Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Great company with a variety of work available.
Security Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2019
Paladin Security Group Ltd. is a well managed company with a variety of work available throughout Canada. The wage differs depending on one's experience and job site. It is a great place to learn and train, since there are numerous positions one can pick from.
Pros
Training provided, variety of positions, paid break, Security Licence is paid for
Cons
May have to work OT if short staffed, wage not competitive
The Security industry isn't what it should be
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 February 2019
Companies like this ruin the whole work culture around Security. The turn around rate is high so they treat you like a number. The management is the worst part, they don't care or seem to know about the inner workings of the security detail but they will tell you how they want it done.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not worth the hourly amount
Job is great for experience
ARU (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 February 2019
I understand the low wages from $14-$19 an hour. This company is the best experience to get into law enforcment. I am an ARU (Auxillary Reponse Unit) I spend most of my time in hospitals dealing with mental health, situations can be stressful but in the long run its the experience you need to get into any sort of law enforcement. Managment is great, I want to particularly point out that managment understands the employee and they do not micro manage. (5 star managment)
Pros
Great job sites, great co workers, great managment and great experience
Cons
Pay role mistakes, long hours, stressful situations, violent situations and minimum wage
nope
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS7 February 2019
nope nope nope nope boring as heck no raises for three years we take all the risks and receive no rewards. not recommended to anyone to work here. boring
Excellent experience for young professionals
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2019
Paladin is great - they’re always giving young professionals opportunities to grow their career and make connections around the industry. With such a respected name, it looks really good to succeed there. Luckily management makes it easy to do, too. I’ve been really happy with the opportunities I’ve gotten there.
Pros
high-level experience, opportunities for young professionals, great employee support
Cons
I was expected to have a good bit of working knowledge before I was trained
Awesome management
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2019
I’ve had plenty of jobs before where I couldn’t stand my managers, and to be frank they always ended up being miserable work experiences. Thankfully the exact opposite is the case at Paladin. I don’t know how they’ve done it, but they’ve managed to hire the nicest and most helpful team of managers that I’ve ever worked with. My managers aren’t only great help on the job, but they’ve also become great friends outside of the office.
Pros
friendly, supportive management, awesome culture, rewarding work environment
Cons
busy days can be stressful
Good company, better people
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 February 2019
Kind, honest employers. I haven’t had any bad experiences. My supervisors have been helpful since day one and never give me any flak. Instead they’re actually supportive, and I can honestly say that they make my job easier. I really enjoy the team there too. I have fun at work a lot more often than I expected.
Pros
friendly team, helpful management, great culture
Cons
some shifts can be slow
great future
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2019
Working as security guard is a great challenge for me and i really love to do my job.Every day is new challenge and really enjoy to do it. As a guard I've to take care for each and everything on site.
Pros
good services
Cons
nothing
Great experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 January 2019
I was hired to an entry-level position a few years ago and it’s been a privilege to grow professionally with Paladin. Our leadership really took me under their wing to teach me and allow me to gain experience in multiple areas of the company. I feel like my professional skill-set is well suited for a long career just about anywhere now, and I couldn’t be more thankful.
Pros
great managers who teach, they hire from within, amazing team, tons of learning opportunities
Cons
none in my experience
Working at Paladin has been great
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2019
I’ve been at Paladin for over 2 years now and I’m not sure I’ve had a bad day, so I figured it’s time I left a review. In short, landing a job with these guys has been one of the best things that’s happened in my life. They’re incredibly generous and caring people who always have our best interests in mind and are always willing to listen, as well as act on our suggestions. I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
employee morale is important, generous company, great work environment
Cons
none, best people I’ve worked for
Family feel, team environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 January 2019
I've really enjoyed working at Paladin, it's been much better than some of the bigger places I've worked at where my supervisor didn't even know my name. At Paladin my supervisors actually took the time to get to know me, and I've even been able to meet several members of upper management, which I think is really cool. It's nice feeling like a valued member of the company.
Pros
cohesive team, friendly environment, caring management
Cons
nothing in particular
Fun, innovative place to work
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)28 January 2019
The best part about Paladin is that I get to do some really interesting work while meeting new people. I'm always working with the latest tools and learning new things from the people I work with. It all keeps the job really interesting for me.
Pros
Interesting work. Tools to succeed are provided. Advanced experience.
Cons
Tiring at times.
Poor with following through
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 January 2019
The promise of full time work only to be taken away cause of a medical issue that they wouldn't accommodate without a valid reason and still trying to get full time hours
ok if you need a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2019
Terrible company, horrible management, understaffed under payed. It is ok if you are just trying to make money as a second job and get a few extra hours in, but full timers have to deal with all the problems the company has.
Pros
pick up hours
Cons
nearly everything
Don't Work Here
Security Guard (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
If I could have given this company zero stars, I would have because they don't even deserve one star.
If you are a woman, this company will be particularity difficult for you, especially regrading uniform sizing, and sexism.
Management is very poor. They don't care about the staff, so any comments or complaints you have will not be heard.
The pay sucks. You work long hours in bad environments for minimum wage. There are many companies that have competitive wages... Paladin is not one of them. Neither me, or many of the people I worked with ever saw a pay raise, not even after a promotion.
Do yourself a favour and don't work here! Any other security company would be better than working for Paladin.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
low wages, long hours, no promotions, poor management, sexism
Excellent place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 January 2019
The managers have always been respectful and fair in my experience. The company structure is organized and there is never a shortage of work. It's been an enjoyable experience for me, so I'd definitely recommend applying.
Pros
fair, kind management, organized, steady work, fun environment
Cons
none for me
Great company
Security Guard/Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
great company to work side by side with and will accommodate with work hours and health benefits. some sites are okay to work at but some are not that great.
Pros
works with you as much as possible
Cons
management is not that great. depends who you work with
Great job but extremely under paid
Second in Command- 2IC (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 January 2019
I personally did the health care side of the job. Considering how dangerous the job was you were paid never little. The Job is a great career stepping stone but dont expect to retire on it
A good stepping stone job or other
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2019
A good way to start out your career before starting another potential job. The only complaint I have is the low pay, but the management and how well the company is organized, as well as the fact that everything is paid for and you don't have to pay a cent as long as you can commit to the 9 months, is perfectly fine with me.
Pros
Awesome managment
Cons
low pay
Very helpful
Secruity Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2019
A week training of very helpful material. Not paid training but it's very good none the less. Very knowledgeable instructors and helpful managers. Never a dull moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.