Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Management reviews

Clear

PNE prize home lottery call Center clerk

The management and work culture was very nice and supportive. They train you and help you through the work. The pay was 40 cents over minimum. It was a good short term position for side money.

Pros

Free entrance to the pne, slight discount on some pne food

Cons

Not long term, no parking

I really enjoyed working for the PNE. You make amazing friends and the management is great and friendly! Supervisors treat u like family and make sure you are taken care of.

Pros

Great employees

Cooperative workplace with a fast paced environment.

A typical day at work consisted of checking into the staff room, receiving the day's placement and interacting with/assisting park goers with their needs. I learned that clear and effective communication is crucial in the workplace and is required in the service sector. Management was fine to work with, and the workplace culture was cooperative and friendly. the hardest part of the job was definitely trying to understand what a customer needs when they walk up to you and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around helping people.

NIce

wonderful workplace with a lot fun things to do and look forward too, management well great and very helpful and lots of great things to learn. I looked forward to going to work every day.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day working at the PNE was busy but fun. You got to meet new people every day and just talk to them while you worked. It was amazing to see how quickly you bond with people and create those new friendships. Management is great there and they are all so kind, caring and funny. The hardest part of the job was cashing out at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to talk to your fellow employees and get to know them.

Fun, dynamic and always changing

A fun and dynamic place to work, with lots of good people. There are long hours and during event days and it can wear you down eventually and there is little recognition for your hard work at the management level. The jobs change with the season and with each event so it keeps things interesting.

Overall okay I guess

You need a loud voice when working as a Triple Os food attendant. I barely got any training desite the fact it was my first job and was put on a cash register only 15mins after my shift started. I was never told when my shift would end and I only got a few shifts because of the way they organized shifts. This job also required good memory and customer skills but overall the customers were the nicest. Management was terrifying.

Pros

discounts

Cons

never got tips, management was bothered when I asked questions

Great career

commission, decommission computers, laptops, phones and AV setup. Contract work Good management while I was there. Fast paced, worked with a sense of urgency and commitment. Loved the people and environment.

Pros

free shows, food and fun

Cons

short annual contract

Pnep

Working at the pne is not for everyone.If you want full time forget it .Co workers some are ok others are lazy.Head of housekeeping doesnt keep the schedule keeps changing.People dont show up for shifts not worth the hassle look else where.

Pros

You only have as much fun and make as much money as the effort you put in

Great place to work, management is fun and uplifting. You really only get out what you put in. Hours are long and demanding both mentally and physically but the pay off really is great.

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition

See more jobs

Fun place to work

Good management and flexible schedules. Hiring process quick and efficient. If you do a good job you will be pretty guaranteed to get an invitation to return the following year.

The workers are great

The workers are absolutely fantastic and management actually cares about you and your safety, however the pay does not quantify the amount of work which is involved in this job.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Poor Pay

Fun and inviting workplace

This was my first job experience that was temporary and seasonal but it was a good one. I had lots of fun in my position as I got to interact with different people and gain experience. The hours were given as requested and I never had an issue with management.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Lots of busy/peak hours

Good workplace with good management.

Management and supervisors were understanding and friendly. Hours are low due to scheduling, but does benefit those who have other tasks to do besides work.

summer fun experience

It was good experience I had a good crew in 2008 but the staff kept changing in 2011 the management was lacking I was told I could ask questions if needed no judgment there's a solution in 2011 I was multitasking a lot of washroom facilities over the two weeks in the sun and heat and asked for one bathroom indoors for one shift I was canned immediately with no discussion we were short with staff in my department. I wish they handled it professionally and not in public in front of guests it was embarrassing for me.

Pros

meeting new people! always! seeing guests happy hearing good feedback

Cons

short staff lack of communication

Hurry up and wait

Not a clear view of a future. Long lay offs, on call, variety of shift starts and ends. No real structure, no vision, and no security. Most equipment is ancient.

Pros

Good wages and paid overtime

Cons

On call, lay offs, shift work, poor leadership, no security

fun place to work

A great place to work, meet tons of fantastic people and the management team is great. The environment is for people in their late teens and early 20s.

Working at the PNE in Agriculture is fun and its hrs work but they pay well.

The job is based on tasks at hand, keeping up with the chores and making sure the costumers enjoy their time in the farm area. I learned how to bail hay, shovel properly, sweep with a push brush, facts about some animals and time management. Its a dirty job but its worth the energy.

Pros

great pay

Cons

animal dung and smells

Positive Environment, Flexible, Employee-Manager relationship, benefits

I would look forward to going to work every day at the PNE. Everyone was welcoming and made the job seem like it was less of a job. I learned that even though I am an employee, I have management bones in me, as I always knew what to do, giving others directions and pointer, as well as making sure everyone was on their feet. The hardest part of the job was when there was nothing to do, I find it dreadful because I like to be busy. Sometimes it's good to get a break but more often than not I'd rather be doing something productive with my time. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to create the waffles from beginning to end, designing them, and seeing the customers faces light up as they were handed their waffles.

Pros

free lunches, the people

Cons

not many places to sit when things aren't busy

A great place for part time work

A fun and busy place to work, great for anyone who wants a short time job with lots to do. In my job as an actor in Fright Nights, It was my job to scare customers who walked through. I learned the individual limits, and when to approach people who need help. Everyone who worked there, from the management to the co-workers were fantastic, clearly a job everyone enjoyed. The hardest part of the job had to be the repetition, doing the same thing for a month on end can become a little tiring. The best part of the job was getting those golden scares out of people, and meeting new friends among your co-workers

Pros

discount food, socilization expected

Cons

not allowed to ride the rides on shift

productive and fun workplace

In some days it gets pretty productive and fun, other days is too easy work and pretty repetitive. i enjoy cryptical thinking and hands on job. management is average.

Pros

10 hours a day 4 days a week

Cons

full time for 4 months of the year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2