Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Pay & benefits reviews

The management and work culture was very nice and supportive. They train you and help you through the work. The pay was 40 cents over minimum. It was a good short term position for side money.
Pros
Free entrance to the pne, slight discount on some pne food
Cons
Not long term, no parking
Was a ticket office attendant during the fair. Great place for a short summer job. Supposedly they’ll only hire 15 and older, but they will hire some a little younger (14) if capable and competent. Great discounts and reasonable pay. Great if looking for a short summer job and live nearby.
Pros
Discounts, coworkers
Cons
Only seasonal jobs
Very fast-paced and requires you to adapt quickly, but never boring. You learn many useful skills along the way and quickly become a necessary part of the team very quickly.
Pros
good wages and hours
Cons
competetive hours
The hours are completely chosen by yourself and you can also choose what kind of jobs you want to take under your larger department. The fair is quite a large area therefore you are seeing many different workers on different days that you work. There are shifts with longer and shorter hours, so you can choose whichever fits your schedule that day.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Overall the atmosphere of pne was great. As a cashier I was able to grasp fundamentals of basic cashier skills such as the till and customer service. I would have stayed another year but the commute was to much for me. I started off 12.65 which was minimum wage but of course it was only my first year. The discounts wasn't too bad either a free pass for yourself and I believe 7 tickets at a discounted price and sometimes when you are working morning shifts in the summer they sometimes ask you to "test" the rides.
Pros
Discount on everything, wage, experience, looked forward to every shift
Cons
Commute if you live far
As a teenager it is one of the best jobs you can get during the summer. Hours are flexible managers are strict but friendly, and the majority of your co-workers will be teenagers aswell
Short temporary work for anyone who wants to work at the end of the summer. They provide staff discounts for food there and the hours are manageable. Managers willing to work with you to make sure you know what you are doing
Pros
Fun, interactive, simple, good money
Cons
Long commute if in suburbs.
I have learned to work in a fast pace zone and be punctual in all ways. i think the most difficult part is staying stocked up when its rushing busy, and we all get along well on the floor.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Decent amount of hours
It was just an in and out sort of job, with breaks, but it was all just consistent standing and selling. break times were a bit of a hassle to adapt to, but we (coworkers), were able to manage.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Great place to work, management is fun and uplifting. You really only get out what you put in. Hours are long and demanding both mentally and physically but the pay off really is great.
I enjoyed working at the PNE selling tickets because it gave me the freedom to still work full time at my other job. I worked at PNE for extra money I am a single mother and needed the extra income. The commute became a little tough for me and the long hours standing at the summer nights concerts were the reason I left.
Good management and flexible schedules. Hiring process quick and efficient. If you do a good job you will be pretty guaranteed to get an invitation to return the following year.
Fun to work at and had a chance to meet new people and make new friends. Worked long hours but was worth it at the end because J had a nice experience by the time it ended.
Pros
Fun. Easy. Made friends
Cons
Long hours. Minimum wage
It’s a great job in genral where the supervisors are nice friendly and very good at explaining what is needed by me.they also give good amounts of breaks
Pros
Free fries
Cons
Management and supervisors were understanding and friendly. Hours are low due to scheduling, but does benefit those who have other tasks to do besides work.
Did not get told when my breaks were, on my first day worked 6 hours and then got a break and then was told I was done. Did not get an amount of hours in a shift just showed up and had to stay based on how busy it was.
Pros
Free fries and a drink per day
Cons
Hours not specified, Manager was a little rude but not horrible.
This job is perfect for a student looking for a summer job. The people are nice and the job is fun. Although, you have to have good voice projection, cash handling skills, and self-esteem.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
long hours, training isn't always consistent
I worked in games and the hours were part time and flexible during Playland and full time during fair. Fairly easy job but can get boring during quiet and rainy days.
You normally start out sweeping and your supervisors will tell you what your task will be and thats it. pretty easy for a first time job. all you do is clean and interact with guest.
Pros
Discount and free passes to PNE Fair
Cons
standing for long hours
Working at the PNE was a very fun experience to see all the people visiting it. We were allowed to explore the park and all of the PNE activities for free. However the commute for me was 1 & 1/2 hours and was a pain. Would work there again if there was long term positions for full-time.
it was fun working there during the fair hope other people can work there too the manger was good bad thing was working in the rain
Pros
go in for free
Cons
short hours