Panago Pizza

Panago Pizza Pay & benefits reviews

Canada340 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Easy job with relaxed work environment.

Overall a great place to work. But with food delivery apps coming into play it is really starting to slow down. You are compensated similarly to other pizza delivery jobs, But the environment is more relaxed then say Dominoes. I would recommend this job to someone young or for someone who is looking for part time.

Pros

Staff discount.

Cons

Pay is pretty low for driving your own vehicle. Wear, and tear + insurance is not compensated for.

Fast paced and Slow paced

Driving isnt too bad, can be fast can be slow. Overall pretty decent, pizza is pretty good and theres usually free pizza

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Sometimes really boring when slow

Insights into Panago Pizza

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Fun workplace

As a Delivery Driver, once you get good at your job, (which shouldn't take more than a month), it becomes easy, and you have a sense of independence when you basically get to call all the shots, as long as you're not dumb about it.Management treats you like a friend, not just a number.

Pros

Good pay, Flexible hours

Cons

Occasionally having to work very late due to how busy it is

Good place to work at. Manager is very kind. Co workers are nice. Schedules are flexible. Its an easy job once you get used to it. You learn alot about time management as well.

Pros

Free food

Fast paced

I liked working here for the experience I was gaining but it is a very demanding and exhausting job. It is definitely not a place you'd want to be there permanently unless your goal is to advance but for me it wasn't worth it. The next level you can advance to is a lot harder and still pays minimum wage.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Constant talking

Great high school job

Delivered pizza on the weekends, honestly a really simple job and decent pay with tips. Some late nights. Had to pay for my own gas, but the tips and delivery fees easily covered it.

Pros

Unsupervised, flexible hours

Cons

Long nights when closing the store

Probably the worst job I've ever had.

Manager was barely there, not understanding for mental health, got payed $13.50, gave me very few hours a week even though they were understaffed at the time.

Pros

Free drinks from the Quizno's

Cons

Awful management, under payed, no benefits other than free drinks, not understanding with mental/personal problems.

Nanaimo

The manager in Nanaimo just straight up fires people for missing a few days of work. They don’t care about your scheduling needs even though you give them your available hours before you start. Fast paced and at the end of the night the tips you make barely cover your gas.

Pros

Occasional free food.

Cons

A lot.

competitive and team work

As my experience working in panago it was fun working with different attitudes and need patients hard work teamwork and most of all multitasking especially in busy time ....

Pros

free lunch

Cons

30min break but no healthcare benifits

Great place for a first job

I love working at panago. My bosses are amazing and they recognize hard work, seeing as they work basically everyday themselves (not sure if other panagos are the same). They have flexible hours and are great for learning to work with a team. Definitely good for a first job as working with customers teaches you how to deal with good people and bad people, a skill that will help you in any working job.

Pros

Flexible hours, great staff, get a great discount on food.

Cons

Breaks are kind of hit or miss if you actually get them, head office can be a pain

Does NOT pay very well. Only Plus is the PayDay Pizza.

Payday Pizza Fridays were the only highlights of working there. Not a solid reason to stay as getting paid in pizza for your hard efforts does not pay the bills. Need more opportunities for advancement and take interest in employees that show initiative. Also need better incentive programs with commission payouts as I sold thousands of dollars of countless add-ons to customers with no appreciation.

Pros

Free PayDay Pizza

Cons

Paid very poorly and always needed more hours.

Great staff, fast paced, bad pay/benefits

I started as a part time delivery driver (best part of the job) for a few years then got promoted to management. I eventually became the store manager. It was a good experience being a manager but ultimately not for me. You have no work/life balance as you are constantly bothered on your days off and the family that owned the store under paid me and offered no benefits. On the other hand the staff were great and the job itself was fast paced so long days went by quickly. Fun atmosphere too.

Pros

Free food, fast paced, tips (where applicable), fun staff

Cons

Bad pay, no benefits, late shifts

Honest Truth

There is no incentive to work hard there because it's unusual for anyone to ever get a raise, and people hired to manage their stores are not fit for the job. Staff act very unprofessionally when customers are not present. There's no accountability whatsoever, and corporate policies aren't even shared with the people who actually make the food. It's such a boring place to work, to the point that staff once watched filth on the business computer, that staff walked outside to consume illicit drugs, and one staff member phoned a gentlemans club to ask what the dancers names were.

Pros

Free Staff Pizza every shift

Cons

Poor Management, little to no raises, too much drama

Enjoyable and fun workplace

The staff at my location were all super friendly and understanding, during rush hours things can get stressful but also when its slow can get boring so overall its a mix really..

Pros

Free meals, high wages, flexible hours, non-picky dress code

Making new pizza creations is fun.

I love to work Panago pizza . Working is my hobbies. I never used computer in life but coming Vancouver and working in Panago , I had good experience , fun , enjoying to work , talking new customer , Had good experience in Panago pizza about life and work.

Pros

Yes we have free lunch.

Cons

I used to work long hours .

Beware

I worked at the panago in fort St John, The manager was less than someone I would ever consider as a person.We were The busiest panago in the franchise for approximately 8 years, The manager that came in didn't do anything, they sat around and stole from the company and now they have their own business in that area as a pizza company.The manager who took over after those literally let the company slide into a horrible horrible growth they could never recover she had no idea what she was doing she never was a part of the team unless you wanted to be her friend.The favoritism from that company was completely horrible, I was promised raises I never got it The owner is very distant and does not actually deal with his company at all from a viewpoint of the staff.

Pros

If you were friends with the manager you could get some good bonuses.

Cons

Having the manager's nieces get away with everything under the sun.

pretty good

The job was pretty good, not going to lie. always worked around my schedule for baseball and School, there was nothing really terrible about the job, everyone really worked well together.

Stressful and really frustrating environment

The work environment was really stressful. there were certain unethical rules made by the employer. no benefits and appreciation given. a lot of discrimination done.

Great atmosphere, can be stressfull

Great people, great customers (some can be very interesting), Dinner time is hectic as with all food establishments. A fun place to work but don't expect much in the way of raises (especially if your a driver).

it was an ok job

management was new and wasnt very good at running the store it was slow didnt get a lot of hours and no one was properly trained and it was not a very good job

Great job with great tios

I worked with Panago for over 10 years as a driver, on various locations Downtown, Yaletown, Broadway and Birch. Friendly stuff, good working environment and great tips. I was full time afternoon at the beginning, once this became my second job I cut the days./evening. Currently still working on call on Broadway location. For newcomers, students and everyone who looks for extra cash in pocket as second job it is great opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panago Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement