Pan Pacific Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews

goodmanagementgreatplacestafftimehotelhard

Great Hotel, Good Enough Pay and Commission

A 5 Star Luxury Hotel in the Heart of Downtown Vancouver. The job was extremely professional and business a tier. The pay as a Reservation Sales Agent was good enough matching the industry rates. The Commission was an extra bonus. However, due to the fact the management has shown absolutely no empathy on their sick staff and continue to forced their employee to work under tremendous stress was not right. I would rate my experience of the Hotel 8/10 and management skills on showing empathy to its employee at the time when i was employed 2/10. Overall, it was a good job and good enough paid to earn a living in Vancouver, but management was a complete failure. I hope the Hotel would decide to take a different route in hiring their manager and human resource staff. Showing no empathy to their staff does not work and as we move forward to the future of the world, I do believe hiring the right leaders would definitely build a better company.

Not much future

Management need lots of improvement. The ownership has no future goals. Usually they make a very stupid and careless decision without considering employees opinions. Not recommended to work here.

Insights into Pan Pacific Vancouver

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

very fun!

Very fast paced and lots of amazing customers to meet. Management is also amazing and know how to help employees if any problems arise. Overall fun work place , pay could be a bit higher.

It was a 40 minute interview.

it Is a good versatile place to work. Management are always available to help in any areas. I have no bad things to say about it. All good. Lots of social events.u

Pros

Good training and understanding.

Cons

Covid

Find another Hotel!! There is no future here!!

Upper management won't even acknowledge you, or show any appreciation for your hard work. Only to their favorite ppl where you can see them socializing. No hope for future because they pick favorites and will make excuses to keep you from either moving up in your own department or make sad excuses ( not enough staff) to keep you from switching to another department.

Pros

Too many cons to even think of the pros.

Senseless Management

As soon as pandemic start they laid off many staffs and after 3 month without any proper communication you got the letter of termination. Everyone can understand it is very difficult time for industry to survive but they treat the staff like s***. Can you guys believer for 3 month they didn’t send a single email or any updates what’s going on until u get a call about your terminations.termination

Pros

Senseless management

Cons

Greedy owners

Overall a very good employer

Good management and a mix of staff. Some old school that are less friendly but some great friendly helpful people as well. Very good opportunities to get very busy quickly with conferences and cruise ships (when they are happening)

it's a good hotel to work

it's a good hotel to work there is a time that is crazy busy and there is a time that is slow i must say the work load is manageable compare to the other hotels.

Not bad. Good

Good. Can be much better. Great for family work life balance. Promotions can take time. Unnecessary cost cutting is the down point. Rest everything is fine

Poorly management system

This place has high turnover due to poor job satisfaction. There is no opportunity to improve your skills as well as your position. They will give you the position if they like, otherwise, you are not going to get it even you dedicated yourself to the company.

Very Serious Workplace

Silo'd culture. Seperated feeling from other departments. Good learning opportunity. Cache of property makes for good addition to resume. Hard to consider long term

I enjoyed working there during Expo '86. Made good money.

This is back in 1985. I went through 7 interviews (7000 people applied for 480 jobs) Strict, lots of rules. Paid well, good benefits. It has been sold since I worked there.

Productive and great workplace

I'm satisfied with this company, welcoming productive and a great workplace. I can only recommend it. I'm satisfied with this company, welcoming......

Learning work environment

Fun people (in the hotel) to work with Professional verbiage + manner is an asset Hard to climb after you get a supervisory role Management can be prejudiced

Save yourself

There are a few gems that continue to work here but for the most part the hotel will use and abuse their employee's with zero regard for mental health.

Pros

Decent Money

Cons

Management, Work environment, Gossip

Great

the pan is a great place to work, professional staff and opportunities for growth. Pay is competitive for front line colleagues and there is opportunity for a good work /life balance.

Decent job

The job itself is not hard. Fun? not really as you're constantly running around since you're the only staff in your position. Money wise ... The pay was alright but the tips were terrible .... great for slow times in the winter but sucks overall since you can't make walk away with more than 40$ in tips.

Great work environment

Very Good work place friendly people and great management team. Great people to work with. Being able to delicate tasks. I tend to do things myself. I loved the people I was working with vert professional and great work ethic.

Pros

Showers. staff food

Cons

Working all hours of the day and night

Best hotel I have ever worked for

The Pan Pacific provided me with a friendly and welcoming work environment. I came to the property because it was large and I was hoping for advancement opportunities, which is just what I got.

A good place to get a start and build your skills as well as for seasoned hospitality workers

The management team is very supportive of self improvement and hard workers. They seem progressive in work standards and safety. Co-workers are supportive.

Career Growth and environtment

The Pan Pacific Hotel was a great place to do my apprenticeship for culinary arts. the connections made and skills learned at this hotel will carry me through my career forever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pan Pacific Vancouver. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement