Pacific Restaurant Supply Employee Reviews

Growing and maturing company in a fun industry
Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2019
Pacific has a great team and culture here is strong. Lots of growth and change over the past year, but changes are in the right direction. Ownership is investing heavily into the company for future growth and expansion. So opportunities are here for advancement.
Pros
Team culture, events, room for growth
Nice company to work with an interesting culture.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2019
A company which is still new, tries to define their culture and where they stand in the food-service industry.
Quick employees turnaround (16 employees in les than a year),
CEO and President doing their best to navigate through rough waters but all the other managers/directors are just lacking of experience/knowledge and will kill your motivation.
Pros
free lunches once in a while, approachable CEO
Cons
inexperienced managers, limited opportunity to grow, lack of leadership
Great Atmosphere and Staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2018
I absolutely love working here. Everyone is so helpful and willing to give you their time in order for you to do the best job that you can. The management and upper management are the best I have ever worked for and we have so much fun here.
Pros
Too many to count
Cons
Na
A company going through changes and showing very little signs of positive growth (personal and business)
Project Manager, Designer & Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 March 2014
My typical day is staying on top of any projects I have currently in progress. This includes the design/estimating through the building/construction to the post-construction deficiency stages. To do this involves constant communication with the general contractor, impacting trades, end users, internal colleagues (purchasing, operations, etc...) and suppliers through email, telephone and in-person meetings.

I have learned that proper and very thorough preparation is the key to any successful project or sale. Constant communication and never avoiding tough conversations will be the key to repeat and referral business.

Having recently moved locations into a building that was 5 months behind schedule and $1M over budget has been the catalyst for management to withdraw and limit potential for growth. While being constantly told that I am the best Designer/Project Manager in the company, I have been denied the opportunity to truly grow with the company due to nepotism. The owners younger brother, while has potential lacks experience and has been promised that no one other than the VP in the company will make more money than he. This is forcing me to stay on a completely commission structured pay. I am looking for a more constant and secure future.

My co-workers are fantastic. We work together to get the job done on what feels like a rudderless ship.

The hardest part of my job is knowing no matter how well I do, I will never be truly rewarded for my efforts.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my clients open their doors. I love being a part of it and helping
  more... them achieve their dreams!  less
Pros
Fantastic perks at great restaurants. Supplier trips to different locations around North America.
Cons
Limited opportunity to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Restaurant Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Restaurant Supply Reviews by Location