Paladin Security Pay & Benefits reviews

The Security industry isn't what it should be
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 February 2019
Companies like this ruin the whole work culture around Security. The turn around rate is high so they treat you like a number. The management is the worst part, they don't care or seem to know about the inner workings of the security detail but they will tell you how they want it done.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not worth the hourly amount
Job is great for experience
ARU (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 February 2019
I understand the low wages from $14-$19 an hour. This company is the best experience to get into law enforcment. I am an ARU (Auxillary Reponse Unit) I spend most of my time in hospitals dealing with mental health, situations can be stressful but in the long run its the experience you need to get into any sort of law enforcement. Managment is great, I want to particularly point out that managment understands the employee and they do not micro manage. (5 star managment)
Pros
Great job sites, great co workers, great managment and great experience
Cons
Pay role mistakes, long hours, stressful situations, violent situations and minimum wage
nope
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS7 February 2019
nope nope nope nope boring as heck no raises for three years we take all the risks and receive no rewards. not recommended to anyone to work here. boring
ok if you need a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2019
Terrible company, horrible management, understaffed under payed. It is ok if you are just trying to make money as a second job and get a few extra hours in, but full timers have to deal with all the problems the company has.
Pros
pick up hours
Cons
nearly everything
Don't Work Here
Security Guard (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
If I could have given this company zero stars, I would have because they don't even deserve one star.
If you are a woman, this company will be particularity difficult for you, especially regrading uniform sizing, and sexism.
Management is very poor. They don't care about the staff, so any comments or complaints you have will not be heard.
The pay sucks. You work long hours in bad environments for minimum wage. There are many companies that have competitive wages... Paladin is not one of them. Neither me, or many of the people I worked with ever saw a pay raise, not even after a promotion.
Do yourself a favour and don't work here! Any other security company would be better than working for Paladin.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
low wages, long hours, no promotions, poor management, sexism
Great company
Security Guard/Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
great company to work side by side with and will accommodate with work hours and health benefits. some sites are okay to work at but some are not that great.
Pros
works with you as much as possible
Cons
management is not that great. depends who you work with
A good stepping stone job or other
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2019
A good way to start out your career before starting another potential job. The only complaint I have is the low pay, but the management and how well the company is organized, as well as the fact that everything is paid for and you don't have to pay a cent as long as you can commit to the 9 months, is perfectly fine with me.
Pros
Awesome managment
Cons
low pay
Good for experience. Horrid pay.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 January 2019
As of April 1st 2019 we will officially be paid minimum wage to work a security job. You're better off getting any other job that guarantees hours....
Pros
4 day week; good employees.
Cons
Horrid pay
Good place to work but not many benefits
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB9 January 2019
Overall a good place to work and no day is the same as another. Great people to work with and the mangement is down to earth and personable. Other then the long hours, I enjoyed the positon.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Long Hours
Good place
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2018
many sites and shifts available, scheduling is kinda useless. the managers are good but sometimes lazy. The sites are good and nice and always have good shifts and hours available.
Awesome corporate culture
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 December 2018
Ive enjoyed myself the most while working for paladin. I come home from work happy (most of the time). The benefits are a big plus (massage therapy included) ;)
Pros
Paid Breaks, Benefits package, Vacation pay
Cons
Pay is average.
Friendly and welcoming staff
AHS Protective Services Guard (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 December 2018
With a varying work environment, every day seems different from the rest. It's always an exciting day and you actually feel like your efforts are needed. Options and extra shifts are always available if needed and with benefits, it makes for a very good starting job and a job full of potential.
Pros
Varying work environment
Client oriented business model
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC ( Canada)17 December 2018
The satisfaction of both customers and employees seems to be a top priority. Our goal is always to please the customer, and we are given all the tools needed to do so. Benefits, milestone bonuses, reward vacation time, etc are all great.
Pros
Employees are valued. We're given the tools to succeed. Generous benefits, milestone bonuses, etc.
Cons
Nothing has stood out as negative.
Best company I've worked with
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)16 December 2018
Fair, honest people that know how to get results. I'd heard good things before I was hired and I was happy to find out everything was true. The pay is competitive, benefits are solid and our training program is the best around. The best thing though is that my managers actually care about my wellbeing and help me succeed at my job. I couldn't be happier with where I work.
Pros
Trustworthy employer. Competitive pay & benefits. Great training. Great managment.
Cons
We're expected to be dedicated to our job at all times.
Fast Growing Company
ID Station Site Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 December 2018
Good place to work if you are in with the right people, get on the wrong side and forget. Employee morale at H/O is never good but smaller centers are good. Grew too fast, tanked to fast, but managed to keep their heads above water, have some strong employees but typical all in who you know and what you are willing to do. Over work alot of employees with little gratitude.
Pros
Low Pay Scale
Cons
Not good upper Management
Clear path for rising in the company
Parking Valet (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)12 December 2018
Good results are recognized and rewarded. If you're able to pull make clients happy, you can expect to see raises and probably promotions, too. They do a great job of laying everything out clearly so we know what our goals are and what to expect when we hit them. Working with these guys has been great for me so far.
Pros
Success is rewarded. Clear expectations. Great staff.
Cons
Success is determined by individual results.
Better than nothing
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 December 2018
Stressful job dealing with a variety of people with mental health problems. Pay was low and few benefits, tough to make ends meet, had to have another job on the side to survive. Supervisors and managers were decent and would try to find a work site and schedule suitable for the employee. Work hours could be sporadic and constantly changeable.
Pros
Online learning program and links for pay and schedule.
Cons
Low pay, hours could be long, environment could be stressful.
Great place to start
Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2018
I spent a little over 5 years in Paladin Security and have moved around a bit with the company.

Most of the employees are technically entry level and Paladin does pay for your liscences and first aid. For the most part it's a great place to work and managers tend to be very understanding because most of them are former guards. They are also very encouraging towards other guards moving up or out of the company and love to see people move up. It's a great feeling

Job security is essentially guaranteed but your position isnt necessarily. What I mean is that you will always have the possibility of work even if you screw up at a site or a client doesn't like you for whatever reason, Paladin will place you somewhere else more suitable. There's plenty of employment opportunities and super easy to advance within the company. I have known people who became managers within a year and I took on supervisory roles within a few months.

A few cons are pay and hours. On average guards make between $14-18 an hour. This isn't Paladin's fault though, it's an industry problem because essentially all the other security companies are underbidding each other and creating a race to the bottom.

Still better than a lot of other places

The hours suck (you could be doing nights or evenings) but thats the reality of life: security is needed 24/7.
As long as you remain optimistic and make the best of the situation you will be fine.

I had a blast at Paladin and am very fortunate that it was part of my life.

I wouldn't say it's a job you can make a career out of (unless you move into
  more... investigations or management) but I had a great time  less
Pros
Fairly laid back job (most of the time). Good managers (mostly). Decent pay, decent benefits. Slightly flexible schedule. Easy to move up
Cons
Weird hours, pressure for overtime occasionally, alright pay
Highly recommend
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)3 December 2018
The work I have to do can be tedious at times, but it's rewarding and Paladin is always looking out for me. I've enjoyed earning promotions and I definitely feel like my efforts are recognized. The salaries are extremely fair for what the job is, and I've gotten more vacation every yer that I'v been there.Overall, I've been really happy with results I've gotten from the work I've put in with Paladin.
Pros
High work satisfaction. Clear path for growth. Excellent benefits. Healthy work/life balance.
Cons
Be prepared to tackle new challenges.
The culture is second to none! Makes coming to work easier.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 November 2018
Paladin security is a great company to work for. I can't speak for anyone else's experience but mine.

I've been in the security industry for over 13 years but been with Paladin for over 5 years now and it's been a great place to work. It's always been a great and positive work environment with great co-workers and leadership/management who genuinely care about your well being and success.

Obviously it's not a perfect company and they have things that can be improved just like any other company but I constantly see them making the effort to improve, learn and get better as they continue to massively grow. With that growth comes a lot of opportunities for those that are willing to work hard, be committed and grow to contribute to the "Paladin difference" on a daily basis.

Their promotion from within is second to none as I'm a true testimony and a result of it. They've also invested a lot of time and money in mine and others career advancement and I constantly see them continue to do so. For the those that are willing to learn, develop and grow, the opportunities are endless in all areas and departments of the company.
Pros
Consistent promotion from within, Amazing and caring management/leadership, Top corporate culture, Very positive work environment
Cons
Pay, benefits, wages in some areas, or positions that are deserving, could be a bit better, but security in general is a very competitive market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.