Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Found 1,056 reviews matching the search
As healthcare Security officer you won’t get paid very well for the type of job you will be doing. The situations in which you are risking your health and physical well-being are constant and $17/hr is just not good enough or fair. I really like working in healthcare because it has built my character and taught me To control my thoughts and feelings to make better decisions during very stressful situations, which is excellent for law enforcement.
Pros
Good experience for law enforcement, Character building, You’ll learn how to control yourself in high stress incidents
Cons
For the type of work you’ll do they pay is not reasonable. You are there for the experience, not for money.
16 March 2021
Thank you for your review. We understand that pay can be a pain point, which is why we also provide comprehensive benefits, monthly monetary awards, and promotion from within opportunities. Thank you for your hard work!
the job itself is easy, but the company is very poorly managed, hard work gets blatantly ignored, employee concerns get ignored, harassment and toxic work environments get ignored.Paladin will not acknowledge hard work or going above and beyond but will be very quick to discipline over petty issues. employees who spend their entire shift on their phones or who regularly call in or choose not to work will be offered pay incentives to work. where as employees who volunteer for extra work and put extra effort in will be denied pay incentives. once the company finds out that you are willing to take extra shifts they will demand you work 7 days a week and discipline you if the excessive hours cause your performance to declinecompany claims to have an open door policy but bringing forward issues that put the company in a bad light will be met with anger and argument from management
Pros
easy work
Cons
terrible management ad terrible pay
Poorly managed from the site level and up. Seniority means little to nothing. If you're looking for a job to work for now then it is great. If you're looking for a career then this isn't the company for you. Worked for a few years a guard and would often be overlooked for promotions or lateral moves and would be fed lines about how great i was for the position i was in. As an employee you're expected to place your loyalty to the company very high on your priority list. Over all the entire company has left a sour taste in my mouth. 100% would not recommend unless you literally have no where else to work.
Pros
There's a paycheque
Cons
Stressful
They care about their employees. Lots of training and ongoing online training. Would have stayed with company. But my previous employer called me back.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
I could not stay on as a casual
People come first. A company that knows how to value its employees and invests in their development. Nice training and supervision. They prioritize promotions from within and give ample opportunity for advancement. Good company to work for if you’re looking for long-term employment.
Pros
Competitive pay, good hours, uniform, help with certification
Cons
Having worked for several security agencies before, I could say that the working conditions are better here
I came from 2 previous companies and I have to say that this has been my best job so far. They help you with your licenses and their training program gives you a clear path to advance. It’s not a dead-end job and you definitely have something to look up to in the future.
Pros
Good hours from this job, stable job
Cons
Depending on your assignment, there could be a lot of standing or patrolling
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you like our training program and see a future with Paladin Security. Keep up the amazing work!
The main concern about this workplace is that the company was short-staffed often. The management was unable to retain good employees due to its rigid policies. I didn't stick here for long due to this reason only.
Pros
The pay is the only reason I joined this company.
9 April 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We hope that during your time with us, you were able to speak with your Employee Care Coordinator to address these issues.
They are professional and very supportive. I recommend it for those who want to be respected for their job and everything they do to keep the community safe.
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you feel valued and respected. Keep up the great work and thank you for being part of the Paladin Family!
Best team of security officers I have worked with. Well-organized and professionally run company. I had not problems with my posting and my supervisors are always there to make sure that I had everything I need.
Pros
Training, professional advancement
Cons
I have nothing to report here
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad you like our training and have opportunities to grow within Paladin Security. Thank you for being part of the Paladin family!
The pay was at par or even above similar jobs in the area. The company also offers a comprehensive set of perks and benefits as well as continuing training. Easy to get along with supervisors and fellow security officers. The people are friendlier, and the atmosphere is more relaxed here because the company promotes a culture of professionalism.
Pros
Company paid training and uniforms, help with certifications, clear career path
Cons
Can’t complain, I like working here
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you like the opportunity for growth and appreciate the professionalism we uphold. We are grateful to have you part of the Paladin family!
I had to go into Calgary for training for one week. During that week I drove into Calgary each day from out of town (1 hour drive). Suggest to have some level of physical fitness. You learn how to subdue subjects, how to use handcuffs using sparring partners by the end of the week. Position at end of training was health security at the local hospital. Nurses on site were not cooperative. Basically felt very alone, even though you received support from visiting security officers who would check on you during the night. Escorted patients to emergency as the doors were locked all night. Have to be able to deal with unruly people. Management does not have your back when nurses complain about you for doing your job. I lasted 4 months and I was out, no recourse. Paladin management was no help. Pay was good, this was about 9 years ago.
Pros
Steady hours, good pay.
Cons
You are on your own, Management does not have your back
9 April 2021
Currently an employee,co-workers are helpful almost feels like family.Very fast pace. Can be dangerous at times. Nurses are awesome and helpful. Some supervisors are not very nice but guess that goes with every job always one bad apple.Overall we have a great team.
Pros
Cons
Fast pace alot going on
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you are part of the team and glad to hear that you are enjoying your work environment. We understand that your role may be physically demanding but we appreciate all your efforts and thank you for being part of the Paladin family.
Being one of the largest security guard agencies, there is more than a big chance of moving up. I have seen so many of my fellow security officers move up from the ranks into a more supervisor position. They help you with the certificates and continuous training ensure that you get the necessary qualifications.
Pros
Comprehensive coverage, attractive wages, training
Cons
Long hours on your feet, comes with the job
9 April 2021
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our corporate culture and training program! We understand long hours can be very tiring, but we thank you for your hard work!
You never feel you’re just a number. They make you feel like you’re a member of a team. Culture of support that starts at the top and is practiced by everybody in a leadership position.My direct supervisor is easy to work with. Very responsive whenever I had any concerns and ready to help.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay, inclusive work environment
Cons
Nothing to report, I only see opportunities here
9 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you like our management team and feel supported in your role. Thank you for being part of the Paladin family!
A great opportunity for anyone looking for a long-term career as a security guard. Lots of room to grow and move up.Zero micromanagement. Lots of trust and autonomy once you prove yourself to be competent.
Pros
Employee recognition, help with certificates, competitive wages
Cons
Don’t have any complaints or negative feedback
16 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you enjoy our training program and corporate culture! Keep up the amazing work.
There is no job security. If you upset anyone in management for any reason, they will have you removed from any contract that you are working without any proper questioning or investigation.
Pros
Cons
Expected to provide own cold weather gear, management never does what is asked of them, always worried about being disciplined for no valid reason, supervisors and managers never show up on time
16 March 2021
The company really respects the guards that are employed here. The assignments are distributed fairly and there are regular breaks. The management is really devoted to helping us and giving us any assistance we might need. There is a room for growth – if you start as a casual, within a few months you get permanent assignments. The training when you first start working is really good and you gain a lot of experience which helps you in your further work. I highly recommend working for Paladin!
Pros
Flexible schedule, good union, fair management, great training
Cons
You might get a difficult client from time to time, but it is really rare so it’s not really a con. Overall, my experiences here have been really positive.
16 March 2021
Excellent organization, well-run company, highly professional work environment. It just feels good when you’re working with the biggest security companies in the country. There’s no shortage of possible posting locations and the opportunity to advance your career will always be there.Definitely not your run-of-the mill security gig. The company has got you covered with its health coverage plans or help with licenses or additional training.
Pros
Good hours, decent wages, solid benefits
Cons
Personally, I didn’t have any complaints with the job
16 March 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoy our heath coverage and benefits package. We are grateful to have you a part of the Paladin Family.
I worked at a college campus, where our job was both proactive and reactive. The client (college) was great to work with. They had clear expectations and trusted supervisors to handle the staff and issues. We acted as on campus first responders, so we went to all fire alarms, medical calls, verbal and physical disputes. When responding we always had a partner, so safety was never a concern. I also worked in parking enforcement at the same college. Supervisors were fantastic, but the college often took the view that "the students always right" so if people complained enough about tickets they'd all be voided, which was frustrating.On the guard side of things, supervisors and my partners were all fantastic. Training was very thorough, and I had no issue learning the job. However the underlying management of the company as a whole is terrible. Turn over rates are extremely high as the pay not worth all the work we are expected to do. Company management was very inconsistent in their punishment and responsibilities, often with conflicting expectations.
Pros
Good for experience if you get placed at the right site
Cons
Terrible company management and pay
16 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our training program. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We hope that during your time with us, you were able to speak with your Employee Care Coordinator to address these issues.
I started out in 2019 and got a referralto go to Grande Prairie Alberta. I am so happy I love my job and the people I work with are like family.This company has given me so much experience.I cannot even begin to thank them for all they have done for me.All I can say is what a wonderful job.Thank you so much.
16 March 2021
Thank you for your review! We are grateful to have you a part of the Paladin Family!
Fanatical kids who have no job experience other than Palladin running the office. They are more cheerleaders than managers. They seem to be on a very short leash and are only allowed to respond to your concerns with catch phrases and slogans. Dont complain about anything in your first 3 months or you will be fired. Complain after that and yours hours will disappear. Management lies about everything. The pay is a joke and the "benefits" are superficial at best. Very arrogant supervisors, almost all are cop-wannabees. Payroll mistakes are common, you need to keep very close watch on your paystubs. Many sites have no washroom access and you will be outdoors for the entire shift. If you phone mobile for relief they can take up to 3 hours to arrive and then threaten you with discipline because you went down the block to find a washroom. These guys are goofs!!! Stay away!
Pros
Cons
arrogant management, low pay, terrible hours
16 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize you did not have a good employment experience with us, and we hope you were able to inform your manager or Employee Care Coordinator about the issues you were facing. If you wish to speak further, we are more than happy to have a conversation with you! Please reach out to us on social media and we can connect you with a member on our People & Culture team.
  1. Employee reviews