Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good employer with several opportunities for learning new skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 September 2018
Worked here for 5 months in one town. I was told if I had ever moved to St John's, to call them up and they'd have a job waiting for me. Went into the office when I moved a year later and was offered a job right away. Worked for another 14 months, and during that time Recieved many emails about internal job postings for jobs in the area both at the same level of employment as well as advancement. Upper management very understanding when issues arrived where I needed time off. Very flexible for scheduling time off. A lot of employee perks available as well as medical/dental benefits.
Pros
Plenty of room for advancement/job change, medical/dental benefits, other perks, flexibility in schedule
Highly recommend
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)3 December 2018
The work I have to do can be tedious at times, but it's rewarding and Paladin is always looking out for me. I've enjoyed earning promotions and I definitely feel like my efforts are recognized. The salaries are extremely fair for what the job is, and I've gotten more vacation every yer that I'v been there.Overall, I've been really happy with results I've gotten from the work I've put in with Paladin.
Pros
High work satisfaction. Clear path for growth. Excellent benefits. Healthy work/life balance.
Cons
Be prepared to tackle new challenges.
Rewarding Career and the Company to help get you there
Portfolio Resource Coordinator and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 September 2018
Paladin Security is one the most rewarding places to work.
It doesn't matter what your goals are coming in; Police Officer, Border, Corrections, Security Professional, etc. Paladin will help get you there!

When I started in 2011, I had no intention of still being with Paladin, this was a stepping stone, but you cannot help being submersed in the culture of Paladin Security. A place you actually enjoy coming into work everyday, surrounded by people you WANT to work with, serving people you enjoy helping.

Paladin believes in "Promotion from Within". in 2011, I started as a casual security guard. Before I knew it, by 2016, I was a Security Supervisor, and by 2017, part of Management as a Portfolio Resource Coordinator and Trainer!

One of the greatest things about our staff here at Paladin Security is the level of professionalism across the board. Our candidates are required to go through a 12-Step Selection Process so that we make sure we have the best of the best!

Come join an amazing team!
Pros
Paid lunches; Benefits, Career Advancement Opportunities; Best Managed Company
Cons
low paying industry
Stressful, depressing and lies
Mobile Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
Management makes promises the stuff of pay raise. Two months after the meeting there was no pay raise. They want you to work extra hard because their clients were not happy with them. All that pressure goes onto the security staff. On top of all that they want you to do extra work for them at the end of your shift. After 16 hours shift they want to return to work back on time.
Pros
For mobiles there are hours
Cons
They expect you to clean their mess because they can't do it for themselves.
Clear path for rising in the company
Parking Valet (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC (Canada)12 December 2018
Good results are recognized and rewarded. If you're able to pull make clients happy, you can expect to see raises and probably promotions, too. They do a great job of laying everything out clearly so we know what our goals are and what to expect when we hit them. Working with these guys has been great for me so far.
Pros
Success is rewarded. Clear expectations. Great staff.
Cons
Success is determined by individual results.
Best Security Company I have worked with in 10 years
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Macleod, AB24 August 2018
Love the management, right there to help you when you need it. Best training I have had in 10 years of doing security.
I was 7 - 7, night security at local hospital, always found lots to do, as Paladin offers online courses, which I took advantage of.
Pay was a bit low in the beginning, but got a good raise , when I asked for it.
I really have nothing negative to say about Paladin in Lethbridge
Pros
Good management, excellent training
Better than nothing
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 December 2018
Stressful job dealing with a variety of people with mental health problems. Pay was low and few benefits, tough to make ends meet, had to have another job on the side to survive. Supervisors and managers were decent and would try to find a work site and schedule suitable for the employee. Work hours could be sporadic and constantly changeable.
Pros
Online learning program and links for pay and schedule.
Cons
Low pay, hours could be long, environment could be stressful.
Awful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NS20 May 2018
This is a terrible company to work for.. pay is terrible with no raises and the work you to death. If you sick they once told me they'll hook me up to a "iv" in the night if im so sick.. and to call an ambulance becuase they cant keep people in the company becuase how bad they pay and treat there employees, they also rip the hospital's of by not providing the security officers it pays for sometimes leaving you under staff and in danger along with nursing staff. You also can't trust anyone in the company including other security guards becuase the only way to get noticed in this company is to tell on everyone about stuff any chance you can get. Tho there are some nice people that come in.. they don't stay long tho becuase of the company and how it's managed
Pros
Cons
Lots
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback into account to continuously improve business practices. Please reach out to your local Employee Care Coordinator to discuss any employment concerns you may have.

The culture is second to none! Makes coming to work easier.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 November 2018
Paladin security is a great company to work for. I can't speak for anyone else's experience but mine.

I've been in the security industry for over 13 years but been with Paladin for over 5 years now and it's been a great place to work. It's always been a great and positive work environment with great co-workers and leadership/management who genuinely care about your well being and success.

Obviously it's not a perfect company and they have things that can be improved just like any other company but I constantly see them making the effort to improve, learn and get better as they continue to massively grow. With that growth comes a lot of opportunities for those that are willing to work hard, be committed and grow to contribute to the "Paladin difference" on a daily basis.

