PAL Aerospace

PAL Aerospace Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Fast Pace & Fun Evironment
Very fast Pace Environment . Lots of information to obtain in a short period of time . Good Morale & always willing to help. Great place to work. :) :)
Very Supportive Managment Team
I never once felt as though I was being forced to sink or swim, I was always supported in every aspect of setting up my warehouse.
There have been plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in my field.
Poor
Poor experience so far. Very toxic atmosphere with poor people skills and managers who complain bitterly. Would not recommend this place to anyone wishing to advance in their career. Sorry to say.
Great experience
I taught first year students in maths and statistics. This was a very useful experience for me as it helped build my confidence level whilst allowing me to help other students strengthen their skillset
Pros
Confidence building
Cons
Short spell
If you have experience do not work at PAL.
Thing you may need to know before working for Pal Aerospace:

- Policy and procedures are for non Management only.

- You will be hired for you experience , but you are not aloud to use it.

- If you like to make thing better for you and your co-workers and the Management did not come up with the idea, forget it.

- If you are not in the "GANG" people there with 20 years or more you soon will let go.

- If you like not knowing if you you will still have a job in the morning work here. Hire and lay off staff on a daily bases.

- If you like working for a company at likes wasting money on various mistakes(just get it done attitude, Management way)

GOOD LUCK,
Pros
Non
Terrible Work Environment
IF YOU TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK DON'T WORK AT PAL. Management are dishonest. Nepotism! Terrible safety and quality practices. As a result moral is extremely low. Before you apply find out how many in that role PAL has gone through in past few years. Example: 4 managers in 4 years. None were suitable for the "unique" personality of Director and the Director's relationship with upper management. A lot of pencil whipping, and favoritism. New ideas from anyone other than top management are ignored. Poor control over significant safety issues for aircraft and employees.
Pros
In St. John's
Cons
Many - dishonest management, low moral
It isn't what you know!..It's WHO!!
work/life balance? they just want you to work for them, no questions, just do as they say. And MUST be on their schedule(which is changed daily!!)
Salary/Benefits? Salary is low at best, the pay(salary or hourly) is cheap, don't expect no big raises, no matter how hard you work. Or how much you do for them.

Job Security/Advancement? HA HA!! They fire you at will, if the higher ups like you, you'll last a little longer, but if even one of them don't, you can say goodbye. Advancement only comes if you know some of the higher ups; no special treatment here unless your related or besties. And no chance of getting a good job, they do the hiring for the better paying jobs without posting, or go external!

Management? The good ones(very few) are hidden and don't have a chance to interact with the employees because they are loaded with way to much work. The rest? Can do what they want, when they want, to whomever they want, with no repercussions, Because they can.(TOO MANY CHEIFS, NOT ENOUGH INDIANS)

Culture? They lower end of ladder staff (The ones that get crapped on) are the BEST! Moral in the company is not good, at all, but the staff at the bottom are the BEST.
Pros
Lower ladder staff.
Cons
All the Cheifs. FIND NEW ONES!!
Poor work environment
The moral in the Halifax location is very low. You are spoken at, not to, in a very unprofessional manor here. There is no leadership whatsoever from management. There is no such thing as thank you for going the extra mile. Staff is at an all time low, and relationships between staff and management are tense. If you want customers to love your company, first your staff must love your company. With customers going to the competition at an exponential rate, it shows how unhappy people are working at PAL.

After working for this company for many years, it is my recommendation you do not waste your time here like I did.
Pros
Tons of hours
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible company
Low budget company, An accident waiting to happen. Low wages and management at the Halifax FBO is embarassing. With this company its not what you know its who you know. They can't keep staff there, they constantly have job postings. Very little training and high expectations of their staff. Go work elsewhere.
Pros
Working with aircraft
Cons
Management, they have untrained people in high positions
Productive Learning
• Tutored students in Mathematic Applications
• Worked with instructors and students to promote positive

retention of course materials

• Lead meetings of 20-30 students
Enjoyable place to work, rapidly expanding team and potential to grow.
A great place to work, interesting people, open door policy, friendly environment and management that allows people to grow to their full potential. PAL is rapidly growing which is an amazing thing to be a part of.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Open door policy, Great location
Really enjoyed working here. The people were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was the split shifts. I really enjoyed working with the public.
PAL experience was horrific
Nepotism is a big problem. The culture is toxic due to fear. Management keep employees in the dark and keep them fearing for their jobs. I witnessed this in several areas. Also very poor quality and safety management. To name just 2 things from many witnessed:
Materials that had been expired were used without proper testing. Safety lines that maintenance workers use to hang from ceiling were not inspected within established time frames; certificate of inspection was falsified.
Pros
Location?
Cons
Nepotism, POOR management
Stay away, they have no idea how to treat ppl
I would suggest you stay as far away from this place as possible. Abusive management and Human Resources "leadership" that could not be less leadership if they tried.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
corrupt management
Summer Office
Working for PAL, Performance of the Art Lodge, was a treat. This job gave me the experience of workings in an office setting. My task included data entry, organizing the office and doing other task for the building. This job allowed me to look professional and to gather exceptional office experience.
Not a good place
A small company setting, where you have to do everything. Just jump in and do the work. No formal training. Unclear guidelines. Minimal benefit
Pros
quite flexible hours
Cons
no guildelines. no support