Pacific West Systems Supply Employee Reviews

Outdoor forklift work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2019
Good place Good people
Good wage, but not great
Friendly co-workers
Good hours of operation
Overtime!
Work half day on Saturday
Paid breaks
Helpful managers
Terrible
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 March 2019
This place is Terrible amd everything is going personal if you are not one of the gang they will try to do anything to screw you
The head office is blinded and know nothing about what is goin on in the warehouse and the management down act like they own the place and untouchable
Just an advice .. do not apply there because they pay the lowest money and work culture is really Terrible
The new managment is really awful and first time i see managment have no managment skills
If you wanna work there you have to know that you will not last for long unless you say yes and be one of the gang even when they are wrong
Honestly .. one of the most trash companies i have ever seen
Pros
Your lunch depend on the day .. some days no lunch break
Cons
Very long hours
Horrible company
Everything (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
Worked for these guys for almost a year and ended up canning you for unnecessary reasons and honestly a bunch of liars that tell you one thing and do another ! Calgary location is a bunch of clowns that don’t even know the industry at all ! The only reason they haven’t went under is cause the pay so low for people minus well be a door greeter at Walmart ! Or become a bum !
Cons
Knowing that I’ve worked for a ghetto company such as this
Terrible work evironment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work, people go behind your back any chance they get, supervisors are uncorridated and do nothing. All sorts of labour laws being broken at this establishment. Worked there for 4 months and never seen such an unorganized pathetic workplace, avoid working here at all costs, unless you like being a modern day slave
Busy workplace
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 March 2018
fast paced busy office
good helpful employees
I enjoyed being busy every minute of the day.
I did not have a contract nor a permanent position otherwise I would have stayed with Company
Cons
Was only there for short period of time
great place to work
Sales/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2017
worked there for 10 years. lots of room for moving up in company. great manager and staff. would work there again if proper positions opened up thnaks
Good Company to Work For
Customer Service and Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 September 2017
I enjoyed working there. I like the people and don't mind the work. I quit because I went to Europe for 3 months. They would like to hire me back but it is too slow right now.
Very disjointed
ASSISTANT, Credit/Collections/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 August 2017
This company has been around for a long time but needs to learn to listen to their employees. They have a high turn around rate based on the internal culture.
This company does not pay a living wage for the work they required with no hope of raises.
Class 3 Driver (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC8 July 2016
I have been working for this company for 15 years. When I was hired I was told that there is room for advancement,wage increases,bonuses. After a couple of years they capped all wages, took away bonuses and cut hours. I would do overtime one day and told to take the next day off so they would not have to pay overtime.
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
no advancement opportunities, no bonuses, non competitive wages.
it was good
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
it was good and the people were nice the overtime was fantastic and an overall good experience 10/10 would work there again
Awesome company!
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2015
They are thinking about everything and they take care for their employee. Fun workplace, awesome boss and awesome workers from all around the world
sees emplyees as a dime a dozen. un organized shipper is lost
class one (Former Employee) –  calgary23 June 2015
Very hard work. Opps manager I have found is good at talking. Most likely talked his way into the position. Will hang u out to dry. Was suspended for a truck running out of diesel. Found out after that they knew for years that the diesel gauge didn't work. Guess it's not needed??? I was told it's part of the pre-trip to open up the fuel tank and look to make sure there is fuel. So I guess at every stop light u may need to jump out n make sure u have air in your air tanks. You start at 6 am. And are expected to do a full pre-trip count and strap your truck and sometimes tarp and leave the yard by 630 to be on site for 7am. Just the air breaks pre-trip takes 20 minutes. Every truck I been in, in the short period of time I have worked there has had multiple items wrong with them. And there's not much rush getting them fixed. Guess it's hard to down the whole fleet when all this company cares about is there customers. Rather risk the employees license and come up with reasons why it's always the employees fault. Your expected to work over your 14 hours . Especially if your out of town. Witch is illegal. Not many drivers there with any type of driving experience. But I see why. When you go threw as many employees as they do your bound to have to bring some over from mexico like they do . I'm so happy that they let me go when they did.
Pros
nice work out
Cons
treated like meat. no time for personal life.
ok place to work fun days
crew boss (Current Employee) –  Langley21 May 2015
good overall company to work for. Very flexible when it comes to days off and opportunity to grow people are fun to work with. the hardest part is the lifting of drywall. i enjoy meeting new people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
heavy lifting all day low pay
Busy Workplace, Could Use Improvements...
Office / Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2014
Too much political drama with too few responsible people to keep employee workability and professional veneer towards customers.
Pros
Each day encompasses totally different scenarios
Cons
Poor Management & Leadership, Poor Decisions Made With No Consideration for Change, Too much negativity allowed in the customers-eye.
shipper reciever, counter sales
shipper receiver ,counter sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 January 2014
My duties here where to organise the warehouse, work closely with the purchaser to make sure we had abundant material and products for distribution for our clients. also looked after personal, equipment and deliveries. All at the same time I also did counter sales and managed the show room.
Pros
Was a learning curve to get me sales experince and product knowledge
Fast pace different challenges every day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2013
Ensuring Inventory levels were matched to sales
How to discover impropriety's in stock levels
Good
Excellent hard workers
Suppliers
Dealing with trades
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Dealing with size of operation
Low wages, high turnover, more concerned with sales than staff.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2013
Physically demanding work, delivering drywall and related construction supplies.

most of the staff were poorly educated, careless, had criminal records, used drugs or drank while on the job. Not the safest place to work.
Pros
great exercise if you enjoy heavy lifting
Cons
poor wages, poor benefits, high turnover rates
Hard work
Crane operator / Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 March 2013
I get to work hard, carrying some drywall up and down stairs.
It's fun to drive crane trucks around city, perhaps operating a crane can be bit tricky.
I get to fix computers when needed.
Get to exercise while working!
hard work, minor recognition for performance
Quality Control, Drivers Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2012
this company seems a little mismanged the frontline workers are undervalued . the most enjoyable part of job is rising to challanges of completing tasks against near impossible odds. Interesting going to an unrelated field and learning every thing for the ground up!
Pros
long hours lots of overtuime
Cons
company has no direction