Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Work-life balance reviews

Excellent job to have fun, stay busy and keep in shape. Many of the people have been there for many years and have a great attitude in being in a new employees shoes. The pay isn't out of this world but considering how not fun many jobs are it made up for it.
Love working there getting along with people making friends and learning new experiences every day and training people to their new jobs and using work habits.
Very good work place with excellent atmosphere. Technician positions are interesting and engaging with room for advancement and professional development
Sorry I would not recommend work at the PNE. Anyone who needs job's are looking for full-time and a future to depend on work. I got lucky in 86. In my work it's not possible to move up. It's catered to males.
It was a very easy job I just watched the site I was given overnight from 11 at night till 7:45 am the people were very friendly. The only hard part was staying awake other then that it was a good work experience overall
You see a lot of different people at the job. Job difficulty really depends on which ride you get placed on. Some rides like the climbing wall or coaster are basically hard labour jobs whereas other kids rides, you just stand and press a button.
Great place to work but there is an extreme variety of co workers. Good working environment and the company opens eyes to future employers. Nothing further to report!
A fun, engaging, and enjoyable workplace filled with a great culture from staff. Lots of laughs and smiling as you definitely enjoy your time working here.
Fun place to work. All the managers and supervisors are easy to get along with and understanding when mistakes happen. Make new friends and happy environment. I loved it here.
Pros
Change the schedule to suite your needs, no questions asked
Cons
None really.
There is always lots to do, very busy work environment, lots of room for advancement. Excellent job security and the supervisors are great to work with.
A typical day would be just to direct the public to their seats and answer any questions. Then once the show starts just watch and pay attention to your surroundings so that you may see any abnormalities like an injured guest or a fight.
Pros
Free concerts and enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Shifts are hard to get
A fun and dynamic place to work, with lots of good people. There are long hours and during event days and it can wear you down eventually and there is little recognition for your hard work at the management level. The jobs change with the season and with each event so it keeps things interesting.
Writer had a great experience working with the staff personnel at the yearly fair.Writer learnt about access control at the point of entry to the exhibition.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Was the perfect first job for me a very comfortable space to learn new things, especially dealing with the general public and also challenging me in things I would never think of. Such as becoming a manager a training new hires myself or learning how to organize stock in eyecatching and colourful way. Good actions were constantly applauded to employees who showed hard work and persistence. I think this job made my summer very enjoyable and encouraging to get into the workforce. I will be very excited to be back for next years 2019 playland season to put my best work in.
Pros
Sociable environment
Cons
Long hours during fair
Working at the pne is not for everyone.If you want full time forget it .Co workers some are ok others are lazy.Head of housekeeping doesnt keep the schedule keeps changing.People dont show up for shifts not worth the hassle look else where.
Pros
Working at the PNE was a pretty good experience! You learn a lot of new things on a daily basis. If there’s anything you don’t know, it’s easy to ask your superiors for help. They’re super friendly and are happy to help. What you do everyday is similar to volunteering at carnival games for kids, except they’re educational so you should have good memorization.
Pros
New friends, Discounted Food
Cons
Break room inside the barn
I enjoyed working at the PNE selling tickets because it gave me the freedom to still work full time at my other job. I worked at PNE for extra money I am a single mother and needed the extra income. The commute became a little tough for me and the long hours standing at the summer nights concerts were the reason I left.
The Pacific National Exhibition was a really good job that started me out on how society works. Money isn't given out freely and must be earned through time and effort. At times it can get challenging with all the customers lined up but the positivity spread within the company really helps with that and makes me enjoy working with them.
Pros
Supervisors are informative
Cons
Seasonal job
good place to get your first job. everyone is very helpful and can make a lot of friends. most people who work there are around grade 11 to university students so it is very easy to connect with on another
Fun to work at and had a chance to meet new people and make new friends. Worked long hours but was worth it at the end because J had a nice experience by the time it ended.
Pros
Fun. Easy. Made friends
Cons
Long hours. Minimum wage
Everyone always have a warm smile when they see you, and they are very organized when assigning jobs. It is always fun working there because the supervisors are nice.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Its really hot in the afternoon