Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good times here.
Front-line Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 June 2018
Great place to get pre-policing experience. I would recommend this position to others who want to be police officers. It's good for that. The only concern is that it can be boring at times and lonely.
Pros
Outside work.
Cons
Outside work.
Good Hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
This position had a good workplace culture, the training was extensive and good information. The best part of this role was connecting with new people everyday.
Excellent Culture and Training
Uniformed LPO (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2018
I'm happy to be a part of this company; great managers, doesn't that say it all? The training and uniforms are major bonuses too, and the solid reputation that Paladin enjoys helps a load when your on site.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
As much work as you can handle.
Good place and supportive staff from bottom to top
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
Worked few weeks with Paladin. It has been a good experience. The management staff is open and always willing to help. Good training before you start and this gives you better confidence to be on the shift
Pros
Highly supportive staff and scheduling
Cons
Take time to find what works for you
7 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a good experience while working with our organization and found our management team to be open and willing to help. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.

Good team!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
This was a first job in Canada years ago. My manager helped me with lots of things, and was a very friendly. It isn't good pay, but it is security which is always not good pay

However, the manager always help make it so I can work while school too, so I always have a good schedule. Its maybe not good job for every, but good for me with school
Pros
Helpful boss
Cons
Not good pay
7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our company!

lobe the environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  SAFPC30 May 2018
I feel that the job relationship and the skills required should be commensurate with the AHS Peace officers period.
company exceprionally communicative
Pros
work environment and team
Cons
lack of wage for described Poisitions
7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Retail Security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 May 2018
Hi,

Retail security is interesting job to start in. You will be making decisions and approached by different type and level of people that venture in the mall.

If you want to improve yourself in being independent, responsible and critical thinking this might be something you would want to start out with.
Pros
Constant interaction with people.
Cons
Some days it could be boring.
7 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to see that you see some pros while on the job.

Terrible Comapny.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS Scotia Square.27 May 2018
This is probably the worst security company in the HRM in the ways of Wage, Management, Work Life Balance and Heath Concerns. The Management for Paladin Security Halifax are very poor and do not care about thier employees only the money behind it. The except 110% from you but give absolutely nothing in return. Sick? Forget about calling in, you would have more luck winning the lottery. Pay? Terrible, you get paid more working a fast food job (much less risk). When you first start they have this deceiving way of making it look like a caring company towards thier employees but in the end could care less about your Health, Family, or life. Worst company by far I have worked for and definitely worst Managers I have ever had.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Every little thing.
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our management team-- we can assure you that all of our management teams from coast to coast deeply care about all of our employees. Each of our branches have their own Employee Care Coordinator(s) to ensure every question is answered and every need is addressed. If you have any other concerns relating to your employment, please reach out to your local Halifax Employee Care Coordinators to discuss further. Thank you.

Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 May 2018
Paladin is really a good place to start from,they have caring people all around . The management is one big body that is ready to relate with the situation of the staff
Pros
50% Of lunch
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you find your local Paladin work environment and management team caring!

Best Managed Company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
I started working as Security Officer in August 2016 at MaRS Discovery District, which is one of the most significant innovation hubs in Canada. MaRS DD contains many research-based companies, who work together to build innovation. After looking at my work ethics and enthusiastic behaviour at work, Paladin Security promoted me as a Security supervisor. In my duty, I have to coordinate my team and also have to secure the large premise in Downtown, Toronto. Paladin Security is the well-managed company because we have right emergency protocols which makes work easy and comfortable.
7 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad to hear you are able to find more opportunities in the company. We hope you continue to hone the skills and gain the experience needed to reach your personal career goals!

Awful place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NS20 May 2018
This is a terrible company to work for.. pay is terrible with no raises and the work you to death. If you sick they once told me they'll hook me up to a "iv" in the night if im so sick.. and to call an ambulance becuase they cant keep people in the company becuase how bad they pay and treat there employees, they also rip the hospital's of by not providing the security officers it pays for sometimes leaving you under staff and in danger along with nursing staff. You also can't trust anyone in the company including other security guards becuase the only way to get noticed in this company is to tell on everyone about stuff any chance you can get. Tho there are some nice people that come in.. they don't stay long tho becuase of the company and how it's managed
Pros
Cons
Lots
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback into account to continuously improve business practices. Please reach out to your local Employee Care Coordinator to discuss any employment concerns you may have.

