Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI
Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI Employee Review

Learned a lot of skills

20 November 2019
I have learned a lot of experiences working over there.It also have equipped me with additional knowledge on how to work in a fast paced environment. It pays almost minimum amount of money and doesn't have benefits. T
1 July 2020
Same roleSame location
Great managment the 2 guys running c shift are great guys to work with, the trainers are really easy to learn from. There is a need for pride in your work and pressure to complete the given tasks on time and in an effective manner. If you can meet your deadlines the job will go smoothly for you and everything else will take care of itself. Big bonus if you can count to ten and know left from right ...
Pros
40 plus hours a week with ot
20 July 2019
I come into the job with no disillusions. Being a meat packing plant, the job is in a wet environment, with varying temperatures along with dangerous chemicals and high pressure hoses.

I actually did not mind the job it's self. The company does take safety seriously which is also good.

The management is a bit skewed as there are about 5 foremen and just as many supervisors for a maximum of a 25 man crew on shift.

You really need to watch and have a personal record of your hours or you most likely will get shorted on pay.

Equipment maintenance and availability was an issue. To be fair, the local management does the best they can with the budget they are given to work with.

Many times there was not enough hoses for every worker or the chemical manifolds were malfunctioning. I had a number of shifts where I only had 4 hours to get my area finished because of this issue.

Although there were a few good individuals I worked with, the coworkers were the primary reason why I left the job. The senior group of workers will gang up on you, especially if they feel threatened by you, such as outperforming them while only being on the job for a few weeks.

As an example, a worker (foreman) who cleaned a neighbouring area to my own area, would wait until I had cleaned along our border and then push and spray all his equipment and floor debris into my freshly cleaned area and underneath some of the freshly cleaned equipment so it looked like I was missing those spots. He would also spray me down with water at the beginning of the shift, making it look like it was accidental.
 - more...
Pros
Benefits after 3 months, paid 8 hours for 6 hours of actual labour
Cons
Low pay for work being done, vindictive jerks for coworkers
16 September 2019
Same location
Perfect controlled environment, contract for 40/hrs week, paid every Friday. No experience needed with option to travel with overtime. You simply can not get any easier than this.