Paladin Security Pay & Benefits reviews

Awful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NS20 May 2018
This is a terrible company to work for.. pay is terrible with no raises and the work you to death. If you sick they once told me they'll hook me up to a "iv" in the night if im so sick.. and to call an ambulance becuase they cant keep people in the company becuase how bad they pay and treat there employees, they also rip the hospital's of by not providing the security officers it pays for sometimes leaving you under staff and in danger along with nursing staff. You also can't trust anyone in the company including other security guards becuase the only way to get noticed in this company is to tell on everyone about stuff any chance you can get. Tho there are some nice people that come in.. they don't stay long tho becuase of the company and how it's managed
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great company, great culture
Porfolio resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I enjoy working for Paladin. I enjoy coming to work every day, and have built a family here.

Paladin has arguably the best training programs in the business. Simply Put, paladin cares about quality.
Pros
Flexible schedules, excellent all inclusive benefits, tons of career advancement opportunties
16 May 2018

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear you are finding your work enjoyable and have been able to build a great relationship with your co-workers. We wish you all the best!

Different fields to cover
Broadway Tech Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2018
From healthcare officer to concierge, the experience differs. Such experiences were great for long term and short term skills for the next career; therefore on-going dispatch, writing reports and ensuring the site's safety develops multitasking and leadership skills
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Low wage
16 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our team.

Poor managment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2018
Poor management, they don't care about their workers, they play favourites, they do have good benefits if u are able to last the 3 months to get them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, do not back up their employees
16 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience during your time with our management team. We take every review on our company seriously as it provides us with insight to ensure continuous improvements on our business practices.

Good company to get into the security industry
Security Guard (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2018
Paladin has been great to me. For the last 2 years that I have been with Paladin, they have been able to give me shifts/sites that are relatively close to my workplace, unlike other security companies that expect you to commute long distances and not provide a closer site. They have amazing staff who actually are knowledgeable of the industry, respond to emails within a day (business days!). They recently started doing more events/activities for security guards. Management is really helpful and if you have an actual problem you can escalate it through them and they will deal with it appropriately. I learned a lot through their various certificates as well.

The only reason I switched companies is because Paladin lost the site's contract. The reason they lost the contract is extensive, but starts with the fact that in the last few months they started under-staffing the site quite a lot and their only solution to this was putting mobiles onsite. That is pretty alarming to think about considering how many people are employed for Paladin and likely live close to the site. Another thing is they only provided benefits for full-time/part-time workers, and if you are going to be or are already a casual guard like me, you are out of luck completely.
Pros
Events, charities, can escalate problems up if needed, responsive to emails
Cons
no benefits for casuals, management has become worse as of late
16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience in the two years that you were a part of our team. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Very poorly run buisness
Healthcare Shift Supervisor, Nova Scotia Hospital (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
The company does not care for the well being of their employees. States that it is competitive wages but really its not. Good if you like long shifts. Only perk is 4 on 4 off
Pros
acquire a lot of knowledge
Cons
terrible wage
16 May 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience with our team. Please get in touch with your local Employee Care Coordinator to address your concerns employment well-being. Thank you.

Health Care Operator /Alarm (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 April 2018
Friendly Staff
Good place to work if you go to school it is 24/7.
Very diverse Staff and respectful to others cultures. Supports many important charities.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of turn over in staff
25 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with our team!

Good Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
About the best you will find in the secruity field. They train well and will even pay for your boots. Many undeserving and immature co-workers at Paladin with a bad attitude, unfortunatley.
Pros
Training, paid expenses
Cons
Poor quality of co-workers
25 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with the team.

fun, productive. entertaining
Security guard (Current Employee) –  88 west pender17 April 2018
very good company for starting in security. lots of opportunities to progress throughout this company. the pay is very minimal at the beginning what starting.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
bad pay
25 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with our team.

Go elsewhere!
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 April 2018
Ridiculous expectations and most sites pay minimum wage. Time-in and experience not recognized by company. You'll be laughed at if you try to file a complaint.

Management has dollar signs in their eyes and treat guards like they are disposable assets. Go work for another company instead!
Pros
Lots of hours available.
Cons
Company operates like a pyramid scheme.

Want to know more about Paladin Security?

