Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Canada886 reviews
Featured review
Paladin Security selected this as a representative review
Back 10 years later
Started as a guard 10 years ago, it was rough, long hours proving yourself. It was all worth it. I became a Peace Officer with another company after 2.5 years with Paladin and advanced within Paladin from Casual to full time and eventually to supervisor shift lead. If you’re serious about a career in Law Enforcement this place to start! Get dedicated, work hard, and you will succeed! I appreciate Paladin so much 10 years later I’m back in a different position. Looking forward to many more years in the Paladin Family.
24 April 2020
What an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing. We pride ourselves on providing opportunities and skills that allow our people to reach their goals. We are happy to have you a part of the Paladin Family once again!
You're never right
The employees are never right in the eyes of the managers. They don't provide us with any training, yet they expect too much from us. The company also doesn't provide extra pay despite the current pandemic. What's worse is that the pay wasn't that good in the first place.
Fast paced environment
The workload was fast and furious in the operation centre during my time. May have changed but was not a very positive attitude in the room and made work difficult at times.
Paladin has some great staff
various sites although previous managers have the worst communication they are very hard to reach even in emergencies on the job site. Some big sites have no supetvisors leading to squabbles
Pros
Pay is better than most on some job sites
Cons
Managers are hard to reach.
Minimal Pay and Maximum effort
The pay is quite low as compared to what I was earning before. Their expectations are super high. You barely get a choice about where you will be placed and what your shifts will be. You are just expected to keep your head down and agree to whatever they say.
Work experience
Paladin by far is the most amazing company I have worked for. They really ensure you are ready to start the job confidently. On site simulations, etc.
My experience
My overall experience with Paladin is negative. They place me at a random site (Langara College) claiming it was an opportunity for advancement. All I did there was locking up doors and shutting down blinds for the majority of my 8 hrs shift. I quit the company after few months they wasted my time at that site. Never again!
I found it took a long time to get my training, and scheduling is/was a disappointment..
I loved the work, and where they placed me was perfect! I'm so disappointed I was let go, because of poor communication in scheduling. Also the uniforms seemed to take fore er, and did not have a selection of sizes. If they want you to look professional your clothes should fit properly.
Pros
Where I was placed.
Cons
Scheduling
High level of professionalism
1. Our management sees to it that there is a high level of professionalism
in the workplace at all times.

2. We are fully supported, so it makes our job motivating no matter how

demanding and tough it can be on some occasions.

3. I can take pride and drive at what I do because I am engaged and

satisfied.

4. The expectations of the company at my end are clearly defined so I

never have to perform tasks that are not communicated nor stated

unless there's a tight call for it.

5. We are taken care of with fair pay and perks. The environment is also

healthy for me physically and mentally.
I would not work for Paladin ever again
They will put you wherever they feel like lack of training for sites almost zero support HR person was inadequate for position and literally didn't care about your needs our concerns I would never recommend working for this company to anyone
very good
My experience is very good with paladin. I like this company very much. My managers and supervisors very nice. All of my bosses are very good and helpful.
Good company
I started my security job in paladin, they provide lots of trainings not for making other people safe, but also for safety of their employees. I am enjoying working them, i have learned alot of things, i would strongly recommend this company for people who look forward to go in police profession, through this company one will gain lots of experience.
productive
I have been working at Paladin Security Group for more than a year
My job have a steady income, Great team. We are also offered useful training and timely promotions.
Pros
secured income
24 April 2020
Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear you enjoy your team and appreciate our industry-leading training and promotion from within opportunities.
Unsecured security officers
Because of the lack of security and safety measures for security officers, I left my job here. I didn't want to continue working for a company who doesn't care about their employees safety and welfare. We are the front-liners of the company and we deserved to receive additional safety and hazard compensation because of the nature of our work.
24 April 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear you did not feel comfortable in your role. We always want to ensure our people feel safe and supported in their roles, and if not, to reach out to their managers or ECC's.

We agree that our team member’s efforts during this time are outstanding and well deserving of recognition. As a result, we are reviewing our current compensation structure with our clients in an effort to ensure our employees are properly acknowledged. In the meantime, if you have an outstanding employee that you would like to recognize, please submit their nomination for one of our monthly awards by reaching out to your local branch: https://paladinsecurity.com/find-a-location/
This company is just so bad that I can't think of anything good about it.
Cons:
This company is the epitome of incompetence. Management is unstructured, coordination among managers and employees is severely lacking. Also, the pay is very low, and the benefits are terrible. Everything that can go wrong here goes wrong on a usual basis. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros:

This company is just so bad that I can't think of anything good about it.
24 April 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your employment experience with us. Did you speak with your Employee Care Coordinator about the concerns you were experiencing?
gréât organization and management team
good culture with room for advancement should you prove yourself. very focused on culture and technical ability to properly provide service above and beyond the call of duty.
24 April 2020
Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the positive work culture and advancement opportunities we provide.
Great company
Great company to get experience with people and dealing with high-stress scenarios. If you're looking at advancing your career in law enforcement or emergency services then choose Palladin
24 April 2020
Thank you for your awesome review! We pride ourselves in our promotion from within philosophy, and are grateful to know you appreciated it as well.
Professional workplace
I worked parking patrol. Gets very cold in winter and constantly boring job especially you work graveyards. Occasionally i would kick out a homeless vagrant not much else ever happened.
24 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback! Being a Security Officer is not an easy job, and we are grateful for the hard work you put in to each and every one of your shifts.
Probably the worst company I’ve worked for
Probably the worst company I’ve worked for, This company is probably the cheapest security Company out there literally minimum wage for stuff that you should be getting $25 for only saying this is good for it has unlimited hours but at minimum wage pay management is terrible uniforms is like trying to pull teeth would recommend working here at off just an overall joke of a company
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, pay
24 April 2020
Thank you for sharing! We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your employment experience with us. Although pay can be a pain point, we provide our people with comprehensive benefits and monthly monetary award opportunities. We also encourage growth within our company, and we are sorry to hear you did not experience our promotion from within opportunities while you were employed with us.
All they can do is make promises
Compensation is unbelievable low and all they can do is make promises and let you believe that it all goes to the benefits you get instead of receiving actual cash. No matter how hard you work it won't be enough to get you a pay raise. Management should keep their promises and just give us the raise we deserve.
24 April 2020
Thank you for your review. We understand pay can be a pain point, which is why we also provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for promotion from within. We hope you brought up any concerns you were experiencing with your Employee Care Coordinator.
I had a good experience working with Paladin
Employees are given new, neat and complete uniform absolutely free. The management responds quickly to concerns raised by employees while working. There's no fear of losing your job due to the change in weather like during winter period.
24 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you feel supported in your position, and that you are receiving the guidance you need from your managers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.