Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews for Attendant

A great starter job

I had a great time working at the PNE. I was trained well and worked in an often fast-paced environment with friendly co-workers. I learned some good basic skills such as how to use a cash register, how to keep an inventory, and money handling practices. This is a great place to work!

Fun and Fast-paced workplace

Working with the PNE is a good starting job, especially for high schoolers. It's easy to get a job and they provide you with enough training to feel like you know what you're doing. I definitely recommend working there, especially if it's your first job.

Extremely fun and exciting workplace, met very many new friends in a new and fresh environment.

Was the perfect first job for me a very comfortable space to learn new things, especially dealing with the general public and also challenging me in things I would never think of. Such as becoming a manager a training new hires myself or learning how to organize stock in eyecatching and colourful way. Good actions were constantly applauded to employees who showed hard work and persistence. I think this job made my summer very enjoyable and encouraging to get into the workforce. I will be very excited to be back for next years 2019 playland season to put my best work in.

Pros

Sociable environment

Cons

Long hours during fair

Great experience to start with.

Everyone has a turn at doing/learning something within the workplace. Managers/supervisors available when needed for help. Gained valuable skills and money as a summer job. Although workplaces tend to be crowded due to limited space and one or two extra employees from the customer perspective, it made customer service and wait times more efficient.

Pros

Gain skills, meet new people, free lunch

Cons

Crowded workplace, outdated utensils/counters/faucets

Great first job!!!

good place to get your first job. everyone is very helpful and can make a lot of friends. most people who work there are around grade 11 to university students so it is very easy to connect with on another

Good for a first time job

My time at the PNE was one filled with fun and long-lasting memories. The environment was overall enjoyable, albeit for the occasional displeased customer. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a lot on the spot; when I first began, it almost felt like I was thrown into something I was not fully prepared for, but I learned to adapt nonetheless. The quality of the ingredients could be improved on.

Fun summer job

This job is perfect for a student looking for a summer job. The people are nice and the job is fun. Although, you have to have good voice projection, cash handling skills, and self-esteem.

Pros

friendly people

Cons

long hours, training isn't always consistent

One of the best jobs I've ever had

My experience as a games attendant at the P.N.E was fun and enjoyable. The atmosphere working for the company was amazing, most of the employee's for the games department are teenagers which is always fun. Working the games during Playland and Fair is the most enjoyable part of the job, witnessing customers playing your game. Games attendant at the P.N.E is one of the best jobs if you're looking for a job during the summer time.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Shifts to about 1am

Overall good experience

Being my first job I did not expect much but the management and my fellow employees showed me a great time and introduced me to the world of work. Management in the department had more experienced employers and were very understanding, They also took the time to acknowledge my efforts during my time there.

Pros

good management

Cons

conflicting hours

Good for students, laidback atmosphere and good hours.

Working with everyone in the same age group is a fun experience, with trained supervisors that have been with PNE for over 4+ years to show you the ropes. It was clear what was expected of you, though sometimes it felt very hierarchical when the top management came around, but that's speaking from a 16 y.o. mindset. Is definitely a good first job, PNE hires a bunch of P/T teens/ students, and provides a fun environment to learn in.

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition

Attendant positions
See more jobs

A decent summer job

I worked as Games Attendant at Playland for a good number of years. In a typical day at work, you open the game, and start selling right away. There's a specific bar you have to meet each day in order to meet expectations. The amount you make depends on the number of guests that enter the park. The more guests there are, the more you have to make. While working, you're basically competing against your coworkers to make more money. This job requires a lot of effort in speaking out and creating rapport with the guests. You're constantly yelling and calling out to get guests to play your game. The co workers are great and the entire atmosphere is high and lively. The job requires a lot of mental and physical energy. Mental being; you have to maintain a positive attitude throughout, which becomes exhausting if you're working everyday with 7-8 hour shifts. The physical endurance requires you to stand for long periods of time, which is hard the first couple of days. Overall, it's a great summer job. The one big negative aspect of the job is the management. The managers play favourites and give shifts to who they like. Same goes for when they decide to promote people.

Pros

Great coworkers, decent hours, fun environment

Cons

Management plays favourites, repetitive tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2