Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
About the best you will find in the secruity field. They train well and will even pay for your boots. Many undeserving and immature co-workers at Paladin with a bad attitude, unfortunatley.
Pros
Training, paid expenses
Cons
Poor quality of co-workers
fun, productive. entertaining
Security guard (Current Employee) –  88 west pender17 April 2018
very good company for starting in security. lots of opportunities to progress throughout this company. the pay is very minimal at the beginning what starting.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
bad pay
Great Workplace to develop your skill set and build your resume.
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 April 2018
Great HR team who treat their staff as humans and not numbers. Management is available 24/7 providing round the clock support when needed.

Various contracts to suit your needs from mall security, condos, office towers, Healthcare, and now aviation.

Opportunities for advancement are always made available to site staff via their job postings.
Pros
Growth from within, All managers have been scouted through their work ethic and rewarded with careers
Cons
On call 24/7
Great Place to Work if You Want to Grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
I've worked for Paladin in Toronto for 10 years now and I've had an absolutely amazing experience. I've received a lot of training and support, have had an opportunity to grow in my career and have met some amazing people.

I've seen a ton of my coworkers move on to various law enforcement careers as well as into management position with Paladin or in the security industry.

I would highly recommend joining Paladin if you want to build your career.
Pros
Training & Support
Cons
High expections
Amazing Company
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Paladin Security Group is a great company to work for. The care they show to their employees and their organization is impeccable. I am very proud to call myself a Paladin Security Employee. I would highly recommend applying to Paladin security group if you are looking for a rewarding career, and life experience.
Pros
Free Uniform, Exemplary training
management needs improvement
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 April 2018
operations can never fill all sites with proper coverage, extra coverage requirements are always an issue, the union is useless, and the scheduling managers are never accountable to actually apply to the electronic schedules any changes of shifts or vacation time or time off (you have to be on them every day until they finally remember to input the changes).
Pros
hospital security experience is great
Cons
management
Great career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BC15 April 2018
Right from the start the unpaid training was hard on my family but paladin helped me before i even had my first shift. The hours available are amazing and yes i have felt pressured at times to take overtime i didn't want but i feel i have always been compensated with more then just pay (gratitude and leniency on tiredness). After only 7 month the "promote from within" aspect was shown to me with my first promotion. If you take pride in your work, Paladin will take pride in you.
Pros
Company will show pride in you if you show pride in the company.
Cons
Sometimes pressured into overtime you dont want
Go elsewhere!
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 April 2018
Ridiculous expectations and most sites pay minimum wage. Time-in and experience not recognized by company. You'll be laughed at if you try to file a complaint.

Management has dollar signs in their eyes and treat guards like they are disposable assets. Go work for another company instead!
Pros
Lots of hours available.
Cons
Company operates like a pyramid scheme.
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2018
Overall, Paladin is a great place to work. The people, the culture, the management and the customers in my experience were all phenomenal to work with. My work and life balance was fantastic as I worked a six day on and six days off schedule. The salary was good, as it was steady income and the job security through hard work, management relations and recognition was consistent. The advancement opportunities can be limited, but they do have a promote from within culture, providing lots of training and career advancement tools through online training. In my personal experience, management was always great to me. The branch manager is now a personal friend, scheduling was always good to me, human resources had a very approachable and opened door policy. They do offer performer of the month and employee of the month incentives, which is fantastic. My only suggestion would be a raise structure based on performance, attendance and conformity. It would be nice to see annual raises or annual performance bonuses.
Pros
Job security, management, open door policy
11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and provide feedback to our team. We're glad to hear that you found your work-life balance fantastic and our management team great to work with. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Great Student Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
Great Job to do homework and experience for future careers, this is a great beginning job especially if you are looking to become a cop otherwise it is good for guaranteed hours and income
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you find some aspects of the job to be great!

Great company to work for
Mobile Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 April 2018
I've been with Paladin Security since day 1 in Kelowna for 6yrs. I have enjoyed working here everyday. Paladin prides themselves on promoting from within. I can say this is true as I have moved my way up from security officer in healthcare to shift supervisor. I then went on to site supervisor, from their moved into the office scheduling and now the Mobile Client Service Manager.
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in having our people be promoted from within and we're glad to hear you are one of the prime examples! We wish you all the best!