Ask a question
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2018
Overall, Paladin is a great place to work. The people, the culture, the management and the customers in my experience were all phenomenal to work with. My work and life balance was fantastic as I worked a six day on and six days off schedule. The salary was good, as it was steady income and the job security through hard work, management relations and recognition was consistent. The advancement opportunities can be limited, but they do have a promote from within culture, providing lots of training and career advancement tools through online training. In my personal experience, management was always great to me. The branch manager is now a personal friend, scheduling was always good to me, human resources had a very approachable and opened door policy. They do offer performer of the month and employee of the month incentives, which is fantastic. My only suggestion would be a raise structure based on performance, attendance and conformity. It would be nice to see annual raises or annual performance bonuses.
Pros
Job security, management, open door policy
11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and provide feedback to our team. We're glad to hear that you found your work-life balance fantastic and our management team great to work with. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Great Student Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
Great Job to do homework and experience for future careers, this is a great beginning job especially if you are looking to become a cop otherwise it is good for guaranteed hours and income
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you find some aspects of the job to be great!

Enjoyed what interactions I had with management / staff.
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2018
Dealing with management was good. They are very professional and helpful. Co-Workers will vary however. Fortunately if you are working with someone who is difficult there are plenty of alternative locations with many great, mature and capable people to work with. That said, actual work experience will vary. It can range from slow to suddenly busy. There are clear set rules, guidelines and documentation that all help with the job and once you find someone to work with that is capable of performing their job, you will learn a lot. If you feel like your not improving or aren't satisfied with the results of a situation. there's a good chance your learning from the wrong co-worker.
Pros
Training, Management, Opportunities for further learning.
Cons
Switching from day shift to night shift, more involved process to asking for raises (The Company wants to know that your improving, which is a great idea).
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad your experience in dealing with our management team is good and you find the job as a learning opportunity. We hope you continue to learn new skills on the job and ultimately grow within the company. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Very restrictive, Poor pay and benefits
Parking Enforcement Peace Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
I worked as Parking enforcement peace Officer with no real authority. Micro managed on every level. No value was given to employee input or ideas . pay was well below standard for the amount of abuse taken in this position.
Pros
peace office status, Bike patrol duty
Cons
Pay and benefits, no overtime
11 April 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take all feedback seriously so we continuously improve our business practices.

Bad pay for healthcare
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 April 2018
$13 for health care is way too low, getting bit or scratched is NOT worth $13.00/hr. Need to break 96hrs to get a reasonable paycheck thus concluding no social life because you need to amp up overtime.
Pros
Some staff members are fun
Cons
Pay is garbage
11 April 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We glad you found some pros while on the job. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.

Worst security company by far
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2018
Pay rate is horrible and not enough to live off. Management is unprofessional and does not care for employees. Same goes for site management. There’s no future with them as there are no benefits if you’re part-time. As a matter of fact, I worked with a full-timer who wasn’t given his benefits because management sensed he’s quitting. Sure enough they stalled til he quit.
Pros
Cons
Bad treatment and pay
11 April 2018

We apologize that this has been your experience with our team. We take all feedback seriously so we can improve on our business practices. Thank you for your honest review.

Paladin Security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 March 2018
A good stepping stone for someone who is looking to get into law enforcement, etc.

The experienced learned within my 2.5 years with the company have been beneficial, though the pay is terrible.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Terrible pay
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Client sites can vary tremendously - quite interesting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 March 2018
If you can afford to work less than full-time (<40 hours/wk) in the beginning, take your time and work at different sites until you find one you really like. Paladin is so large, with so many clients it is usually possibly to do this...
Pros
Easy job, nice people, respectful working environments
Cons
Low Pay
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience with our company.

Good place
Campus Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 March 2018
The hours may have been long to work at but it is alright. Lots of walking and sometimes it could be scary when you are working graveyard shifts. The pay is not bad.
Pros
good pay and benefits
28 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you were able to see some positives while working with our team. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

I would give 0 stars if I could
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2018
We have such high turnover at the site that I work at. almost every week there are people leaving and new people coming. Pay employees what they deserve. How do they expect employees to make a living off of the $12.15/hr pay that they give? part time employees do not get benefits which is a huge disappointment as there are some employees that have been committed to the company and working for 5+ years. its ridiculous. Consider applying elsewhere. Paladin is a complete waste of time and do not value there employees.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
extremely low wage.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take every feedback into consideration to better our business practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.