Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 3,473 reviews
A very educative work place
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2019
A work place where you could discover yourself and your self capability. A lot of self growth happening too which I found very useful.
If your looking for a job that will teach you independence, I suggest trying out this work place. They will guide you but of course you will have to learn to do it by your self. Overall, this company did a lot of good things for me, made me the person I am right now and I would always look back to what they taught me.
Great job lovely people I worked with
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2019
Didn’t work for two long they only needed people for 2 months because it was baseball season, it was my first job before I started working at The job that I have now witch is great experience to have getting into the food Business
fun place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK4 May 2019
 Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
 Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives
 Motivate and inspire team members
 Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
 Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior
Great place to learn for beginners.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2019
Its a great place to learn. Pays well and supports healthy lifestyle. As a beginner I learnt basic management skills, financials of company, hiring, logistics of the company etc.
Pros
Free Meals
it was decent
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2018
when i worked there was a problem with unfair management, rude coworkers and people feeling left out of the core work group. this place makes the workers act like robots around costumers rather than acting genuine. I got so tired of saying hello welcome to panda every single time. Just let the worker be nice in their own way, stop making them act a certain way since that results in being fake. Also we should be serving costumers more food on their plate, it always felt like we were cheating them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lazy management
workplace culture
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2018
Panda Express
20,000 Panda Associates living one common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.”
Pros
a meal for break
Large Chinese Chain
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA7 November 2018
Largest chain of Chinese food around the world. A normal work day has the back of the house preparing meals and placing them in display table. Service is buffet style however the front of the house plates for the customer.
Its a good place to work but...
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB2 November 2018
The people are amazing at times. Some people you just work really great with and others you just don't get along with at all. There is a bit of bullying going on. The systems are so bad. The store really needs tap because it takes so long to get people there orders and ring them through so they can actually eat there food, the food is only semi-warm if not cold. The bosses ride you hard. Everything about you has to be perfect. I understand your uniform should be clean and everything but when you're called in for a shift that starts in 20 minutes and its a 15 minute drive to get there you cant have everything perfect about your look. There are times when I feel uncomfortable or unsafe there. But overall its a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
Uncomfortable environment at time
no the best place to work
COOK (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2018
It is a good place to make friends, managerial management is not the best, you need a lot of training and training, do not go hand in hand with the values ​​that the company requests, you question your availability a lot. what is paid
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managment
Productive an fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 September 2018
Panda was a great job
The staff and management are so open to helping others
great work environment to learn new things
awesome food
and the customers are so friendly
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Fun job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 June 2018
Managers and coworkers are like a family. Loved working and seeing the regular customers. You get a free meal which was awesome. Hours are flexible and work around your life.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Effecient
Casher (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB26 April 2018
I found the overall experience pleasant, however the management lacked experience, lost cheques and forgot hours, and was short staffed due to schedule mixups.
Pros
Free lunches, understanding staff
Cons
Poor Managment, losing cheques
Great Compensation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Panda has great compensation however strategies of entering Canada market was not accurate.
Work life balance is pretty much inexistant due to the work loads.
Fun Place but inconsistent management
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Such a fun and upbeat place to work...usually. Workers are often blamed for what is the fault of management. However, management is often quite understanding of personal issues/time constraints of students.
Pros
Free Lunches, Awesome Team, flexible hours
Cons
Inconsistency in management, low hours, high expectations
Productive and Fun Place to work
Cashier - Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 February 2018
Always productive, never a dull moment. Lots of experience gained from both cooking and cashier working. Good job for students and people just starting into the working world but also for those wanting to keep busy.
Pros
One free meal per shift
panda doesnt fit with my daily basis schedule
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2017
management is very strict and not flexible with their people. the workplace is good but the management tend to overwork their people. the hardest part of the job is when you need to stay late just to clean the kitchen. they dont care whether you have school the next day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
for short amount of time
Unaccomidating work environment
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB28 August 2017
I would not recommend this establishment for anyone seeking stable employment or comprehensive benefits. The best thing any employee will receive is a free lunch each shift. The food is good though.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
25hrs per week maximum, no benefits before a 30hrs per week minimum, critical work standards
Lead counter help / Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 August 2017
Competitive Wages. Professional environment. Great training program with room for growth. Benefits and paid time off.
This company is extremely dedicated to customer service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Work life balance
not great
Waitress/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 June 2017
- okay if want a job in high school but felt the stress was too high and poor management.
- typical day included serving guests, cashing them out, washing dishes taking food temperatures, cleaning
Pros
free lunches on break
Cons
stressful
Unethical treatment
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Note to management: This is not a boot camp, there is no need to treat employees with disrespect - no need to yell at them, talk down to them, or make examples out of them for making mistakes.. Knowing what you stand for/ will not tolerate is important because they will push your buttons if you question them. It is ok to have leaders to keep us in line, but it isnt just about the Bottom line ... I wish management did a better job with respecting others - it is a basic human right, but somehow, they seem to forget it even exists.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
harsh treatment of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51K