Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Great summertime job

Excellent job to have fun, stay busy and keep in shape. Many of the people have been there for many years and have a great attitude in being in a new employees shoes. The pay isn't out of this world but considering how not fun many jobs are it made up for it.

My first job

This was my first real job as a teenager. I loved it. I made friends and I was able to learn many customer service based skills and communication skills. This is a great place for a first job and learning as well.

Very fun job where you get to work with nice friends

It’s a great job in genral where the supervisors are nice friendly and very good at explaining what is needed by me.they also give good amounts of breaks

Pros

Free fries

Pne

It was a great experience working with people and sharing the enthusiasm of a fun fair such as the PNE. Collaborating with a great team made work the most enjoyable as well as enhancing people's lives through positive energy was a rewarding feeling. The hardest part of the job was the long hours given in a short time span; however, overall, great work experience. I would totally do it again!

Pros

great team

Not bad

Working at the PNE was fine. Made a ton of new friends and gained some great skills such as dealing with the general public but the supervisors sometimes unhelpful and the staff room was not very pleasant.

Fun, fast-paced serving and cooking job

Fun and easy, everyone you meet there are super friendly and would stay your friend for a while. All customers are friendly and you get to enjoy your time there.

Pros

Paid Breaks

Cons

Heat (Too Hot)

Good workplace with good management.

Management and supervisors were understanding and friendly. Hours are low due to scheduling, but does benefit those who have other tasks to do besides work.

fun environment

working at the PNE is amazing although we do have to consider it a actual job and have fun and be serious at the same time, I am a rides operator and it makes my day when little kids say thank you after the ride just a little something to give a smile to my face.

Slow paced but great people

I would sign in and write down what room/area I wanted to work in that day. Talk to large crowds and inform them, have a 15 minute break then a 30 minute break. I would usually work from 10am to 4pm, or 4pm to about 10pm. Sometimes slow paced, but great people.

summer fun experience

It was good experience I had a good crew in 2008 but the staff kept changing in 2011 the management was lacking I was told I could ask questions if needed no judgment there's a solution in 2011 I was multitasking a lot of washroom facilities over the two weeks in the sun and heat and asked for one bathroom indoors for one shift I was canned immediately with no discussion we were short with staff in my department. I wish they handled it professionally and not in public in front of guests it was embarrassing for me.

Pros

meeting new people! always! seeing guests happy hearing good feedback

Cons

short staff lack of communication

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition

See more jobs

Fun work environment

This job is important to always be focused. In order to make sure everyone is safe, you have to always be attentive. The employers are very good at making sure you are doing your job well.

Job was not well organized

Did not get told when my breaks were, on my first day worked 6 hours and then got a break and then was told I was done. Did not get an amount of hours in a shift just showed up and had to stay based on how busy it was.

Pros

Free fries and a drink per day

Cons

Hours not specified, Manager was a little rude but not horrible.

Fun summer job

This job is perfect for a student looking for a summer job. The people are nice and the job is fun. Although, you have to have good voice projection, cash handling skills, and self-esteem.

Pros

friendly people

Cons

long hours, training isn't always consistent

Fun workplace with lots of live entertainment

At the beer garden that i was serving at, there was a piano/music show where two people sing the "classics" while the guests sung along with them. It was fun to work with so many different people and to be able to interact with many different guests. The hardest part of the job is that it was outside with unpredictable weather. However, on a warm, sunny day, it was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Hurry up and wait

Not a clear view of a future. Long lay offs, on call, variety of shift starts and ends. No real structure, no vision, and no security. Most equipment is ancient.

Pros

Good wages and paid overtime

Cons

On call, lay offs, shift work, poor leadership, no security

One of the best jobs I've ever had

My experience as a games attendant at the P.N.E was fun and enjoyable. The atmosphere working for the company was amazing, most of the employee's for the games department are teenagers which is always fun. Working the games during Playland and Fair is the most enjoyable part of the job, witnessing customers playing your game. Games attendant at the P.N.E is one of the best jobs if you're looking for a job during the summer time.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Shifts to about 1am

Friendly and Fun

It was a fun experience to have, everyone I worked with was super friendly and helpful. It was mostly quite and nothing was rush. I was able to work at my own pace.

Pros

Discount in fair tickets

Cons

Long commute

fun place to work

A great place to work, meet tons of fantastic people and the management team is great. The environment is for people in their late teens and early 20s.

Pretty good first job

I worked in games and the hours were part time and flexible during Playland and full time during fair. Fairly easy job but can get boring during quiet and rainy days.

Incredibly Enjoyable Experience

Overall, I had a blast during my time at the PNE. Everyone was incredibly friendly, the employer was willing to work around your schedule and other such commitments, and it is just a fun environment to be in. Plus, there are plenty of options for food in the area, though since it is the PNE, cash is a huge must.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Friendly Coworkers, Great Environment

Working at the PNE in Agriculture is fun and its hrs work but they pay well.

The job is based on tasks at hand, keeping up with the chores and making sure the costumers enjoy their time in the farm area. I learned how to bail hay, shovel properly, sweep with a push brush, facts about some animals and time management. Its a dirty job but its worth the energy.

Pros

great pay

Cons

animal dung and smells

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2