Packers Plus Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Stressful and disrespectful work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
I never really felt appreciated at this company. There is not much room to grow or advance in the company. Was treated poorly by management and other employees.
Strong values and sense of pride
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2018
The company values are strong and lived out day to day. Each person is valued for their contribution. The standards are high and there is supports in place to help employees to achieve and maintain the standard.
Pros
They walk the talk
Cons
Volatility of Oil & Gas Market
a bad experience
technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
Lack of training, they expect you to learn it all by yourself and then blame you if anything went wrong. Not a friendly place to start.

They hired a lot of people when oil prices were going down then they laid off most of them, bad management decisions.
Pros
Gym
Cons
management
horrible workplace
OPERATOR 2, TEAM LEAD ON NIGHTSHIFT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
complete buddy system. they say one thing then they do another. they wont even follow their own company policies. I was told to lead my nightshift a certain way then criticized on how I ran my shift.. so confusing.
Tight knit group
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2018
Great company but lack of work security due to the current oil and gas situation. They have a great relationship with local charities within the Edmonton community and strive to help where possible.
Pros
Great family business environment
Cons
Lack of consistent work
Very accomodating company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Packers Plus. I found them to be a very accommodating company and I had a great experience working there.
It was a good environment to work in and I looked forward to going to work.
terrible place to work
Pressure Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
I was in the pressure testing department and found out that everyone in my section was making the same as the other people who didn't do anything just watch a machine work!! slave labour at its finest with packers!! worked with great people but the pay was way to low for the work you did!!
Pros
gym
Cons
long hours, slave labour
Friendly workplace which encouraged quality work
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2017
Packers Plus was a friendly and comfortable workplace. They encouraged learning and improving your skills and always tried to take care of their employees.

They emphasized getting the job done right the first, which in my department meant series of checking and approving of documents. This ensured the publishing of quality and accurate materials.

The most difficult part of the job was reaching out and trying new things to expand my skills and responsibilities. But I realize this was important for growth.

Some aspects of the job required fast-paced projects to be completed in a short time-frame.
Pros
Lunches, gym, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Occasional short deadlines
enjoyed the family team atmosphere
Physical Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2017
This is a company that has experienced fast growth pains. They have recognized this and have been very proactive in developing plans and procedures to help create the team atmosphere. They encourage the employees to submit any ideas for operational excellence.
Pros
acknowledgement of employees who excel
Cons
job loss due to downturn in the industry
Great place to start your carreer
Manufacturing Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
Great work environment
Awesome people to work with
Relaxing and fun place
Also really professional
Brand new building with gym (classes included), cafeteria
Supportive management, friendly on the floor
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2016
A typical day at work involves morning meetings, safety checks, working with tools, testing for quality. Best when oil industry was at peak, with lots of work and overtime, difficult when things slowed down and economy began to collapse.
Pros
monthly bonus
Cons
losing overtime
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
it is very good company ..they treatated everybody equally.supervisiors and co workers are pretty good..i learned forklift training..over all i like to work there
Friendly staff.
Testing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2015
Monday to Friday 8-5, laid back work environment. Several work training opportunities. Inexperienced management, lack of direction.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Poor management
Great Salary, but lack of management
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  MX, Edmonton10 June 2014
It is a great place to make money. Managers and supervisors are lack of experience. If your goal is to climb the lather than you'll be very disappointed. It doesn't matter if you work hard or not, what matter is you know how to suck up to your boss. Their $1000/month bonus is great, but don't get caught into it; at the interview, they will tell you that everyone get the bonus, but it's not true, so don't base your salary on it.

Overall is a good place to work and to make money if you're not planning to move up the lather.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Bad management
Nice new building
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2014
Management favors certain employees. Does not appreciate when employees work their butts off for the company. Employees are told to talk to them in confidence, but then you are black balled for telling them about your problems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no appreciation from management
Great growing company
Quality control technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2014
Great company, plenty of room to grow and advance. worked with a great team of people.
Pros
Good company events
Cons
a bit dangerous with new hires who are inexperienced
productive workplace with a gym for employees relaxation
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2014
Every day at work presents a new challenge. Learning at Packers Plus is a contnuous process. We encounter new problems either with the coding system or daily operations which requires proactiveness. We have an efficient management system which samples opinion of employees and collaborative co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all daily operation demands are met on time and the hardest of it all is when operations need to be carried out but the systems is technically faulted leading to downtime.
Pros
Lots of employee benefits
Was very good for professional experience
Shop Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2014
I thank them for everything they've taught me.
It was good place to start when I first moved to Alberta but I feel like Ive outgrown this company and feel like there is so much more that Alberta has to offer.
Good fast growing company
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2013
Good company to work for. I left only because I was moving to a different city.

Good camaraderie between coworkers
Excellent benefits and the company always had good events and incentives for the workers.
Pros
great events
Cons
Lots of mandatory OT
Very Fast and productive work environment
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2013
A typical day at work involved readying parts for conveyors on an assembly line. I learned plenty working here from my supervisor and leads as they are all willing help. Hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the robot if you were running multiple stations as well as managing robot faults. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a great crew to work with.
Pros
End of the month bonus as well as benefits
Cons
Days were repetitive and went by slow