Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. - PSSI Employee Reviews

Bad environment
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 May 2019
Terrible place to work !!! Management not willing to help with any problems that arise They say bring any problems to us then give you heck for bothering them !! Seem to favor having foreign workers so they can force them to do what's needed !! Severely under staffed and under supervised as only 1 supervisor for 24/7 operation !! My advice is to keep looking !!
Absolute Nightmare
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 May 2019
Horrific work with fellow employees that ditch out as soon as the actual work comes. Supervisors and management are liars and could care less for the well being and rights of employees.
Pros
Cons
Many
good coworkers really horrible management
labourer (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON26 January 2019
my coworkers were great but the supervisors are useless and allow employees to be openly disrespected and fire them for no good reason. dont work at erie meats in listowel its horrible!!
Cons
poorly paid
cleaning equipment
Lead hand-Chemical handler (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB14 August 2018
its alright overall getting used to grave yard shift takes a bit to get used to but if your used to it and dont mind getting wit by all means not a bad company to work for
Pros
short hours
Cons
bad management
fun place to woork
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 August 2018
its fun to work here until your co workers become rude to you hahahahahahaha but i recommend working here but the hard thing is holding high pressure hose.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
issa tough job dude
not fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  ferndale, wa15 July 2018
My time there started ok, but quickly became toxic. the managers were rude and not very patient at all. I was protected on several occasions but in the end the employee is always expendable
Pros
Cons
many
Its fun to be part of this Team
Industrial Cleaner ( Team Leader) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB17 April 2018
its fun when you work at night with so kind of manager and beautiful workers. I really like it. Also I learned different culture especially the way they eat.They all come together and eat together with love.I have got learned so many things. I don't want leave this job but I want to study that is the only thing.
Pros
work night time
Cons
9 hours
Love working with them
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Steeles and hannan road17 March 2018
Its nice working with packers friendly staff easy to work with.my location is at steeles and Hannah road. Only that i works night i started from 10pm until 230 am as i say i love working for packers but am looking for a job with more hours.
Pros
Cons
4hours
Absolutely horrendous
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta Canada17 January 2018
Very low paying for work expected, Unfortunately they are very biased towards immigrant workers and pay them 60hrs a week but only pay born citizens 40hrs even though both workers do same amount of hrs. Woman are openly harassed and discriminated against. Management will freely threaten recriminations to anyone who attempts to stand up for their human rights and labour law.
Pros
None, it’s a job
Fast pace working environment
Forklift Operator / Chemical storage worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2017
It's a challenging nigh shift schedule . You will be hire easily if you know what is the meaning of a hardwork job. You will wear the appropriate PPE the whole shift while you are cleaning the meat plant.
Pros
you will get paid while waiting for the meat cutter to finish their job.
Cons
No more room for advancement