Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Paladin Security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 March 2018
A good stepping stone for someone who is looking to get into law enforcement, etc.

The experienced learned within my 2.5 years with the company have been beneficial, though the pay is terrible.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Terrible pay
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

comfortable workplace environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2018
This employer helped me learn and appreciate the value of teamwork. The team that you work with having your back is very important and management really hearing your concerns and taking them into account was very important. It was an enjoyable environment and culture to work in. The hardest part of the job was the shift length (it having been 12 hours). The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work every day and knowing that no two days are going to be the same.
Pros
new experiences every day
28 March 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience with our company. We're glad to hear that you were able to learn and appreciate the value of teamwork and found the environment to be dynamic and enjoyable. We hope you continue grow on the job, and we wish you all the best in your endeavors.

excellent
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB26 March 2018
The company is great asset to obtain high ranking position job.
I used to work for 8 hours at at specific location for 5 days. It was fun doing work with great company.
28 March 2018

Client sites can vary tremendously - quite interesting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2018
If you can afford to work less than full-time (<40 hours/wk) in the beginning, take your time and work at different sites until you find one you really like. Paladin is so large, with so many clients it is usually possibly to do this...
Pros
Easy job, nice people, respectful working environments
Cons
Low Pay
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience with our company.

Good place
Campus Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 March 2018
The hours may have been long to work at but it is alright. Lots of walking and sometimes it could be scary when you are working graveyard shifts. The pay is not bad.
Pros
good pay and benefits
28 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you were able to see some positives while working with our team. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Job differs from advertisement on website.
Security Guard/Mobile Patrol Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2018
Working as a security guard is easy enough most days. The work culture can be difficult however. Everything is about the "team" when they need something from you, but when it comes down to you needing to take some time, or turn down a shift, you are practically shamed. A lot of infighting among the ranks, and toxic people are often allowed to continue disrupting the team because they're friends with the right people.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
boring, stressful, poor culture
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take all input seriously to ensure that we better ourselves as a company. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Fantastic Company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 March 2018
I have been working for Paladin Security for almost 5 years. When initally starting I did not have a direct Manager and had to contact Senior Management with very small issues. They have always been fantastic with me and always willing to help when needed. Once getting a direct Manager it made it a lot easier to communicate with Management about other jobs, uniforms, pay roll, etc. I worked almost exclusively in Health Care and wouldn't have changed anything about it, the support from coworkers, staff at the hospital and management was really comforting and made the experience very enjoyable.
I had been recently promoted to an office position within the last few months and I feel with the training and support I received and the training I still am receiving I will flourish within my new position. I have learned that Paladin really strieves to build up guards and help them grow within Paladin.
Pros
I really enjoy the promotional, the caring aspect from Management, accommodating and very approachable.
Cons
Long hours and sometimes long travel times depending on where the job is.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We're so glad to hear that you have been able to flourish into different positions within the company. It is our strong belief that having a strong, dedicated and professional environment, in combination with employee care, allows us to leverage our team's potential. We hope you continue to realize your potential, and wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Awesome corporate culture, with opportunity for growth!
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2018
I have worked for Paladin for almost 8 years. I have had many promotions and endless support from the company. Even though they are a large company, they still take the time to care of their employees and the company has a family-feel.
Pros
Positive corporate culture, fun work environment, support, employee care
Cons
The company is growing extrememly fast
I would give 0 stars if I could
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
We have such high turnover at the site that I work at. almost every week there are people leaving and new people coming. Pay employees what they deserve. How do they expect employees to make a living off of the $12.15/hr pay that they give? part time employees do not get benefits which is a huge disappointment as there are some employees that have been committed to the company and working for 5+ years. its ridiculous. Consider applying elsewhere. Paladin is a complete waste of time and do not value there employees.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
extremely low wage.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take every feedback into consideration to better our business practices.

Great opportunities for learning and growth
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Great company to work for if you are wanting to make a difference, enjoy working with others and learning new things. No two days are exactly the same, but all of them are interesting.
Pros
Training, the people, the management team
Cons
Long hours sometimes
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you find the work environment to be dynamic and enjoyable.

Want to know more about Paladin Security?

Ask a question
Good company to work for. Lots of opportunities for training and advancement.
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 March 2018
I work for Paladin Security in Victoria, and I find it to be a positive and supportive working environment with a good culture of management support and promotion from within. The company is growing rapidly and taking over new contracts so there are lots of opportunities for training and advancement. There are lots of different work sites and positions, so you can find something that is a good fit for you. And for the industry, Paladin has some of the highest pay rates. The reason I've stayed so long is the company's continuous growth and the training and advancement opportunities I've been given.
Pros
Paid training, promotion from within, good company culture, support from management, good wages, benefits package.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you find the culture to be positive, supportive and enjoyable. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Great place to work with ample opportunity for growth
Security Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 March 2018
For me, Paladin Security has been a home away from home. Through the years as an Officer, no matter the site I worked at or the time of day I was working, each day was rewarding and helped me grow not only in the Security Industry, but on a personal level as well. I attribute my growth to the placement that the management team created for me - my skills were quickly identified and I was placed at sites that cultivated those skills to lead me to the management position I hold today. I would highly recommend Paladin to anyone that is seeking experience in any field, as the training and knowledge you gain will assist you in any career you are seeking.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with our team. It's great to hear that you find our Paladin Family to be truly genuine and we're glad to know that your skills are continuously utilized and improved each day.

