Pan Pacific Whistler

Pan Pacific Whistler Employee Reviews in Whistler, BC

Didn't get training and staff housing is unliveable

I barely got trained and they threw me onto the front desk right away - was quite stressful. Not to mention the staff accommodation that they offer is quite literally a dungeon (THERE ARE NO WINDOWS) and almost unliveable. They said that their staff accom is better than most other places but I've seen/heard of a handful and I'm almost certain the staff accom here is the worst.

Pros

nothing

Cons

no training, rude management

Welcoming & Hard working workplace

I worked at the Pan Pacific Whistler for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about the company! I am so grateful for the career opportunities they gave me as well as sponsoring me for my Permanent Residency. Management is always very approachable and willing to create the best possible work environment for all employees. I was lucky enough to interact with all departments and have made many lifelong friends as a result of the positive, friendly workplace culture. I highly recommend working for the Pan Pacific Whistler and am sad to say goodbye (for now)!

Pros

Wellness program, career opportunities, lifelong friendships, local discounts, free hotel stays, local tour deals

Worst management and poorest ran department I have ever been in.

I worked here for multiple months and I absolutely CAN NOT recommend a job in this Maintenance department to anyone. The maintenance department at Pan Pacific Whistler is one of the most mismanaged places i have ever worked. No support or training is given. you are expected to know how to do everything the exact way management want it done without ever being formally shown. One of the maintenance managers constantly talks trash about all the maintenance workers (talks trash about my co-workers to me. and about me to my co-workers) The so called “director of technical services” is the rudest and most arrogant person i have ever met and is completely un-approachable. He has absolutely no time or interest in his workers and makes that abundantly clear. Offers no help or support and if you ask him a question half the time you are greeted with a short and snarky reply or even no reply at all. We are made to feel like garbage for asking a question. Tools are not supplied when requested. We spend half our day searching for the tools to do the job. Suitable safety and protective equipment is not supplied for handling acid used for the pools despite asking on numerous occasions. Standard working procedures are non existent and both managers run their buildings COMPLETELY different. You do something one manager told you to do and the other one cracks it at you. you then do what they want and you get in trouble from the other one (except you don’t hear about it instead you hear about it from a co-worker who had to listen to them trash talking you). Complete uniform was never supplied. -

Amazing Workplace with incredibly staff involved management

Working for the Pan Pacific in Whistler was by far one the best work experiences I have ever had. The management and employers care immensely for staff well being and goes out of their way to provide a safe and stable work place for their employees.

Pros

Amazing staff and management

Cons

Mildly stressful work and requirement of multitasking

Professional workplace

Professional workplace environment. Hands-on, individual and teamwork setting. Growing opportunities within the company. Great benefits and hours included.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pan Pacific Whistler. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement