Paladin Security Pay & Benefits reviews

security officer
Security (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
poor communication with the workers, have to pay for your uniforms. sites are very limited. coworkers are very friendly and easy to get along with. good pay.
Great Work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 August 2018
I have been with Paladin for almost 7 Years. There has constantly been opportunity for advancement and promotions. Salaries are comparable with the local market. Management is always friendly and helpful.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Benefits, Free Uniforms, Yearly Boot Allowance, Constant Training
Great Experience Working With Paladin
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
It is a great working experience and i love to work with paladin and looking forward for a long term employment with paladin.All the staff is good and cooperative. Now i am working in a sunridge mall ,the supervisor the trainer all the staff is so cooperative that i love to work with them .I really thanks the paladin for hiring me.Thank You.
Pros
cooperative, benifits and many more
Cons
i dont find any cons in here.
good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 July 2018
Nice place to work. the salary is minimum which not the best part, but for students, it's a good place to start with. The best is traveling in other small towns..........
good company to work with
Security Guard/Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
good company to work with and works around your personal days too. some of the sites are boring but pay is good for the job and working with a really good team. management wise, they work with you and benefits are amazing.
Pros
work around your person life
Cons
nothing
Very understanding and supportive
Security Guard Watch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
Very very good company. Competitive wages. Benefits are great. Very friendly people. Flexible hours. Staff is very dedicated to their job. Easy to advance in your job.
Wasn't overly impressed
Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 July 2018
Worked for the company on site for a little under 2 years. Most of that time was spent on the Albian / Jackpine site as a fly in. Job was easy enough and the pay was decent but trying to get vacation time confirmation and properly fitting uniform proved to be difficult. Management at the time was inexperienced in the field and was rarely seen
bad
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2018
bad job for anyone tryna work full time and make good money in winnipeg manitoba, canada. try another company so that eou cna be a happy employee and develop skills
Pros
low pay
Your typical security industry
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2018
Paladin is your typical security industry. They do not care for your personal wellbeing, nor do they care for a living wage, if you like horrid work environments and subpar hourly rate then this is your company.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Horrible wages.
Decent job if you require experience
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS3 July 2018
Paladin Security pretends to be a company all about their employees, but almost the entire opposite is true. The pay is not worth the type of work (If working in Healthcare) and the management only cares about how they appear to the clients, not how they treat employees. Despite this, I enjoyed my time with the company due to my coworkers.
Pros
Good experience for any type of job
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, long hours
Not a terrible company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 June 2018
Great company to work for, down side is the pay, they will call you on your days off to work extra shifts at sites you might not know. worked for the company for 2.5 years and they have plenty of sites t o choose from
Pros
paid lunches, great advancement
Cons
pay
It Is Exactly What you are Promised
Security Guard (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2018
The training is great, they bring in very accomplished and knowledgable instructors. Scheduling can be hectic, not enough guards to go around and the trained ones don't want to do things they consider boring or beneath them. I very much appreciate what we do. Have had great and not so great partners, that s life. The only sad/negative thing about working here is the pay. It is exactly what you are promised but one cannot support a family on Security Guard wages (just a little over minimum wage). If not for that I would probably stay here as a career.
Pros
Lots of continued educational offerings. Ton of support from other guards.
Cons
Low pay to support a family or try to build a life on.
11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest feedback on your experience.

Awful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NS20 May 2018
This is a terrible company to work for.. pay is terrible with no raises and the work you to death. If you sick they once told me they'll hook me up to a "iv" in the night if im so sick.. and to call an ambulance becuase they cant keep people in the company becuase how bad they pay and treat there employees, they also rip the hospital's of by not providing the security officers it pays for sometimes leaving you under staff and in danger along with nursing staff. You also can't trust anyone in the company including other security guards becuase the only way to get noticed in this company is to tell on everyone about stuff any chance you can get. Tho there are some nice people that come in.. they don't stay long tho becuase of the company and how it's managed
Pros
Cons
Lots
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback into account to continuously improve business practices. Please reach out to your local Employee Care Coordinator to discuss any employment concerns you may have.

Its not to bad working for them.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 May 2018
Its not to bad working for them if you can put up with their bs and all the other stuff. Its tough getting some benefits after working so hard for them; not to mention, it's a dangerous job. I wish employers would treat and appreciate their good employees better.
Pros
Education, Travel, Toys
Cons
Dangerous
16 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on our company. We take all of these reviews seriously so we can continue to improve business practices.

Great company, great culture
Porfolio resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I enjoy working for Paladin. I enjoy coming to work every day, and have built a family here.

Paladin has arguably the best training programs in the business. Simply Put, paladin cares about quality.
Pros
Flexible schedules, excellent all inclusive benefits, tons of career advancement opportunties
16 May 2018

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear you are finding your work enjoyable and have been able to build a great relationship with your co-workers. We wish you all the best!

Different fields to cover
Broadway Tech Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2018
From healthcare officer to concierge, the experience differs. Such experiences were great for long term and short term skills for the next career; therefore on-going dispatch, writing reports and ensuring the site's safety develops multitasking and leadership skills
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Low wage
16 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our team.

Poor managment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2018
Poor management, they don't care about their workers, they play favourites, they do have good benefits if u are able to last the 3 months to get them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, do not back up their employees
16 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience during your time with our management team. We take every review on our company seriously as it provides us with insight to ensure continuous improvements on our business practices.

Good company to get into the security industry
Security Guard (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2018
Paladin has been great to me. For the last 2 years that I have been with Paladin, they have been able to give me shifts/sites that are relatively close to my workplace, unlike other security companies that expect you to commute long distances and not provide a closer site. They have amazing staff who actually are knowledgeable of the industry, respond to emails within a day (business days!). They recently started doing more events/activities for security guards. Management is really helpful and if you have an actual problem you can escalate it through them and they will deal with it appropriately. I learned a lot through their various certificates as well.

The only reason I switched companies is because Paladin lost the site's contract. The reason they lost the contract is extensive, but starts with the fact that in the last few months they started under-staffing the site quite a lot and their only solution to this was putting mobiles onsite. That is pretty alarming to think about considering how many people are employed for Paladin and likely live close to the site. Another thing is they only provided benefits for full-time/part-time workers, and if you are going to be or are already a casual guard like me, you are out of luck completely.
Pros
Events, charities, can escalate problems up if needed, responsive to emails
Cons
no benefits for casuals, management has become worse as of late
16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience in the two years that you were a part of our team. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Very poorly run buisness
Healthcare Shift Supervisor, Nova Scotia Hospital (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2018
The company does not care for the well being of their employees. States that it is competitive wages but really its not. Good if you like long shifts. Only perk is 4 on 4 off
Pros
acquire a lot of knowledge
Cons
terrible wage
16 May 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience with our team. Please get in touch with your local Employee Care Coordinator to address your concerns employment well-being. Thank you.

Health Care Operator /Alarm (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 April 2018
Friendly Staff
Good place to work if you go to school it is 24/7.
Very diverse Staff and respectful to others cultures. Supports many important charities.
Benefits
Cons
Lots of turn over in staff
25 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.