Understanding Management and Great Staff
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2018
I have worked at paladin for 8 years and the branch I work in is wonderful. It is very much a family in Fort McMurray. I have grown to know the majority of the security officers that work in the field and they really care about the property and clients. The Management is understanding and accommodates to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Great Co-workers, managers that care
28 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find your local branch to be warm and wonderful!

Great Team, Growth and Development
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 March 2018
Joined Paladin as part of a merger/acquisition with another company a couple years ago and have been very impressed since. Managment is accessible and supportive of staff in the field. Tons of professional development available and advancment opportunity from company growth. Paladin is big on promoting from within so lower entry level pay scale is offset by advancment increases (think of it as getting paid to go through school), the company is also very vocal about appreciation and recognition.
Pros
Training, advancment, recognition, culture
Cons
Shift work to start
28 March 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with our company!

Excellent Growth Potential and Training
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 March 2018
3 years ago when I started here we had just over 80 employees working in Kelowna and 4 management staff in the office. Fast forward to March of 2018 and Kelowna has over 200 officers, 8 management staff and up 12 mobile vehicles on the road. The growth sustained has allowed many officers to move into supervisory and management roles within Kelowna.

Many candidates working within our HC program have used their experience to move on to careers within the Military, Law Enforcement and Health Care.
Pros
Free training, career planning
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Great company, great culture, and tonnes of opportunity to grow!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
This is the ONLY company to work for in the security industry. The company really has a strong corporate culture and is trying to do things differently in the security industry. They focus on providing top notch training, and most of their sites are high profile and a great place to learn new things and advance your skillset. Every week there are opportunities for advancement and the company prefers to promote from within rather than hire from outside. So many members of the management team are promotion success stories and it makes me feel like their decisions are based directly on their experiences at the front line level. I would definitely recommend Paladin to anyone wanting to contribute, growth their careers and help people.
Pros
Promotion from Within, Culture, Great Experience
Cons
Lots of opportunity for extra work, picking up shifts
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you find our whole corporate culture to be a strong one and our training top-notch. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Actual Review from Actual Managment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2018
Inasmuch as there will be folks who discount my review as "self-serving" and "invalid", I see extreme validity in management providing perspective, both to Executive and the broader employable public.

I've worked for Paladin for the past seven years and there have been occasional "downs" mixed in with mostly incredible "ups". The Company itself has seen incredible growth over the past five years, both in my market and nationally...this speaks not to incredible business acumen, which has an impact, albeit minor in my opinion; but more to WHO we are as a Company. The internal culture here is why we are successful, the way we treat all of our staff, and what we value on a day to day basis.

We recently held an appreciation event for all of our staff who had been with our Branch for over 5 years. 106 people, roughly 10% of our total group, were still with us after 5 years. In an industry where the average attrition horizon is 120 days; in one that has 30-35% annual turnover, that's an unbelievable statistic.

The bottom line is, all companies vie for the best available employees in the market.

The companies that are successful are the ones who excel in recruiting, developing, supporting, and promoting their people. They are the companies who never forget that it is truly about their people.

Paladin provides the best support and security programs that I've ever seen in the business. I'm acutely aware of what our competitors bring to the table in terms of a glossy prospectus and annual reports.

I'm also acutely aware of the fact that I am regularly hiring,
  more... retaining, and promoting their brightest and best security staff; usually after they have given the competition a three to six month field test.

I am completely serious when I say that we want to see folks who want to work, are willing to learn, and have a strong sense of pride in their day to day accomplishments. These are the people who fit with our culture at Paladin, and these are the people who we develop, retain, and promote.

Don't put me at the top of your list, put me at the bottom and make me work for it. Then, and only then, will you understand my commitment.
Pros
Excellent Training, Great HR Support, Competitive Wages, Pretty much every cost is carried by the Company for training, Uniforming, and License Renewals.
Cons
If you are looking for an "easy" job, we probably won't hire you.
28 March 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review about your experience with our company. Your input as a part of our management team offers a different perspective to those looking to grow into a career -- one that is dynamic and unlike any other.

Looking forward to a future with Paladin
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 March 2018
Quit my other job to start working at Paladin and I have never looked back! Great corporate culture, good hours, and decent starting wage. There is lots of room for advancement within the company because the it is always growing. Looking forward to my career with Paladin!
Pros
Healthy work/life balance, good hours, good starting wage
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We take pride in being able to grow our employees' skills and training them to their full potential. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Fun in an entry position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
with the right management and superiors you enjoy your duties, The director is not supportive when acquiring a new position. It is a trial and error situation and without the directors training and support, it is not possible to perform duties that are required. Reprimanded when failing to complete tasks that you are unaware of that are the tasks of the position you are in.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Director of Edmonton branch
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take all reviews into consideration in order to continuously improve our business practices.

Great Company with Amazing Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 March 2018
I'm coming up on nine years with Paladin this summer, and it's been an unimaginable journey for me! One that when I started, I never would've expected to be this long. I started out as a part-time Security Officer to earn some extra cash, and to gain related experience for a career in law enforcement. But after meeting some great people and being afforded opportunities to grow within the organization, I knew this was the place for me!
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you've found a career in security with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.