Panago Pizza

Chef25 reviews
Canada25 reviews

pizzadoughdeliverycentrefreerushfoodorder

Chef

Worked at panago for 4 years and it was a good job to stat working at, at a young age. They never pay you more than minimum. I asked for time off and they would let the Indians have the time off before me. But wouldn't tell me that I can't have the day off till a day before.

Honest Truth

There is no incentive to work hard there because it's unusual for anyone to ever get a raise, and people hired to manage their stores are not fit for the job. Staff act very unprofessionally when customers are not present. There's no accountability whatsoever, and corporate policies aren't even shared with the people who actually make the food. It's such a boring place to work, to the point that staff once watched filth on the business computer, that staff walked outside to consume illicit drugs, and one staff member phoned a gentlemans club to ask what the dancers names were.

Pros

Free Staff Pizza every shift

Cons

Poor Management, little to no raises, too much drama

Insights into Panago Pizza

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Making new pizza creations is fun.

I love to work Panago pizza . Working is my hobbies. I never used computer in life but coming Vancouver and working in Panago , I had good experience , fun , enjoying to work , talking new customer , Had good experience in Panago pizza about life and work.

Pros

Yes we have free lunch.

Cons

I used to work long hours .

Cost to Effort Ratio is not Efficient.

Pango pizza was my first commercial job. Meaning I wasn't hired by friend or family, I was hired by someone I didn't know. Panago had very friendly staff and community, and my boss was a kind man. He was flexible and cared about his workers and the work they produced. You can work as much or as little a week as you need and can change which days you work anytime. So what's wrong? Working in the food industry is probably one of the most dreadful experiences I have ever had. See, working in a place like Panago, the workload is an uncapped variable. There is no telling how much work you would do that shift because people's desire for pizza is an unpredictable thing. This leads to hours being flexible. I would be scheduled for 5 pm-9 pm (I worked part-time as a student in high school) and would not get off until 10:30 pm sometimes. Staying late was not of my choice, and I would have probably lost my job had I not complied. Working on a Friday is probably the worst thing I've experienced, and I did it consistently for a year. Fridays everyone wants pizza and it feels like you're the only pizza store in all of North America. I oftentimes would laugh at the fact that I was doing all this for minimum wage. I personally like cutting the pizzas, I became good at it, so often I would be the one cutting the pizzas. On busy nights there would be two ovens, each with room for 2 pizzas meaning 4 pizzas coming at you at once. It means you have to cut, box, and organize pizzas, in about 30 seconds, before the others start burning. It leaves you about 7 seconds to grab and cut pizzas. Doable, -

Pros

20% off pizza anytime, 50% off pizza after 5 hours of work

Cons

Unpredictable hours, incredibly fast pace, mentally taxing, physically taxing.

Working in Kitchen as a team with the staff

Details: making pizza, cutting pizza, preparing ingredients and dough, customer service, dealing with money, cleaning the kitchen, closing and opening the store

Not great

Mean people to be honest. I did not like it at all. I wish I did not work there. I would not advise anyone to work there. Absolutely terrible boss that works there.

Fun place to work but not given many oppotunities

I liked working at panago until the original manager left and the owners came into the management roll. They are unfair and favouritize. I am asked to open even with no training and no one is willing to train me at all.

fun job

A great first job to make a bit of money. management was okay and the shifts were sometimes long and sometimes short. most of the time kept me over my scheduled time but overall a good job

Good learning

A very friendly environment and good work. Healthy and happy surrounding.

Very demanding and extremely fun

I worked at Panago for over 1 year. I found that the management needed some work. The schedules were often written at the very last minute and the paycheques were regularly days late. The atmosphere was quite fun though, and the free pizza was nice.

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Late pay

Great job for a student with a friendly atmosphere

I worked at panago part time while attending university. It was a great part time job for a student. Easy work with a friendly atmosphere. My part time shift wasn't enough to qualify for any benefits or bonuses though.

Pros

Friendly laid back work environment

Cons

Little costumer service opportunities

Productive on Fridays and Saturdays

In the typical day at work, you would have to first prep dough and make shells for later on. As well as food prep in the morning. I learned that in order to get everything done you need to work as a team.

Pros

Free slices(only if no one buys), mess up on pizza take a slice.

Cons

short hours, having to wait till Saturday to figure out the schedule

good food and co workers

good place to work and make friend learned lots about making pizzas and taking orders and learning how to run cash and do it all with a smile on my face

very good atmosphere with helpful co-workers

Panago was very flexible and had a wonderful working environment, the co-workers I've worked with really helped me when I was overwhelmed and they were very supportive.

Pros

free meal if your shift was 5-6 or more

Cons

stressful working conditions and stuck in the kitchen.

Fun starter job

My experience at panago was very good from the start, I did find management to be difficult as there was never a definite store manager during my time. Overall it's a great starter job for teens and I would recommend it.

fun work place

the people I worked with were always a fun time however the manager was very unruly giving to little hours and would agree to lots of things but generally would not listen to employees needs and concerns

Pros

easywork

Cons

not enough hours

Fun

It was fun working there, yes the hours were long but it was busy most of the time so it went by pretty fast. Miss working with them. Management was normally not there but we had fun Also had to work the weekends often, as a teenager that sucked.

Pros

6-8 hour shifts got free food

Cons

worked weekends

Very upbeat and fast paced environment

-Spent most of my time prepping pizzas for the next day and leaving the dough out to proof -Prepared pizzas for customers and counted inventory while also spending time at the cashier trying to input orders

It was a productive and fun work place very easy and laid back when it's not the "rush"

I did not enjoy my experience working at panago pizza, the food is good but the store is very unorganized and unprofessional and the boss that I had at the location I worked at was very blunt and rude

Pros

50% off pizza

Cons

You spend allot of time cleaning because the rush is onl

A fun enjoyable and productive job

I got to learn a lot of new things when I start to panic go like how to make a pizza and how to make the dog what kind of pizzas to make how do use the cash register basically about everything that you can learn being a cook.

Pros

Free pizzas

Cons

Hot oven in the centre of the kitchen

Fun and fast paced working environment

A typical day at work was usually slow up until the evenings. I learned to become a leader and good team member of the Panago staff. The management was very good. I built strong relationships with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working on the weekends. The work place became so fast paced, but I enjoyed the challenge and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a new skill and the friendships I made.

Pros

Discount on pizza

Cons

short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panago Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement