Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

fun and a good place to get job experience

I first started working the fair for 2 years and then I moved on to play land because I liked the environment and the people I met and I wanted to work there more. working there is fun and allows you to get a good job experience in dealing with customers and teaches you how to handle different situations.

Chaotic but fun place to work

It is chaotic if you are working during The Fair at The PNE, but it is filled with friendly and helpful coworkers. Overall, it is a great place to work if you live close by.

Fun workplace with many new people to meet and help

Everyday I was faced with new responsibilities of helping guests. I was able to make new friends during the quiet hours and practice my patience and focus skills during the busy hours. I loved meeting new guests each day but had difficulty when my other coworkers didn't do their jobs properly. The environment was very friendly and happy to be around. The managers were great and were always there to help me when needed.

A good first job for teens

As a 15 year old, I found that there weren't many places in Vancouver that hired people under 16. However, the PNE starts hiring at 15, which makes for a great way for teenagers my age to get good work experience and earn some money while they're at it. My job at guest services was straight-forward but needed some multitasking during busy times. Good supervisors love questions and always try to help you do the best you can, while bad supervisors are more critical and like to blame you for things you cannot control. For the most part I had a critical supervisor who made my hours feel long and boring, while some of my coworkers seemed more happy with the supervisors in their shifts. My job at the PNE gave me some good social skills that I can use for future jobs, and I felt safe under their rules and steps taken for security. However, many positions at the PNE don't have chairs, so you have to stand for a pretty long time. I would usually be dying to sit down by the time I had a break. Overall, it was really neat to work at the facility I had gone to as a guest for so many years, and would recommend it for young people looking for a good place to start their career life.

Pros

Allowed to roam around PNE grounds during breaks, Discounts on food and merchandise

Cons

Some shifts can go late into the night

summer job

only a summer job, like 2 weeks when the fair is open. get a chance to meet a lot of new people. a lot of different departments so really depend where you are at

Pros

2 week job

Cons

good hours

getting kids that were seperated from their families

Made sure there were diapers and wipes. Update the events board. Got kids when they were lost. General cleaning of worksite

Pros

getting to stay at the Fair after work

Cons

seasonal

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition