Panago Pizza

Panago Pizza Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver57 reviews
Canada57 reviews

Great high school job

Delivered pizza on the weekends, honestly a really simple job and decent pay with tips. Some late nights. Had to pay for my own gas, but the tips and delivery fees easily covered it.

Pros

Unsupervised, flexible hours

Cons

Long nights when closing the store

Fast paced and Slow paced

Driving isnt too bad, can be fast can be slow. Overall pretty decent, pizza is pretty good and theres usually free pizza

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Sometimes really boring when slow

Insights into Panago Pizza

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Fun workplace

As a Delivery Driver, once you get good at your job, (which shouldn't take more than a month), it becomes easy, and you have a sense of independence when you basically get to call all the shots, as long as you're not dumb about it.Management treats you like a friend, not just a number.

Pros

Good pay, Flexible hours

Cons

Occasionally having to work very late due to how busy it is

Don't work here

The owner of this place was cheap to a fault.She cut my delivery charges when I was on the clock, not because I was a bad employee. But because she was paying me to much. She cut 2$ per delivery, because she reread the contract and found out she can legally pay me less. Food safety, and quality was okay. But they skimped out on toppings, even if it was part of the panago recipe.

Relaxed atmosphere, but highly depends on management

Pretty great company to work for, but I imagine it really depends on the franchise owner. I would recommend asking current employees, as each Panago has different managers.

Pros

Flexible

Nanaimo

The manager in Nanaimo just straight up fires people for missing a few days of work. They don’t care about your scheduling needs even though you give them your available hours before you start. Fast paced and at the end of the night the tips you make barely cover your gas.

Pros

Occasional free food.

Cons

A lot.

Job is easy but management is horrible and work place harassment and bullying is commonplace and not dealt with by owners.

Don’t work at this location, the job itself is pretty easy it mostly consists of doing deliveries and dishes but the Langley location should be avoided at all costs. The owner while constantly lie to you and gaslight you to hear what you want with no intention of handling anything.

Pros

Free Meal if you work over 6 hours

Cons

Bad management and a work culture that encourages bullying

Fun, fast paced, competitive job

Fun workplace, but the drivers can be greedy with what deliveries they take, fast paced and multiple task sharing among different positions, need steel toe non slip footwear for safety as floors get wet & dirty, good knowledge of the area is very beneficial and a good vehicle for deliveries if you want to drive for them. No fake nails allowed!! Great people work there & I would work there again if it was needed in future retirement years.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Competitive when comes to deliveries for drivers, not always fair

Productive and fun workplace

The staff are friendly and helpful. There are responsibilities to maintain, but there is grace for any mistakes. Learning is prioritised. The workplace culture stresses on collaboration.

affordable earning and super workplace

one thing.. just love that pizza. better working environment and love they divide work so to decrease the workload from every employee. also if working as a driver earn more from tips.

Pros

free 1 employee meal as a personal pizza and discounts on rest of the things.

Cons

less working hours sometimes.

Fun job, paid well

I worked at panago over the summer as a part time job. I was a delivery driver and my shifts varied in length from 3-9 hours depending on how busy it was.

Great job with great tios

I worked with Panago for over 10 years as a driver, on various locations Downtown, Yaletown, Broadway and Birch. Friendly stuff, good working environment and great tips. I was full time afternoon at the beginning, once this became my second job I cut the days./evening. Currently still working on call on Broadway location. For newcomers, students and everyone who looks for extra cash in pocket as second job it is great opportunity

panago is fun place to work

No one follow the rules of the work place for example all worker come late or they leave when ever they want and they make own there rule. There is no manger or team leader to lid the floor.

Good job

The owner/manager of my store was a great guy. Lots of down time but when it was busy you were going non-stop. Hours aren't great (working late on weekends) but the tips were good. Recieved a free meal with every shift over 5.5 hours.

Great management, but the pacing is random

The workflow at Panago Pizza is fluid. This means sometimes you are required to take many deliveries at once, or sometimes none for many hours. Additionally, this means your hours are open ended. The management does their best to estimate your hours, but sometimes you are there much later than expected because it's busy. Other times you are off before the dinner rush. It's fantastic as long as you are OK with the schedule never being the same. I was a daytime delivery driver and I would recommend this job to anyone looking to make decent tips, and working with a team who is delivery oriented. Most of the staff and the owner do their best to make the entire store work together, and that made me happy enough to work there for over a year.

Too much work

They wanted too much from one worker, and the boss was never, never satisfied, ever, always had a complaint. Not good pay, and the management was trying to save money everywhere, especially on staff, so more pressure on the only 1 staff member.

Fast Paced

This has been one of my favorite jobs as half the time I'm relaxing in my car on the way to a customer and tip, while the other half I'm on my feet in the store. Some very nice sunsets when you deliver to customers higher up along the mountains. I've learned so much about leadership, business, and finances through audiobooks and podcasts while driving. You can learn so much as a delivery driver.

Not great

It was minimum wage, no tips, 0% of the delivery fee, had to provide my own car, no compensation for gas or mileage or repairs. I spent maybe 5 min in the store doing an interview and then the boss and I did a delivery together in my car. That was also 100% of the training. The drivers are responsible for calling customers if there is a problem of any sort. If special instructions say "call on arrival" you must use your personal phone with no compensation. If you cannot afford winter tires (which you cannot) you still get scheduled during storms or days that roads are closed. The only uniform is a provided tee shirt and ball cap, there usually aren't enough for one per employee so you usually need to share with employees who aren't scheduled.

Good questions

It was a good work experience with lots to do always on deliveries and helping out around the store for example closing and opening gaurenteed extra cash

Enjoyment working at panago pizza

Working in this kind of company brings the accuracy in me that driving fast and organizing before leaving the store and deliver the pizza fresh and is just good to my heart.

Not bad

The store was pretty well put together when I was working there, had some good pizza and a friendly and reliable manager. the crew was a blast to work with and I was always enjoying my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panago Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement