Paladin Security Pay & Benefits reviews

effective work environment with nice hours.
security guard (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB12 November 2018
love working here, nice hourly wage with benefits and most importantly for me there are weekend shifts that i can really use because i am a international student and have only time to work evenings or the weekends.
Pros
always different environment
Cons
no lunch breaks
An absolute joke if you work with Healthcare Security
Security Guard (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
Honestly one of the ugliest companies out there. Currently working as healthcare security and everything is just a mess. For starters, I work full time hours but scheduling is so bad, they didn't even slot me in for my regular scheduled shifts so I have to call them and remind them to slot me in.

Breaks are almost non-existent due to the work environment which is understandable. But there are supervisors that are SUPPOSE to relieve you for breaks but rarely show up and I end up getting my break 3 hours before the end of my shift.

The wage is VERY underwhelming. To put it simply, you're getting paid less than the cleaners. THE. CLEANERS!!! Keep in mind that you're working in a healthcare environment. Which means you're more prone to sicknesses and you put your life at risk with potentially volatile patients as well. What's worse is that the peace officer's are doing the same job as you but get paid WAY more than you do.

Do yourself a favor and don't work for this company because you will be treated like trash as you scrape the bottom of barrel for your bi-weekly paycheck.
Pros
Work environment can be fun, nursing staff are friendly
Cons
Long hours, low wages, unreliable scheduling, breaks are rarely given
Reliable Company
Senior Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 October 2018
PALADIN Security is one of the top 50 companies in whole Canada.
I have lots of respect for the management and their corporate culture.
With Full package benefits.
Pros
Best Medical insurance
Cons
Balance of work and life.
fun place to work if you enjoy shift work
Guard (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 October 2018
was in different roles and worked at many hospitals as well has warehouses. management was nice and easy to talk to! would definitely go back if they paid better
Pros
easy schedule to work with
Cons
not paid enough
Stressful, depressing and lies
Mobile Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
Management makes promises the stuff of pay raise. Two months after the meeting there was no pay raise. They want you to work extra hard because their clients were not happy with them. All that pressure goes onto the security staff. On top of all that they want you to do extra work for them at the end of your shift. After 16 hours shift they want to return to work back on time.
Pros
For mobiles there are hours
Cons
They expect you to clean their mess because they can't do it for themselves.
One of the Bestest Companies to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 September 2018
I worked for Paladin Security in Halifax and its the one of the best if not the best company i worked for beyond far , they are really understanding and they work with you . AMAZING management . Hours are always available Full Time , Part Time or Casual whatever you want .. i cant say enough good things about them . Some of the Jobs can be stressful however Paladin understands and again management is good and they work with you threw anything that you have to deal with .
Pros
Management is Great, Hours are amazing, Their Flexibility Theres so many Pros to the Job
Cons
Long Hours, Can be stressful at times
Rewarding Career and the Company to help get you there
Portfolio Resource Coordinator and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 September 2018
Paladin Security is one the most rewarding places to work.
It doesn't matter what your goals are coming in; Police Officer, Border, Corrections, Security Professional, etc. Paladin will help get you there!

When I started in 2011, I had no intention of still being with Paladin, this was a stepping stone, but you cannot help being submersed in the culture of Paladin Security. A place you actually enjoy coming into work everyday, surrounded by people you WANT to work with, serving people you enjoy helping.

Paladin believes in "Promotion from Within". in 2011, I started as a casual security guard. Before I knew it, by 2016, I was a Security Supervisor, and by 2017, part of Management as a Portfolio Resource Coordinator and Trainer!

One of the greatest things about our staff here at Paladin Security is the level of professionalism across the board. Our candidates are required to go through a 12-Step Selection Process so that we make sure we have the best of the best!

