Panago Pizza

Panago Pizza Employee Reviews

I started as a part time delivery driver (best part of the job) for a few years then got promoted to management. I eventually became the store manager. It was a good experience being a manager but ultimately not for me. You have no work/life balance as you are constantly bothered on your days off and the family that owned the store under paid me and offered no benefits. On the other hand the staff were great and the job itself was fast paced so long days went by quickly. Fun atmosphere too.
Pros
Free food, fast paced, tips (where applicable), fun staff
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, late shifts
Terrible. Very unprofessional managers. I learned how not to run a business. No cooperation and poor training. Hardest part - competing and fighting with drivers and management. Most enjoyable part- occasional great tips and friendly customers
Pros
Free personal pizza
Cons
Depressing
There is no incentive to work hard there because it's unusual for anyone to ever get a raise, and people hired to manage their stores are not fit for the job. Staff act very unprofessionally when customers are not present. There's no accountability whatsoever, and corporate policies aren't even shared with the people who actually make the food. It's such a boring place to work, to the point that staff once watched filth on the business computer, that staff walked outside to consume illicit drugs, and one staff member phoned a gentlemans club to ask what the dancers names were.
Pros
Free Staff Pizza every shift
Cons
Poor Management, little to no raises, too much drama
The staff at my location were all super friendly and understanding, during rush hours things can get stressful but also when its slow can get boring so overall its a mix really..
Pros
Free meals, high wages, flexible hours, non-picky dress code
I love to work Panago pizza . Working is my hobbies. I never used computer in life but coming Vancouver and working in Panago , I had good experience , fun , enjoying to work , talking new customer , Had good experience in Panago pizza about life and work.
Pros
Yes we have free lunch.
Cons
I used to work long hours .
Panago is a biased workplace and makes some people feel really bad. Very small growth and people gossip and talk behind your back all the time even the oldest people there do that. It is completely ridiculous. Grow up.
Pros
Non
Cons
Biased workplace with extreme favouritism
Fun workplace, but the drivers can be greedy with what deliveries they take, fast paced and multiple task sharing among different positions, need steel toe non slip footwear for safety as floors get wet & dirty, good knowledge of the area is very beneficial and a good vehicle for deliveries if you want to drive for them. No fake nails allowed!! Great people work there & I would work there again if it was needed in future retirement years.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Competitive when comes to deliveries for drivers, not always fair
I was a day supervisor and assistant manager of a Panago before. I absolutely loved working here, the work environment was great, had fun coworkers, exceptional management, and I actually looked forward to going to work each day.I was hired as a supervisor and after a month I began training to be assistant manager.Unfortunately I ended up getting sick from being around the pizza oven, and discovered I can't be exposed to natural gas. I had to leave my job when I nearly died from the extremely rare internal inflammatory infection I developed from being around the oven with my natural gas intolerance.
Pros
Free drinks and personal pizza on shift and 50% off all other pizzas
Cons
Customer freak outs
I worked at the panago in fort St John, The manager was less than someone I would ever consider as a person.We were The busiest panago in the franchise for approximately 8 years, The manager that came in didn't do anything, they sat around and stole from the company and now they have their own business in that area as a pizza company.The manager who took over after those literally let the company slide into a horrible horrible growth they could never recover she had no idea what she was doing she never was a part of the team unless you wanted to be her friend.The favoritism from that company was completely horrible, I was promised raises I never got it The owner is very distant and does not actually deal with his company at all from a viewpoint of the staff.
Pros
If you were friends with the manager you could get some good bonuses.
Cons
Having the manager's nieces get away with everything under the sun.
Pango pizza was my first commercial job. Meaning I wasn't hired by friend or family, I was hired by someone I didn't know. Panago had very friendly staff and community, and my boss was a kind man. He was flexible and cared about his workers and the work they produced. You can work as much or as little a week as you need and can change which days you work anytime. So what's wrong? Working in the food industry is probably one of the most dreadful experiences I have ever had. See, working in a place like Panago, the workload is an uncapped variable. There is no telling how much work you would do that shift because people's desire for pizza is an unpredictable thing. This leads to hours being flexible. I would be scheduled for 5 pm-9 pm (I worked part-time as a student in high school) and would not get off until 10:30 pm sometimes. Staying late was not of my choice, and I would have probably lost my job had I not complied. Working on a Friday is probably the worst thing I've experienced, and I did it consistently for a year. Fridays everyone wants pizza and it feels like you're the only pizza store in all of North America. I oftentimes would laugh at the fact that I was doing all this for minimum wage. I personally like cutting the pizzas, I became good at it, so often I would be the one cutting the pizzas. On busy nights there would be two ovens, each with room for 2 pizzas meaning 4 pizzas coming at you at once. It means you have to cut, box, and organize pizzas, in about 30 seconds, before the others start burning. It leaves you about 7 seconds to grab and cut pizzas. Doable, - more...
Pros
20% off pizza anytime, 50% off pizza after 5 hours of work
Cons
Unpredictable hours, incredibly fast pace, mentally taxing, physically taxing.
Learnt managing m time during work. Manage the store and orders. Practice the active listening. Friendly environment at workplace. The hard part for me was travelling time from home to work.
Very easy going job that many people would enjoy to have. It had very flexible hours and was easy to cover shifts with others. Very easy training making th job very easy.
It's ok... a lot of work though. gets really boring sometimes. people are good though... made a lot of friends... sometimes feel like shooting myself in the head while dealing with stupid inconsiderate customers.
Worked at panago for 4 years and it was a good job to stat working at, at a young age. They never pay you more than minimum. I asked for time off and they would let the Indians have the time off before me. But wouldn't tell me that I can't have the day off till a day before.
The staff are friendly and helpful. There are responsibilities to maintain, but there is grace for any mistakes. Learning is prioritised. The workplace culture stresses on collaboration.
I could take different positions in the same period and I could achieve excellent experience for all my business life. Working fast and deep accuracy skills are my achievement during working in Panago pizza.
The job itself is good whether it's in the kitchen or delivery. The management team needs to work more on the leadership and communication style and how to be professional and not take everything personally. The Ladysmith location is divided into groups. The management team needs to speak English around the store and be fair to all employees. Also, they need to follow the company standard.
The job was pretty good, not going to lie. always worked around my schedule for baseball and School, there was nothing really terrible about the job, everyone really worked well together.
In everyday working in panago i keep learning and enjoy it , I learned how to solve some trouble like customer question regarding the ingredients .i always make sure during my shift everything is organized before start and end of my shift .
The work environment was really stressful. there were certain unethical rules made by the employer. no benefits and appreciation given. a lot of discrimination done.
one thing.. just love that pizza. better working environment and love they divide work so to decrease the workload from every employee. also if working as a driver earn more from tips.
Pros
free 1 employee meal as a personal pizza and discounts on rest of the things.
Cons
less working hours sometimes.
  1. Employee reviews