Their promotion from within is second to none as I'm a true testimony and a result of it. They've also invested a lot of time and money in mine and others career advancement and I constantly see them continue to do so. For the those that are willing to learn, develop and grow, the opportunities are endless in all areas and departments of the company.
Pros
Consistent promotion from within, Amazing and caring management/leadership, Top corporate culture, Very positive work environment
Cons
Pay, benefits, wages in some areas, or positions that are deserving, could be a bit better, but security in general is a very competitive market.
Reliable Company
Senior Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 October 2018
PALADIN Security is one of the top 50 companies in whole Canada.
I have lots of respect for the management and their corporate culture.
With Full package benefits.
Pros
Best Medical insurance
Cons
Balance of work and life.
Great Work Environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 August 2018
I have been with Paladin for almost 7 Years. There has constantly been opportunity for advancement and promotions. Salaries are comparable with the local market. Management is always friendly and helpful.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Benefits, Free Uniforms, Yearly Boot Allowance, Constant Training
Great Experience Working With Paladin
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
It is a great working experience and i love to work with paladin and looking forward for a long term employment with paladin.All the staff is good and cooperative. Now i am working in a sunridge mall ,the supervisor the trainer all the staff is so cooperative that i love to work with them .I really thanks the paladin for hiring me.Thank You.
Pros
cooperative, benifits and many more
Cons
i dont find any cons in here.
Enjoyed what interactions I had with management / staff.
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2018
Dealing with management was good. They are very professional and helpful. Co-Workers will vary however. Fortunately if you are working with someone who is difficult there are plenty of alternative locations with many great, mature and capable people to work with. That said, actual work experience will vary. It can range from slow to suddenly busy. There are clear set rules, guidelines and documentation that all help with the job and once you find someone to work with that is capable of performing their job, you will learn a lot. If you feel like your not improving or aren't satisfied with the results of a situation. there's a good chance your learning from the wrong co-worker.
Pros
Training, Management, Opportunities for further learning.
Cons
Switching from day shift to night shift, more involved process to asking for raises (The Company wants to know that your improving, which is a great idea).
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad your experience in dealing with our management team is good and you find the job as a learning opportunity. We hope you continue to learn new skills on the job and ultimately grow within the company. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

effective work environment with nice hours.
security guard (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB12 November 2018
love working here, nice hourly wage with benefits and most importantly for me there are weekend shifts that i can really use because i am a international student and have only time to work evenings or the weekends.
Pros
always different environment
Cons
no lunch breaks
Good company to work for. Lots of opportunities for training and advancement.
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 March 2018
I work for Paladin Security in Victoria, and I find it to be a positive and supportive working environment with a good culture of management support and promotion from within. The company is growing rapidly and taking over new contracts so there are lots of opportunities for training and advancement. There are lots of different work sites and positions, so you can find something that is a good fit for you. And for the industry, Paladin has some of the highest pay rates. The reason I've stayed so long is the company's continuous growth and the training and advancement opportunities I've been given.
Pros
Paid training, promotion from within, good company culture, support from management, good wages, benefits package.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you find the culture to be positive, supportive and enjoyable. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

First security job and great experience
Casual Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Overall, management, hr and co workers were very helpful and nice. Many opportunities were available with good pay and hours. Any site i worked at was very organised and prepared for any situations.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, pay
Cons
Long or short hours
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2018
Overall, Paladin is a great place to work. The people, the culture, the management and the customers in my experience were all phenomenal to work with. My work and life balance was fantastic as I worked a six day on and six days off schedule. The salary was good, as it was steady income and the job security through hard work, management relations and recognition was consistent. The advancement opportunities can be limited, but they do have a promote from within culture, providing lots of training and career advancement tools through online training. In my personal experience, management was always great to me. The branch manager is now a personal friend, scheduling was always good to me, human resources had a very approachable and opened door policy. They do offer performer of the month and employee of the month incentives, which is fantastic. My only suggestion would be a raise structure based on performance, attendance and conformity. It would be nice to see annual raises or annual performance bonuses.
Pros
Job security, management, open door policy
11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and provide feedback to our team. We're glad to hear that you found your work-life balance fantastic and our management team great to work with. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

good company to work with
Security Guard/Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
good company to work with and works around your personal days too. some of the sites are boring but pay is good for the job and working with a really good team. management wise, they work with you and benefits are amazing.
Pros
work around your person life
Cons
nothing
Disapointing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
No opportunity for advancement. This organization will stretch you thin to simply fill a position while having absolutely no concern for their employees. You will often be told that you will be promoted only to stay exactly where you are. Training is left up to your superiors, with the expectation that they will do so and an "oh well" attitude when they dont. Management team has the capacity to be acceptable some days and others, depending on the mood they happen to be in, substaintually subpar. There have been many occasions where I have witnessed yelling matches between members of the management team, or rumours shared across the branch about the guards as if their information were a joke and not confidential in nature. The culture feels very similar to that of a high school. With Paladin, everything is face value. Your presence is never truly valued.
Pros
Guards
Cons
Waste of energy for nothing, poor management, lack of structure, poor planning, too many temporary fixes, no concern for employees, no opportunity for growth
An excellent compay to work with if you are looking for a security job.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
A very well organized, excellent company to work with. They give you all the benefits like health insurance and paid vacations once you have worked with them for 6 months or more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.