Pacific Quorum Properties

Pacific Quorum Properties Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Office atmosphere-wise, probably my favourite place I have worked. There is currently a great cluster of people who work here and it makes going to work enjoyable. The workload is very extensive and ever-growing which can definitely lead to stressful times, however I do find it challenging in a positive way and never boring. The company is growing constantly so there is room for job advancement if you have a real interest in the property management industry.
Pros
lots of free food days (i.e. staff lunches, potlucks, summer bbq etc), you learn a lot (great for people interested in this industry), room to grow, positive work environment
Cons
salary is very underpaid, the accounting department is dysfunctional, as it is a growing company the workload does grow and grow which can be stressful, especially when understaffed, fairly high staff turnover.
Completely overload the property managers and pay as little as possible with a promise of more, that never comes. Little or no communication from management till your in the weeds and it's to late.
Official response from Pacific Quorum Properties
20 May 2020
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience working at Pacific Quorum, however we disagree with the statements made in your review. We provide our property managers with well-balanced portfolios and a competitive compensation package. We have an open door policy at PQ and all team members are encouraged to communicate any concerns with their role to their supervisor as soon as possible so that we can help.
Owner is all about the dollars and not the clients and doesn't care about his staff. Over worked and underpaid. Not a team environment and very little support
The company has some great benefits and most of the employees are great to work with. Some disconnect between head office and the other offices, does cause some issues.
Awesome place to work.
people that work there are fantastic

Great appreciation for employees

management is great

the pay wasn't the greatest

expensive to park downtown
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
doesnt pay well
Strata Property Management depends on the strata property agents to keep the Owners and Strata Council of the strata corporation happy with good service from both the agent and the accounting department. Any issues must be resolved quickly and efficiently.
As an agent you are multi tasking constantly with email inquiries, phone calls, chairing Council Meetings, obtaining quotes for work on the buildings, managing construction projects, managing in house staff, managing regular contractors such as landscapers, cleaners, etc. , signing contracts on behalf of the strata corporation, holding special and general meetings, changing bylaws and rules, dealing with problems between owners or owners and Council, upholding the Strata Property Act and enforcing bylaws. It also included attending to Court when required, collections and foreclosures. The position also included preparing annual budgets, approving the monthly financial reports, preparing Minutes of meetings, approving invoices for payment.
Pros
You could set your own schedule of hours.
Cons
Long hours quite often having to meet with the Council in the evenings.
Loved working here I was an Admin Assistant to a few Property Managers.
Pros
Staff Potlucks, Staff Events, Working with great people
Cons
Pay was a bit low for me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Quorum Properties. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2