Enjoyed what interactions I had with management / staff.
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2018
Dealing with management was good. They are very professional and helpful. Co-Workers will vary however. Fortunately if you are working with someone who is difficult there are plenty of alternative locations with many great, mature and capable people to work with. That said, actual work experience will vary. It can range from slow to suddenly busy. There are clear set rules, guidelines and documentation that all help with the job and once you find someone to work with that is capable of performing their job, you will learn a lot. If you feel like your not improving or aren't satisfied with the results of a situation. there's a good chance your learning from the wrong co-worker.
Pros
Training, Management, Opportunities for further learning.
Cons
Switching from day shift to night shift, more involved process to asking for raises (The Company wants to know that your improving, which is a great idea).
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad your experience in dealing with our management team is good and you find the job as a learning opportunity. We hope you continue to learn new skills on the job and ultimately grow within the company. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Best Training and Advancement Opportunities in the Security Industry
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2018
I initially started at Paladin thinking it would be a temporary job until something better came up.
I started as a guard but was given some great training. I liked my first site and the people and pretty quickly I was recognized by my supervisor. Paladin offered me more training and took it, and kept working hard. I have now received a number of promotions and love the company and love what I do.
I like the fact that I get to help people every day. I like that I get to protect people. I like that I keep learning, and that every day is completely different. Most of all I like the team work and the fun that I have with with my work friends.
If you are looking for a career in security, Paladin is growing faster than any other company in the industry for a reason. Promotion comes from within, so career growth comes fast for the right people.
Pros
Training. People. Advancement. Career growth.
Cons
In the early going, sometimes you have to be on call
11 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad to hear that you find your job to be a fulfilling one-- being able to help and protect people as well as continuously learning new skills and applying them on the job. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Very restrictive, Poor pay and benefits
Parking Enforcement Peace Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
I worked as Parking enforcement peace Officer with no real authority. Micro managed on every level. No value was given to employee input or ideas . pay was well below standard for the amount of abuse taken in this position.
Pros
peace office status, Bike patrol duty
Cons
Pay and benefits, no overtime
11 April 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We take all feedback seriously so we continuously improve our business practices.

A company that gives as much as it asks
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna4 April 2018
As an employee of Paladin, I feel I receive the necessary training, guidance and leadership to perform my day to day duties while being cognizant of the direction the company is moving towards. My supervisors recognize my strengths to best utilize my talents and give me assignments that are challenge enough to cultivate professional growth. I find my work satisfying and am made to feel like a vital member of the Paladin team.
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you are having a positive experience with your supervisors and are able to develop your talents on the job. We hope you continue to hone the skills to cultivate your professional growth, we wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors!

Bad pay for healthcare
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 April 2018
$13 for health care is way too low, getting bit or scratched is NOT worth $13.00/hr. Need to break 96hrs to get a reasonable paycheck thus concluding no social life because you need to amp up overtime.
Pros
Some staff members are fun
Cons
Pay is garbage
11 April 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We glad you found some pros while on the job. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.

The environment depended heavily on the attitudes of those on site.
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
While not all locations presented problems, some employees and management found numerous ways to make a site uncomfortable. The attitudes of those involved would either make a shift bearable or insufferable.
Pros
Paid security training and multiple sites for variety
Cons
Management was less than agreeable and some employees were penalized for inconsequential matters.
11 April 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We're glad you were able to find some pros while working with our team. We take all feedback seriously so we can ensure continuous improvement on our business practices. We wish you all the best on all of your future endeavors.

Worst security company by far
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2018
Pay rate is horrible and not enough to live off. Management is unprofessional and does not care for employees. Same goes for site management. There’s no future with them as there are no benefits if you’re part-time. As a matter of fact, I worked with a full-timer who wasn’t given his benefits because management sensed he’s quitting. Sure enough they stalled til he quit.
Pros
Cons
Bad treatment and pay
11 April 2018

We apologize that this has been your experience with our team. We take all feedback seriously so we can improve on our business practices. Thank you for your honest review.

Enjoy my job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 April 2018
I always enjoy the job deal with people and every day it was different then other.Different location and different kind of stuff to deal with,but at the end of the day you satisfied as of result of your job.
11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad you had an overall positive experience while on the job. We wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.

Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2018
Being a security guard is an exciting job, especially at Paladin. I've learned a lot and continue to learn more that I work. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of your shift because the amount of dedication I have for the job. Making sure everything is in order before I leave is what I strive for. I love working security, it is what I do best.
Pros
paid lunch
11 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your job and were able to learn a lot of skills on the job. We wish you all the best!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.