Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Great summertime job

Excellent job to have fun, stay busy and keep in shape. Many of the people have been there for many years and have a great attitude in being in a new employees shoes. The pay isn't out of this world but considering how not fun many jobs are it made up for it.

Productive and fun

The Pacific National Exhibition was a really good job that started me out on how society works. Money isn't given out freely and must be earned through time and effort. At times it can get challenging with all the customers lined up but the positivity spread within the company really helps with that and makes me enjoy working with them.

Pros

Supervisors are informative

Cons

Seasonal job

fun place to work

I enjoyed working here. working concerts and events like fright nights was the best. fast paced, lots of fun, family environment. The only downside was rude park goers.

Pros

Fun

Fun place to work.

Days vary from super slow to insanely busy but always fun. Lots of new people to get to know every year. Most departments have staff functions like Bowling Nights or other team building activities. High demand environment but always interesting.

Great first job!!!

good place to get your first job. everyone is very helpful and can make a lot of friends. most people who work there are around grade 11 to university students so it is very easy to connect with on another

Fun. Would like to work there again

Fun to work at and had a chance to meet new people and make new friends. Worked long hours but was worth it at the end because J had a nice experience by the time it ended.

Pros

Fun. Easy. Made friends

Cons

Long hours. Minimum wage

Good for a first time job

My time at the PNE was one filled with fun and long-lasting memories. The environment was overall enjoyable, albeit for the occasional displeased customer. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot on the spot; when I first began, it almost felt like I was thrown into something I was not fully prepared for, but I learned to adapt nonetheless. The quality of the ingredients could be improved on.

Fun Place to Work

Walk around, clean assigned area, help guests, repeat. Could have longer breaks, but overall an easy job. Limited space to store belongings due to a lot of employees.

People there are really nice

Everyone always have a warm smile when they see you, and they are very organized when assigning jobs. It is always fun working there because the supervisors are nice.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Its really hot in the afternoon

Social and fun workplace with good benefits

A typical work day for me would be clocking in and given a hand full of maps and a radio and sent to a certain station in the park to answer any questions or concerns regarding show times and attraction locations.

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition

See more jobs

Fun place to work with great co workers

Fun place to work with great coworkers from all over. Great networking opportunity and great exposure opportunity. Flexible hours, great perks and friendly environment.

Fun workplace and no pressure

It's hot because you had to be in the sun all day, but its fun and you don't have much pressure on your shoulder you pretty much just walk around clean up and help out guests

Pacific National Exhibition

Everyday I work, I learn something new, working with my co-workers to solve problems was the greatest experience i have taken every year with myself. Growing and learning every step of the way.

Great company for Teens to start in

They help you with everything when working for them, very easy work. Great to make friends as well, nice to go to work for them for 2 weeks out of the year, and go back to a full time job

Productive and fun place to work

This is great place to work in the summer. I personally made lots of friends and worked very hard every day. I would recommend this job for people in highschool or for people that are looking for a summer job.

Fun and inviting workplace

This was my first job experience that was temporary and seasonal but it was a good one. I had lots of fun in my position as I got to interact with different people and gain experience. The hours were given as requested and I never had an issue with management.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Lots of busy/peak hours

Fun working enviroment

Shifts switch a lot, there is a lot of 4 hour and 8 hour shifts given. Hard work but fun to do. You learn a lot with this job. Managers are nice and easy to work with.

Pros

Learn new skills

Cons

Not enough shifts given

Productivity and teamwork abilities on a typical day

As a day sweeper, every morning I had to wake up around 6:00 AM to catch the bus. Even though, I was tired I was able to enjoy myself through working with different people. In addition, the supervisors were all very nice and taught me so much. I learned how to manage and clean an entire house through cleaning at the Prize Home. I also learned to communicate with guests at the PNE and answer their questions. The hardest part of the job was the lifting and washing as it tired me out very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people because they included me and helped me when something was uncertain or heavy.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Great place for students getting job experience.

It's an easy job that would take only 10 minutes of training to do. All you have to do is direct people to parking spots or to the exits. You also have to answer occasional questions or provide helps to other employees (like moving gates and such). They trained you to use a radio and working outdoor with customers. The supervisors were really funny and nice but you might get different people at different shifts. The lunchroom is chill and relaxing. They had microwave and fridges etc. Other employees are also nice but don't expect a lot of water cooler talks. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customers and standing for long hours alone. The nicest part is interacting with happy customers at the end of the day and LOTS of alone time. Super easy job if you can stand the occasional rush of cars and keeping track of the radio.

Pros

Easy job. Chill workers and supervisors

Cons

Long hours standing in one place.Can be stressful during rush hours.

Fun place to work at

Fun place to work at. Learned a lot of useful skills such as customer service and food safe. Hardest part of the job is the duties that are required to be completed at the end of the shift.

Fun job but small place.

The job was fun as we got to bake food and sell it to people. The bad thing was that the booth I worked in, which was the Beavertails stand, was very small. Some days there were too many people to fit in it and some day there were barely any people. Also when there were more than 4 people in the booth, the rest woupd not have any jobs to do since there was very little to do in that small of a space.

Pros

Got free food from supervisers for good work.

Cons

Long hours but limited days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2