Pacific Sands Beach Resort Employee Reviews

Relaxed fun workplace
Shuttle Driver/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  1421 Pacific Rim Highway28 August 2018
Was a great place to work, Woke up every morning before my shift to walk down and check the waves and enjoy my coffee before a shift.

If you have any issues co-workers close to immediately help you out and teach you and the learning experience was easy and fun!

The culture here is fantastic as well, the people you meet and the activities you get up to at this resort made a impact on my life in a very positive manner.

The most difficult part of this job was keeping up with managing your tasks at random times but it only made the days go by faster.

Another cool thing about this workplace is the Staff Accommodation for Tofino with a wide selection, right on Cox Bay as well as a couple little restaurants nearby including the Surf Side Grill right on the property.
Pros
Fun relaxing workplace, Waves and beach nearby
Cons
Scattered tasks, Reccomend haveing good time managment
Fun place to work!!!!!
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC27 August 2018
Worked at Pacific Sands for 2 years and still miss everyone from owners, managers and of coarse co workers aka family. Monthly lunches from bosses from different departments and bday CAKES and staff party. All departments were great especially guest service managers specialty coffes made by them how i missed those days! If someday i will move to Tofino i will work there again in a heart beat!!!!! Miss you Pac Sands Fam♥️
Pros
Feels like having second family
Cons
None ( just the drive why i left😕)
Over all experiance.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC15 August 2018
Housekeeping Department.
Pros: the staff accomidations is really good you get your own room Vs other places in Tofino you have to share a bedroom. it's affordable and you get a nice bonus at the end of your contract if you stay.
You also live right on Cox bay! beautiful. The staff are over all adventerous and free spirited mostly everyone wants to have a good time to .. hikes etc.
They do order or make free lunches once a month which either a staff member makes it or it's a food place ordered in town. the OWNERS are great people.
Front desk has alot of stuff we can purchase and put on our house account! so we don't always have to run to the store!
they do organize staff bbqs.
Cons: The management is terrible. the assistant is one of the most understanding compassionate people you'd ever meet. The management are degrading and talk down to you but once you talk back or stand up for your self they use it against you. lots of staff do cry. and their approach is insulting.

Minimum Wage most places in town will pay more

Pro and Con. it's far from town! so it's quieter. and easily accessible by bike. and a short drive a way.
Over all try and find a more positive place to be employed in Tofino where your work is appreciated and you are respected.

Management picks favorites. and it's determined by your ability to suck up to them.

Your days can be short or long it really depends. everyone helps eachother out. but over all try and find employment elsewhere in town.
Productive environment with fantastic coworkers
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC10 January 2018
My day was spent working in teams to clean the suites and common areas to a high standard of cleanliness. Great structure, fantastic business. Was rarely super difficult, except when it was crazy busy. Then good time management skills are needed to perform well in this position. Management was mostly fantastic, very understanding and fun to work with. For the most part, couldn't be more happy with this job. However there was obvious favoritism, and there were many days where I went home very upset as there was the odd manager or so who were very difficult to get along with. The coworkers were phenomenal though, felt like a big family as most of the employees also live on the property in the staff accommodation. Communication and benefits were great, as were the "higher-ups". High turnover rate of room attendants as the summer season is quite busy.
Hardest part of the job was the manager and that we were ill-equipped to clean toilets. (Gloves and rags: had to stick your hand in every toilet.) The part I enjoyed the most was the priceless view. From every section of this resort you had a breathtaking view of the beach. I was paid $13/hr and was on contract for full time, although an 8-hour day was rare. Overall I would definitely recommend Pacific Sands!
Pros
Free monthly staff lunches, great benefits, awesome view, fantastic coworkers
Cons
Management, hours were never full time despite being a full time worker
Nice place to work
Technicien en maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pacific, BC6 March 2017
I was there to assist customer with their demand or repair.

nice place to learn new experience in an nice environment.

Was a team environment work place that thrives on result
Pros
Life experience
Cons
Far from family
Enhancing work environment
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC3 November 2015
My time at Pacific Sands was amazing
The staff were friendly, and management was great
One of the most remembered experiences of my life working in Tofino for Pacific Sands
Pros
Easy access to Cox Bay Beach
Cons
Having to deal with costumer complaints frequently (burnt out light bulbs, clogged toilets)
fun workplace
HOUSEKEEPING ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC10 February 2013
One of the great place to stay in Tofino, Fun and relax while you can enjoy the view watching the surfers in the ocean.
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyed working there as I had a free place to live. Had an ocean view.
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BC26 August 2012
Working in Tofino and especially the Pacific Sands Resort was fantastic. The resort owners were open to new ideas and allowed me the opportunity to grow and expand the Housekeeping department. The scenery was spectacular and of course meeting of all the guests was a plus. The only real issue I would have was living in the area in the winter at times was a bit isolating. Restaurants and businesses closed for the winter so there was not as much to choose from. Other than that a most positive work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Sands Beach Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Sands Beach Resort Reviews by Location