Paladin Healthcare
Alberta Health Services Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
It's the bread and butter for Paladin. Healthcare is very good to work with if you want a broad idea of security which consists of patrol, CCTV, Team lead cooperation.
7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on your experience with the company.

I loved my job most days
General/ Loss Prevention, Supervisor, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2018
I received four awards with Paladin.
I had a very traumatic incident, My doctor told me to take time off.
Paladin fired me.

I and 36 other people were in possible danger, no one came to help me even though I told them what was going on.
16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with our team. Please message us the complete details on our Facebook page and we will look into this matter further. Thank you.

Best Security Company in Lower Mainland
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 May 2018
I have been working for close to two year with the company. My overall experience has been very positive. Pay is better than most security companies, training is unprecedented, Work environment is mostly positive and management is quite reasonable in ensuring all issues are timely resolved.
16 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our team!

Its not to bad working for them.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 May 2018
Its not to bad working for them if you can put up with their bs and all the other stuff. Its tough getting some benefits after working so hard for them; not to mention, it's a dangerous job. I wish employers would treat and appreciate their good employees better.
Pros
Education, Travel, Toys
Cons
Dangerous
16 May 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on our company. We take all of these reviews seriously so we can continue to improve business practices.

Exceeded my expectations of a "security" company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2018
Paladin is a challenging place in terms of gaining new experiences. There have been a continuous stream of new things to look into and to learn from. I didn't know what to expect when I first started at the company, and to be frank I wasn't expecting a whole lot. So far, Paladin has exceeded my expectations when it comes to being challenged and to be able to learn. The management team is busy but are close with each other and although the company has grown rapidly, there's still a small company feel at the branch level. There are obvious growing pains that each organization feels as they grow, but Paladin has the right intentions and tries its best to do the best by its clients and employees. The degree of transparency is quite surprising.
Pros
Flexibility, stability and promotions from within
Cons
Resistant to change and although quite leading in terms of technology, less willing to consider new ways and ideas
16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our team! We value all feedback so we can continuously improve business practices.

paladin
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 May 2018
overall a good company but bad management I would recommend this company to people if u want experience but this company in my point of view is bad to employees
16 May 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We work hard to ensure all of our employees have a great experience with our team and we're very sorry to hear that you have not had a positive one during your time with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

An excellent place to grow if you put in the effort.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
Been with Paladin for many years. The company will do a great deal for you if you cultivate relationships with the management team. Everyone is there to help and doesn't want employees coming and going when they are so willing to invest.

Some treat it like a bicycle job to ride were you need to go, but their is so much positive here they are missing out. Great businesses are rare these days.
Pros
Strong managment, friendly people, room to grow.
Cons
Bad hours, dangerous work.
16 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our management team is dedicated to fostering a welcoming environment for all of our employees and we're glad to hear that you have been experiencing this with us. We hope you continue to hone the skills and experience for your personal growth! Good luck in all of your endeavors!

Great company, great culture
Porfolio resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I enjoy working for Paladin. I enjoy coming to work every day, and have built a family here.

Paladin has arguably the best training programs in the business. Simply Put, paladin cares about quality.
Pros
Flexible schedules, excellent all inclusive benefits, tons of career advancement opportunties
16 May 2018

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear you are finding your work enjoyable and have been able to build a great relationship with your co-workers. We wish you all the best!

Best company whether you want a job or start a career
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 May 2018
I started as a frontline Security Officer, not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. Eventually, I found a career within the company and loving every minute of it. There are challenges and it is fast paced but you really get out of it what you put into it. Be engaged, give it your 100% everyday and you will be rewarded with training/development and advancement opportunities. Just a warning, the competition is high so don’t expect things to just fall into your laps. If you are tenacious, ambitious, adapting, flexible and fun-loving, give Paladin a holler.
Pros
Advancement and growth
Cons
Extremely fast-paced
16 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in our promotions from within -- our management team itself is comprised of individuals who started as a frontline Security Officers. We're so excited to see that you are also an example of that! We hope you continue to gain the experience and grow the skills needed for the next steps of your career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.