Panago Pizza
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Panago Pizza Employee Reviews

Canada341 reviews

Easy job with relaxed work environment.

Overall a great place to work. But with food delivery apps coming into play it is really starting to slow down. You are compensated similarly to other pizza delivery jobs, But the environment is more relaxed then say Dominoes. I would recommend this job to someone young or for someone who is looking for part time.

Pros

Staff discount.

Cons

Pay is pretty low for driving your own vehicle. Wear, and tear + insurance is not compensated for.

Fast paced and Slow paced

Driving isnt too bad, can be fast can be slow. Overall pretty decent, pizza is pretty good and theres usually free pizza

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Sometimes really boring when slow

Insights into Panago Pizza

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun workplace

As a Delivery Driver, once you get good at your job, (which shouldn't take more than a month), it becomes easy, and you have a sense of independence when you basically get to call all the shots, as long as you're not dumb about it.Management treats you like a friend, not just a number.

Pros

Good pay, Flexible hours

Cons

Occasionally having to work very late due to how busy it is

Stressful, unrealistic target

Worked at the call centre which allowed me to work from home with all equipment provided. Thought that would be a good one to work from home but the targets were unrealistic and we MUST have to upsell every single call while managing call time.

Pros

Free pizza once in a while

Cons

Unrealistic phone call standards. Forced upselling.

Good place to work at. Manager is very kind. Co workers are nice. Schedules are flexible. Its an easy job once you get used to it. You learn alot about time management as well.

Pros

Free food

Good for high schoolers, not much else

Panago should be called out for their lack of pay increase since covid. We went from doing on average 1200-2000$ a night to 4-5k regularly once people started staying in more. We constantly got memos from corporate about how each month kept breaking sales records and their yearly profits had never been higher. Most of us started having mental breakdowns and burn out from the extreme work conditions during covid and the unfair pay. The employees saw no pay Increase. In fact for a while we were payed less due to their no cash policy when covid began. We went from taking 10-15 dollars at the end of the night to nothing for months. That money adds up and when rent is as ridiculously high as it is we can't afford these pay cuts. Screw panago corporate they need to be sewed.

Pros

Easy work (except when busy) good for a part time job for a teen

Cons

No free food. Pay cuts during covid.

Don't work here

The owner of this place was cheap to a fault.She cut my delivery charges when I was on the clock, not because I was a bad employee. But because she was paying me to much. She cut 2$ per delivery, because she reread the contract and found out she can legally pay me less. Food safety, and quality was okay. But they skimped out on toppings, even if it was part of the panago recipe.

Fast paced

I liked working here for the experience I was gaining but it is a very demanding and exhausting job. It is definitely not a place you'd want to be there permanently unless your goal is to advance but for me it wasn't worth it. The next level you can advance to is a lot harder and still pays minimum wage.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Constant talking

Great high school job

Delivered pizza on the weekends, honestly a really simple job and decent pay with tips. Some late nights. Had to pay for my own gas, but the tips and delivery fees easily covered it.

Pros

Unsupervised, flexible hours

Cons

Long nights when closing the store

Absolutely amazing place to work at

I have been working here for a couple months and I absolutely love the work environment. The owner and the supervisors are so patient with new workers and taught me everything in a very good manner.

Relaxed atmosphere, but highly depends on management

Pretty great company to work for, but I imagine it really depends on the franchise owner. I would recommend asking current employees, as each Panago has different managers.

Pros

Flexible

Fun place to work at when right management is there

Panago is a growing company, they're great to work with, a lot of growth opportunites, I worked in 2 locations, 1 was disastrous because of the greedy owners, the other one was great, the management was good, the pay was decent. Your experience will really depend on the stores' environment.

Pros

Discounted food, fun teamwork

Cons

Rush hours can be speed demanding, but that's a common thing in Food indusry

Probably the worst job I've ever had.

Manager was barely there, not understanding for mental health, got payed $13.50, gave me very few hours a week even though they were understaffed at the time.

Pros

Free drinks from the Quizno's

Cons

Awful management, under payed, no benefits other than free drinks, not understanding with mental/personal problems.

Nanaimo

The manager in Nanaimo just straight up fires people for missing a few days of work. They don’t care about your scheduling needs even though you give them your available hours before you start. Fast paced and at the end of the night the tips you make barely cover your gas.

Pros

Occasional free food.

Cons

A lot.

Nice

I like work there the manager and the co worker really helpful and I feel comfortable working there they are so flexible with you if you have something urgent

competitive and team work

As my experience working in panago it was fun working with different attitudes and need patients hard work teamwork and most of all multitasking especially in busy time ....

Pros

free lunch

Cons

30min break but no healthcare benifits

Great place for a first job

I love working at panago. My bosses are amazing and they recognize hard work, seeing as they work basically everyday themselves (not sure if other panagos are the same). They have flexible hours and are great for learning to work with a team. Definitely good for a first job as working with customers teaches you how to deal with good people and bad people, a skill that will help you in any working job.

Pros

Flexible hours, great staff, get a great discount on food.

Cons

Breaks are kind of hit or miss if you actually get them, head office can be a pain

Does NOT pay very well. Only Plus is the PayDay Pizza.

Payday Pizza Fridays were the only highlights of working there. Not a solid reason to stay as getting paid in pizza for your hard efforts does not pay the bills. Need more opportunities for advancement and take interest in employees that show initiative. Also need better incentive programs with commission payouts as I sold thousands of dollars of countless add-ons to customers with no appreciation.

Pros

Free PayDay Pizza

Cons

Paid very poorly and always needed more hours.

Job is easy but management is horrible and work place harassment and bullying is commonplace and not dealt with by owners.

Don’t work at this location, the job itself is pretty easy it mostly consists of doing deliveries and dishes but the Langley location should be avoided at all costs. The owner while constantly lie to you and gaslight you to hear what you want with no intention of handling anything.

Pros

Free Meal if you work over 6 hours

Cons

Bad management and a work culture that encourages bullying

Lovvvveeeddd itttt

Title basically said it all. Everyone became friends we all enjoyed each day of working. Became family basically. Everything was easy because there was proper training.

Pros

Made friends

Cons

They closed down.

Such a wonderful place, great staff and great opportunities!

I’ve worked here for just about 3 years, and made some of the best of friends through being with these people every day 3-5 days of the week. Co-workers are always so inclusive, uplifting, and caring.

Pros

You essentially get a second family when you work here, never will be a day when you’re not excited to come into work.

Cons

There aren’t too many cons, maybe your start time because, it can take away opportunities to be with friends, and family sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panago Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement