Paladin Security

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Valuable experience, Benefits, and Ok insurancd.

Experience is the best thing this company has to offer. Whether its healthcare, construction, or retail. The pay is the only downside and the benefits help a little but not by a huge margin.

Abandoned

Paladin recieved a new contract somewhere else and the current contract became unimportant if feels.Most of the coworkers at me site were great but we were chronically short staffed.

Best security Company

Best security company i have ever work, they pay very good , as well as they are giving benifits life vacation pay , paid sick day of , or many more ,

Excellent training and supportive management

Wonderful job opportunity where employees are treated well with respect and driven to perform through varied ways of motivation. The supervisors are also supportive, we get all the guidance and support that we need to be good at our job. Expectations are reasonable and everyone is professional.

Pros

Consistent support from the management, good workflow, fair scheduling, certifications

Cons

Some postings seem to have shorter breaks as it varies.

It would be a great job if it wasn't for managnent

Honestly I really love where I work,and that's probably why it's so hard to be finally calling it quits at Paladin soon. Working in the healthcare environment is a tough environment and not for all, I understand that. But it is an exciting work mix for me and it has worked for years now for me. It would be helpful if we felt like we actually had managnent that cared about us and not just the profit they make from us.That being said the pay is definitely not enough. I've been bitten, scratched, punched, and hit by patients all in the course of my job. All of that with compensation that keeps shrinking as time goes on because Paladin doesn't increase salaries with inflation.Management is poor too. You rarely see them visit the site, or understand what the work environment is, more often than not an email is sent out in response to a situation that they don't understand the intricacies to. And if you do send management an email correcting or informing them of the situation you get an email back stating that your tone is inappropriate, treating you like a toddler asking their parents a question they don't like.Because of this and many other issues this is causing us to run short staffed. A shift that is supposed to have 10 guards on may only have half that, turning what can be a stressful day into a nightmarish backlog of stacked calls and angry clinical staff as you try to balance the needs of the hospital to your dwindling resources. A lot of guards are leaving or are planning on leaving because of the mess being created by managnent.This is also leaving a lot of inexperienced -

Demeaning and fruitless place to work

From management to your coworkers, everyone is out for themselves and won't lift a finger to do anything unless there is an incentive to. Coworkers are just there for a pay check, there are a handful to the exception but the majority are there to get through the shift.

No respect for the employees

Despite the nice and friendly work atmosphere and colleagues, the overall management is really lacking. Security guards are often forced to work for extended hours. You can technically say no, but you'll get disapproving faces from your superiors to guilt trip you. The managers have no respect for your work-life balance. They only want you to do as they say without any question. This company has no respect for its employees

Pros

If you ask anyone who worked in this company what they like about it, I bet that most would answer the friendly co-workers and work atmosphere.

This place was where I worked for three years. The reason why I left was for a better paying job which I do still work for around 15 years December 3.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Low pay

Great Company

I loved working in this company. Management is really supportive. They really care about you and try to give you best possible help. I just love working with this company.

Productive and good experience

Got to work at various job sites and enjoyed working a guard with Paladin. It was a good experience and taught me a lot of skills and provided hands-on training.

Company that builds careers

Your Review: Organization that cares for their employees. They offer real opportunities for advancement and locations to choose from. My supervisors are always there to give guidance and fair whenever distributing tasks or assigning shifts.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, training with advancement opportunities

Cons

Nothing really strikes me as something negative here

Overall great management from the Zone Supervisors to the CSM of Southern Alberta Paladin. Decent pay for the work and benefits as well!

Im very glad i worked at Paladin Security for a year and 2 months. They taught me how to handcuff people, how to manage aggressive behavior and they paid for me to get my First Aid & CPR certification! It was a very fun experience with some amazing people that i wish i still worked with. I had to leave due to stress management issues but that had nothing to do with the work environment. Looking bad im glad i took the opportunity and it served me well.

Pros

Decent wage since most shifts are 12 hours and management is very accommodating and helpful!

Cons

Long hours sitting in one place can cause severe boredom, small stints of excitement if your lucky, Most shifts drag, Some coworkers can make work harder than it needs to be

Don't do it

Run.You can do better.They don't care about their staff.They will work you to the bone because they never have enough staff to fill all the positions they have available.Management knows nothing about their sites.

Dead end with poor management

Pays okay but works hard and bad work life balance. Rotating nights and days wear you down after awhile and there's no escape from it. I would only recommend it as a place holderwhile you apply else where.

Management effectively handles employee and workflow

The dedication of the management in making sure that we have ideal working conditions. We get all the support that we need, even with certifications and training which are necessary for the job. Any issues that may arise are resolved as soon as possible.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, friendly coworkers, consistent management

Cons

The rules are strict but they exist for a reason.

Great workplace and lots of available training

I have worked with Paladin for 3 years and it’s a company you can grow with and advance if you apply yourself, such as the company provided training designed to help you improve and develop further skills as well as available management whenever needed. Will stay until I retire or as long as I can!

They are good and give you plenty of hoursManagement is little rudeFavoraticism is at the highest levelGive 16 dollar per hour same as most of the industry pay ratePay on time No growth

They are responsible and quick response to everyone.

They are responsible work efficiently and effectively in all areas where they serve. They reply everyone who apply to them moreover they provide lots of benefits to their employees like different reimbursements either related to dress shoes travel health. They are multitasking and super helpful for their employees.

Excellent employee support system

It feels like one big community. Shift supervisors are easy to reach whenever we have concerns. This is the first time I had confidence in my company. Looking forward to growing and moving up. Long term job opportunity for those who want a career in security.

Do not work here

This company absolutely sucks the life out of their employees.Management promotes a toxic environment by enabling other employees to make up reasons to have managers turn into meatheads.Management likes to holler at employees for absolutely no reason at all.

Pros

Waking up

Cons

Mental abuse, stress, verbal and mental abuse

Not fair treatment Micromanage by co worker and then she report to supervisor Judged

Micromanage Watching like a hawk Listen to your messages and conversations Being spied on Hard to get breaks or almost you felt guilty Had phone conversations listened

Pros

Group activity

Cons

Breaks not easy to get

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement