Paladin Technologies

Paladin Technologies Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
The only good thing about this company is the experience you gain from working with multiple systems in any environment you've assigned to.

Management needs to get a grip and start listening to their employees while they're busy taking up million dollar contracts. Project Managers are often hounded with sites and have to push and pull techs from the service coordinators because they have no choice.

Management gives preferences to employees that they "like". It is an extremely biased environment. Issuing complaints is often rebuked with, "well have you tried talking to them and explaining the situation?" Going to HR doesn't help, or barely helps. It's always a chain of command, and often is compared to playing broken telephone, unless you're injured on the job.

Company reviews take forever. I have not had my three month review. I have not had my yearly review. I have handed in my review work twice to three times, only to find from coworkers that management was wandering around asking other technicians I'd never worked with how my work ethic was, looking for anything to justify that I would not be receiving a pay raise / new position within the company. They then stated they would get to them later on in the year. It's been months.

This company needs to learn that the field employees drive the results, and that by limiting their people, they are limiting their results, making their people feel worthless. The only good thing about this company are the employees out in the field doing good work and willing to train you. Management needs to do better.
Typical day at work (Scarborough "Toronto Office")

- Usually informed the night before around 6-11pm, of where you will be for the week. (if your out of town usually 1-5 days notice depends who calls you, no really it depends on who calls you first...)

Option 1 (To Those Who Have Worked Here, You Know What I Mean)

- Onsite depending on who sold the job (proven track record by the way). "no map (find one - usually have to ask client), no material list (usually have to ask 3-4 people since the "Person" is unreachable unless they get CC'd on an email"), no complete Scope (common... seeing my point?), no address just a name of the company and city (if the company own more then 1 building in the city have fun..) - O How I WISH that I'm joking about this...

- Then you do what you can for the day and hope to God you finish the deadline and hope to God you make profit in the job and not get blamed for it if there is no profit made, OR you will do a Great Job! and someone else will take the credit for it no thanks, no great job, no nothing..

OR!

Option 2 (You Know Who You Are)

- Onsite depending on who sold the job "A Real Map, Full Scope, A Real Material list, A Real full information of client and address Plus Site Contact all UPDATED!"

- Depends on which "LEAD TECH" runs the site you will be used for what you are hired for or you will be picking up garbage and cleaning on the site, doing the heavy lifting, etc...

- Then go home when you do your 8 - 12 hours

- Do a great job and you will be mentioned on the emails as these people appreciate you.

What
 - more...
Pros
- Decent Pay, Decent Company Coverage, Van + Gas Card, Awesome Warehouse Manager
Cons
- Long hours, No growth, No team work, Lack of chain of command, Blame game train, A lot of people that lie in their resume saying they know stuff, A lot of empty promises...
I've been with Paladin Technologies for a few years now and in the last year there has been a lot of positive changes. Finally nice to see management listening to their staff. We have great Techs who enjoy working together.

Company also invests in their people by giving them training. Pay is good and same with benefits. Overall, really happy working here.
Very busy and lack of leadership with to many processes that are charged with out anyone being given informed. To many chiefs and not enough help. Always blaming the Fiedler workers when quotes where done wrong
This organization is made out of upper management who thinks they know how to run a business. By far the worst place you can work in this line of work. Not only is the work environment horrible but they don't offer any real perks. I strongly recommend no anyone working here, please think twice before you make a decision to jump ship.
Paladin Technologies has a great diversity of people that work there. There are many perks that come along with this job such as variety of shift choices, benefits, paid training, and paid breaks. The company is continuing to grow, and implement improvements that make it a better place to work.
Pros
-great office culture

-a lot of growth opportunities (ex: technician to project manager)

-supportive management

-many locations throughout Canada, making a transfer easy

Cons

-sometimes the work space can be a bit distracting (open concept)

-not much else bad to say!
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Distracting open concept office
I'm thrilled to have been working at Paladin Technologies for a year now. I have learned so much, and have been given so many educative opportunities. I can't imagine wanting to work with any other team.
- Knowledge capability to troubleshoot issues that arise within the panel or user errors in a uniform and effective way
- Knowledge of wiring and installing access control devices (eg. Keyscan card reader, annunciators, Proximity Tag Exciters, TRRs, POE devices, STI Push Buttons and Strobes, door strike)

Comprehension of installing CCTV cameras via PoE/Coaxial connectors and port forwarding
Nothing much to say...it’s an okay place depending which department you are in.

Culture wise, not a good one, but mostly you g kid, so, maturity is in need.
working with paladin has been great. everyone is super friendly and it makes for a great atmosphere. my direct manager is great and is always available to help get the work done with our team.
It's a great place to work where everyone works together as a team. There is some travel involved but lots of notice given and a great per diem to go with it, but a lot of the work seems to be local. They provide us training where needed, which is nice to finally see in a company. They provide a company truck that we get to bring home. Overall I have to say that I really enjoy working here.
the new VP and operations manager send you out of town on short notice to work Saturdays and stay in two star hotels. (bugs included in the reviews on this motel) Admin stays in four star hotels when they travel: so draw your own conclusions.
Pros
van to bring home
Cons
bedbugs to bring home
Official response from Paladin Technologies
26 September 2019
Paladin Technologies, and our third party travel company takes feedback like this and works to present suitable options for travel and accommodations.
long trips out of town on short notice and stay in terrible motels.
no advancement possibilities.

admin is clueless on how to treat technicians

no training, no certifications

no work and family life balance
Pros
company truck
Cons
always away from home
This company seems to care about their employees creating a positive work environment. They believe in developing their staff with lots of training and job shadowing. There is some travel to interesting areas but lots of notice is usually given. Definitely one of the top security companies I've worked for in all my years.
Great work life balance and great perks. Great management team responsive and provide good feedback. Lots of room to grow and lots of different aavenues
PTI was formed by the 2016 amalgamation of regional security integrators: PSS, BMS, Contava, and Marcom industries. Amalgamation issues combined with pre-amalgamation business issues have resulted in very high levels of turnover at all levels,regions, and positions within the company. Facilities, and practices vary greatly by region.

Co-workers new and old are great people.

Benefits are cost shared and basic. There are no retirement benefits.
Very Glossy advertisements about the company. there is no policy for the company and the employees are not every informed about anything. Very poor HR.

Just go and look around the company you will know the safety, There is a safety policy. Are all the location are followed??

a Manager who is very un cooperative and less motivate, All he knows is fire or give a bad rating. Is the low level employee is allowed to rate their bosses?

Every employee should come up and share their issues, only the it will be seen by the owners.
I had a great experience working for Paladin. There are a lot of great people working there. I have created many friendships that will last a lifetime. Moving from Alberta to BC, they were very accommodating and gave me a warm welcome when I arrived. They helped with accommodations and getting me situated in a new city.

I would definitely recommend working with Paladin to anyone who is looking to join a growing team.

I have recently moved back to Alberta and wish all the best to the Paladin team moving forward.
Pros
People, Wages, Flexibility
Cons
On boarding
Had a positive experience with this company, very formal and well sought after company in Canada for security defense. Management communication could be improved but overall very positive experience
No support from management, I worked as an operator here for awhile. They are very secretive and keep a handful of their employees favorites, and the rest they couldn’t care less about. It is all about the metrics. Being a 24/7 operation it’s hard to get the shifts that you want. Always under staffed because they can not retain their current employees because of the poor culture.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Everything else, Micromanagement