over and only cares about Global.doesn’t know the markets but thinks they do. No work life balance

Interesting place to work at

Pandora was a fun place to work at because of the store itself. Jewelry is always fun to talk about and especially sell it. The environment was very fast-paced.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Learning the names of all of the jewelry

Fast paced, competitive, commission

Always busy and always have to be on your feet, job is recommended for students or first time workers. It's a franchise company therefore all stores are different.

Fun and Productive workplace

Pandora has a very relaxed environment except during holidays and when sales are taking place. Also, the Managers and employees are very easy to get a long.

It was okay.

A day at work would be setting up the place and connecting with customers to recommend and help them pick out jewelry. Communicating well with your fellow co-workers is important.

fast paced, competitive

management is good and very helpful fast paced one of the busiest locations can develop good communication skills, need to talk to people a lot competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pandora Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement