Packers Plus

Packers Plus Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Productive workplace with a dedicated workforce working together for the success of the company. Management is actively working to weather the current economic storm brought about by the oil and gas crash and Covid-19
All employees are treated fairly and work spread evenly. Managers and coordinators bend over backwards to help you and accommodate your needs. Couldn’t ask for a better place to work.
Pros
Comradery, pay, exceptional training
Cons
I have nothing good to say about this place. so I will do what my mom thought me to do and just let it be. Some people loved this place like their second home. I found it to be like a slave camp.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Long hours, policing even your every move-even drinking water
Packers is a lovely place to work, great staff and a fun environment. They have a gym that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week . Can be a high stress job, but excellent teamwork through out the shop.
Challenged to say something positive regarding the level of competency with senior management following the retirement of the Founders. Plagued with in decision.
Management is lacking, Good shop employee culture. Pay is below industry standard and benefits are standard. Long work hours and considerable time stress.
Working at packers was amazing, the main fault working there was the field they deal with. Although I loved working there. But the ups and downs of oil creates fast and slow times. Making it hard to move up in the company. Eventually lay offs hit and thats why I no longer work there. Great place to work though!
I was pioneering Project management in IT for the Edmonton location. Like every change, not easy but it worked. Communication and awareness were essential.
I really enjoyed my time at packers plus.
Very good people to work for and with.

There was always someone willing to help or show you how they did something to help you along and progress in your career
The time i spent with Packers Plus was the most exciting & rewarding of my professional career. They always gave me the knowledge & support i needed to succeed. My employment ended when the price of oil crashed & they could no longer stay open in Estevan. I have zero complaints with the company as a whole or she people i worked with!
Great company to work for and awesome benefits and great team work atmosphere. Very clean and safe warehouse. Very family oriented and respectful. Great people all around.
Pros
Benefits and family oriented
Cons
Work load
Great place to work and has been for the 12+ years I have been here. But being an oilfield business there is a lot of uncertainty. I would recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
Great relationships
Cons
Oilfield
I never really felt appreciated at this company. There is not much room to grow or advance in the company. Was treated poorly by management and other employees.
The company values are strong and lived out day to day. Each person is valued for their contribution. The standards are high and there is supports in place to help employees to achieve and maintain the standard.
Pros
They walk the talk
Cons
Volatility of Oil & Gas Market
Very nice people to work with. The company provides a postive place to work. The company is on the cutting edge of technology.
They are open to new ideas.
Lack of training, they expect you to learn it all by yourself and then blame you if anything went wrong. Not a friendly place to start.

They hired a lot of people when oil prices were going down then they laid off most of them, bad management decisions.
Pros
Gym
Cons
management
complete buddy system. they say one thing then they do another. they wont even follow their own company policies. I was told to lead my nightshift a certain way then criticized on how I ran my shift.. so confusing.
Great company but lack of work security due to the current oil and gas situation. They have a great relationship with local charities within the Edmonton community and strive to help where possible.
Pros
Great family business environment
Cons
Lack of consistent work
Company culture underwent massive changes due to industrywide downturn. Company was expanding during price decline and had to layoff many employees. Great people, rewarding experiences.
Benefits
Cons
They care about safety (right up until it gets in the way of profits). Every single company activity includes copious amounts of alcohol and drunk people.
Pros
Very good money
Cons
A 24 hour shift was a short day
It's a small company with a big footprint, so if you like wearing multiple hats and learning new things this is the place for you. Great benefits package and bonus structure.