Come join an amazing team!
Pros
Paid lunches; Benefits, Career Advancement Opportunities; Best Managed Company
Cons
low paying industry
An excellent compay to work with if you are looking for a security job.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
A very well organized, excellent company to work with. They give you all the benefits like health insurance and paid vacations once you have worked with them for 6 months or more.
Good employer with several opportunities for learning new skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 September 2018
Worked here for 5 months in one town. I was told if I had ever moved to St John's, to call them up and they'd have a job waiting for me. Went into the office when I moved a year later and was offered a job right away. Worked for another 14 months, and during that time Recieved many emails about internal job postings for jobs in the area both at the same level of employment as well as advancement. Upper management very understanding when issues arrived where I needed time off. Very flexible for scheduling time off. A lot of employee perks available as well as medical/dental benefits.
Pros
Plenty of room for advancement/job change, medical/dental benefits, other perks, flexibility in schedule
A company for the short term
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
The majority of your shifts are at night. If you want the work they will find it for you. The more times you say yes to a shift the more they call you. The down fall is when you have problems at work they will move you (it might be good). If the problem deals with the client Paladin will always take the side of the client. Why? They want money more than they want employees. There are some shifts in the day, but they are hard to get. You get paid by the job site and most jobs are 14-15 dollars per hour.

Being in the industry a while I have seen other company's employees and Paladin still appears to be the better choice. Good luck in your search.
Pros
Lots of hours, they will also try to work around your availability
Cons
No back up when the employee is right, low wages.
First security job and great experience
Casual Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Overall, management, hr and co workers were very helpful and nice. Many opportunities were available with good pay and hours. Any site i worked at was very organised and prepared for any situations.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, pay
Cons
Long or short hours
Best Security Company I have worked with in 10 years
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Macleod, AB24 August 2018
Love the management, right there to help you when you need it. Best training I have had in 10 years of doing security.
I was 7 - 7, night security at local hospital, always found lots to do, as Paladin offers online courses, which I took advantage of.
Pay was a bit low in the beginning, but got a good raise , when I asked for it.
I really have nothing negative to say about Paladin in Lethbridge
Pros
Good management, excellent training
security officer
Security (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
poor communication with the workers, have to pay for your uniforms. sites are very limited. coworkers are very friendly and easy to get along with. good pay.
Great Work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 August 2018
I have been with Paladin for almost 7 Years. There has constantly been opportunity for advancement and promotions. Salaries are comparable with the local market. Management is always friendly and helpful.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Benefits, Free Uniforms, Yearly Boot Allowance, Constant Training
Great Experience Working With Paladin
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
It is a great working experience and i love to work with paladin and looking forward for a long term employment with paladin.All the staff is good and cooperative. Now i am working in a sunridge mall ,the supervisor the trainer all the staff is so cooperative that i love to work with them .I really thanks the paladin for hiring me.Thank You.
Pros
cooperative, benifits and many more
Cons
i dont find any cons in here.
Soul sucking
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South Calgary, AB10 August 2018
Ever wonder why there are always security jobs available?

If you want money, work this job temporary.

Orelse be prepared for

No breaks for 12 hours
Sometimes very rude supervisors
MANAGEMENT makes all the money. you are a number and a corporate slave

A good temporary solution
Pros
Ability to pick up extra shifts/ OT available depending on what you do
Cons
your a number--- not even. no breaks or respect from other guards, terrible working hours. terrible management honestly
good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 July 2018
Nice place to work. the salary is minimum which not the best part, but for students, it's a good place to start with. The best is traveling in other small towns..........
good company to work with
Security Guard/Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
good company to work with and works around your personal days too. some of the sites are boring but pay is good for the job and working with a really good team. management wise, they work with you and benefits are amazing.
Pros
work around your person life
Cons
nothing
Very understanding and supportive
Security Guard Watch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
Very very good company. Competitive wages. Benefits are great. Very friendly people. Flexible hours. Staff is very dedicated to their job. Easy to advance in your job.
Wasn't overly impressed
Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 July 2018
Worked for the company on site for a little under 2 years. Most of that time was spent on the Albian / Jackpine site as a fly in. Job was easy enough and the pay was decent but trying to get vacation time confirmation and properly fitting uniform proved to be difficult. Management at the time was inexperienced in the field and was rarely seen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.