Pan Pacific Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Good management and a mix of staff. Some old school that are less friendly but some great friendly helpful people as well. Very good opportunities to get very busy quickly with conferences and cruise ships (when they are happening)
As soon as pandemic start they laid off many staffs and after 3 month without any proper communication you got the letter of termination.
Everyone can understand it is very difficult time for industry to survive but they treat the staff like s***. Can you guys believer for 3 month they didn’t send a single email or any updates what’s going on until u get a call about your terminations.termination
Pros
Senseless management
Cons
Greedy owners
it's a good hotel to work there is a time that is crazy busy and there is a time that is slow i must say the work load is manageable compare to the other hotels.
Good. Can be much better. Great for family work life balance. Promotions can take time. Unnecessary cost cutting is the down point. Rest everything is fine
This place has high turnover due to poor job satisfaction.
There is no opportunity to improve your skills as well as your position. They will give you the position if they like, otherwise, you are not going to get it even you dedicated yourself to the company.
Silo'd culture. Seperated feeling from other departments. Good learning opportunity. Cache of property makes for good addition to resume. Hard to consider long term
This is back in 1985. I went through 7 interviews (7000 people applied for 480 jobs) Strict, lots of rules. Paid well, good benefits. It has been sold since I worked there.
I'm satisfied with this company, welcoming productive and a great workplace. I can only recommend it. I'm satisfied with this company, welcoming......
Fun people (in the hotel) to work with
Professional verbiage + manner is an asset

Hard to climb after you get a supervisory role

Management can be prejudiced
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pan Pacific Vancouver?
There are a few gems that continue to work here but for the most part the hotel will use and abuse their employee's with zero regard for mental health.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Management, Work environment, Gossip
the pan is a great place to work, professional staff and opportunities for growth. Pay is competitive for front line colleagues and there is opportunity for a good work /life balance.
The job itself is not hard. Fun? not really as you're constantly running around since you're the only staff in your position. Money wise ... The pay was alright but the tips were terrible .... great for slow times in the winter but sucks overall since you can't make walk away with more than 40$ in tips.
Very Good work place friendly people and great management team. Great people to work with. Being able to delicate tasks. I tend to do things myself. I loved the people I was working with vert professional and great work ethic.
Pros
Showers. staff food
Cons
Working all hours of the day and night
The Pan Pacific provided me with a friendly and welcoming work environment. I came to the property because it was large and I was hoping for advancement opportunities, which is just what I got.
The management team is very supportive of self improvement and hard workers. They seem progressive in work standards and safety. Co-workers are supportive.
The Pan Pacific Hotel was a great place to do my apprenticeship for culinary arts.

the connections made and skills learned at this hotel will carry me through my career forever
I was at the Pan Pacific for the month of December. I had a wonderful time, I learned about hotel operations. Overall a good experience.