Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI

Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI Management reviews

Canada18 reviews
working for this company and be stressful especially working at night shift 5 days a week but overall is a nice and friendly place to work and friendly environment although the management system is awkward
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
managment
The job itself is rather easy now, however everything else about it is awful. You will not be treated fairly, everything comes down to favouritism. Which is rather normal in this area. Only concern is meeting nightly deadlines.
It was a honour working with them.All Management peoples are friendly and cooperative.I learn so many things from this company, it was a great experience of my life, i miss all those my friends.
I come into the job with no disillusions. Being a meat packing plant, the job is in a wet environment, with varying temperatures along with dangerous chemicals and high pressure hoses.

I actually did not mind the job it's self. The company does take safety seriously which is also good.

The management is a bit skewed as there are about 5 foremen and just as many supervisors for a maximum of a 25 man crew on shift.

You really need to watch and have a personal record of your hours or you most likely will get shorted on pay.

Equipment maintenance and availability was an issue. To be fair, the local management does the best they can with the budget they are given to work with.

Many times there was not enough hoses for every worker or the chemical manifolds were malfunctioning. I had a number of shifts where I only had 4 hours to get my area finished because of this issue.

Although there were a few good individuals I worked with, the coworkers were the primary reason why I left the job. The senior group of workers will gang up on you, especially if they feel threatened by you, such as outperforming them while only being on the job for a few weeks.

As an example, a worker (foreman) who cleaned a neighbouring area to my own area, would wait until I had cleaned along our border and then push and spray all his equipment and floor debris into my freshly cleaned area and underneath some of the freshly cleaned equipment so it looked like I was missing those spots. He would also spray me down with water at the beginning of the shift, making it look like it was accidental.
 - more...
Pros
Benefits after 3 months, paid 8 hours for 6 hours of actual labour
Cons
Low pay for work being done, vindictive jerks for coworkers
Terrible place to work !!! Management not willing to help with any problems that arise They say bring any problems to us then give you heck for bothering them !! Seem to favor having foreign workers so they can force them to do what's needed !! Severely under staffed and under supervised as only 1 supervisor for 24/7 operation !! My advice is to keep looking !!
Cons
Horrific work with fellow employees that ditch out as soon as the actual work comes. Supervisors and management are liars and could care less for the well being and rights of employees.
Pros
Cons
Many
my coworkers were great but the supervisors are useless and allow employees to be openly disrespected and fire them for no good reason. dont work at erie meats in listowel its horrible!!
Cons
poorly paid
its alright overall getting used to grave yard shift takes a bit to get used to but if your used to it and dont mind getting wit by all means not a bad company to work for
Pros
short hours
Cons
bad management
My time there started ok, but quickly became toxic. the managers were rude and not very patient at all. I was protected on several occasions but in the end the employee is always expendable
Pros
Cons
many
Very low paying for work expected, Unfortunately they are very biased towards immigrant workers and pay them 60hrs a week but only pay born citizens 40hrs even though both workers do same amount of hrs. Woman are openly harassed and discriminated against. Management will freely threaten recriminations to anyone who attempts to stand up for their human rights and labour law.
Pros
None, it’s a job
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI?