Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Culture reviews

The management and work culture was very nice and supportive. They train you and help you through the work. The pay was 40 cents over minimum. It was a good short term position for side money.
Pros
Free entrance to the pne, slight discount on some pne food
Cons
Not long term, no parking
It was a fun place to work at although it can get extremely boring at sometimes. I would recommend working here if you are looking for a seasonal position
I really enjoyed working for the PNE. You make amazing friends and the management is great and friendly! Supervisors treat u like family and make sure you are taken care of.
Pros
Great employees
Working for PNE is supposed to be fun. A typical day is usually looking after the helpdesk queue and working on individual assigned projects. There were lots of historic events as well as people working with >100 years old company, trying to make a work change. End users need more security training with latest technologies like email, internet and IT. Hardest part of the job is people politics.
I first started working the fair for 2 years and then I moved on to play land because I liked the environment and the people I met and I wanted to work there more. working there is fun and allows you to get a good job experience in dealing with customers and teaches you how to handle different situations.
A typical day at work consisted of checking into the staff room, receiving the day's placement and interacting with/assisting park goers with their needs. I learned that clear and effective communication is crucial in the workplace and is required in the service sector. Management was fine to work with, and the workplace culture was cooperative and friendly. the hardest part of the job was definitely trying to understand what a customer needs when they walk up to you and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around helping people.
wonderful workplace with a lot fun things to do and look forward too, management well great and very helpful and lots of great things to learn. I looked forward to going to work every day.
Fast place environment, need to be able to pick things up quickly, but interacting with other coworkers is the most enjoyable part. The work culture is enjoyable and easy to get along with others.
Pros
Welcoming workplace
Cons
fast place environment
A fun, engaging, and enjoyable workplace filled with a great culture from staff. Lots of laughs and smiling as you definitely enjoy your time working here.
A typical day working at the PNE was busy but fun. You got to meet new people every day and just talk to them while you worked. It was amazing to see how quickly you bond with people and create those new friendships. Management is great there and they are all so kind, caring and funny. The hardest part of the job was cashing out at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to talk to your fellow employees and get to know them.
I had great co-workers and it was always fun I enjoyed my work and would love t o go back next year and every year after it's lots of fun. yes the work was hard but it was also loads of fun.
Was a great place to start. Great working environment
It is chaotic if you are working during The Fair at The PNE, but it is filled with friendly and helpful coworkers. Overall, it is a great place to work if you live close by.
Everyday I was faced with new responsibilities of helping guests. I was able to make new friends during the quiet hours and practice my patience and focus skills during the busy hours. I loved meeting new guests each day but had difficulty when my other coworkers didn't do their jobs properly. The environment was very friendly and happy to be around. The managers were great and were always there to help me when needed.
Definitely awesome place to work. Most of the people are nice but you will be working with teenagers and they bring their own drama. You get discounts on entry for you and your family is that’s totally a plus and overall great work environment.
Work consisted of multiple positive public interactions The employees there are all nice and have a hard working attitude The place is managed very well and safety is a high priority
Great place to work, management is fun and uplifting. You really only get out what you put in. Hours are long and demanding both mentally and physically but the pay off really is great.
The workers are absolutely fantastic and management actually cares about you and your safety, however the pay does not quantify the amount of work which is involved in this job.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Poor Pay
Days vary from super slow to insanely busy but always fun. Lots of new people to get to know every year. Most departments have staff functions like Bowling Nights or other team building activities. High demand environment but always interesting.
Fun place to work with great coworkers from all over. Great networking opportunity and great exposure opportunity. Flexible hours, great perks and friendly environment.
This is great place to work in the summer. I personally made lots of friends and worked very hard every day. I would recommend this job for people in highschool or for people that are looking for a summer job.