Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Ambassador20 reviews
Canada20 reviews

I really enjoyed working for the PNE. You make amazing friends and the management is great and friendly! Supervisors treat u like family and make sure you are taken care of.

Pros

Great employees

Fun place to work for the summer if you're looking to make friends.

It is a fun experience to earn money and meet new people. They use walkie-talkies to communicate with other employees so it's essential to understand how to use one and what the different codes mean. Hours can be long but you are given 15-minute breaks throughout the day with an hour for lunch or dinner. Make sure you wear sunscreen!!

Fair

Love working there getting along with people making friends and learning new experiences every day and training people to their new jobs and using work habits.

Cooperative workplace with a fast paced environment.

A typical day at work consisted of checking into the staff room, receiving the day's placement and interacting with/assisting park goers with their needs. I learned that clear and effective communication is crucial in the workplace and is required in the service sector. Management was fine to work with, and the workplace culture was cooperative and friendly. the hardest part of the job was definitely trying to understand what a customer needs when they walk up to you and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around helping people.

NIce

wonderful workplace with a lot fun things to do and look forward too, management well great and very helpful and lots of great things to learn. I looked forward to going to work every day.

Watched the site overnight

It was a very easy job I just watched the site I was given overnight from 11 at night till 7:45 am the people were very friendly. The only hard part was staying awake other then that it was a good work experience overall

Very enjoyable workplace

A fun, engaging, and enjoyable workplace filled with a great culture from staff. Lots of laughs and smiling as you definitely enjoy your time working here.

Summer job with benefits

The hours are completely chosen by yourself and you can also choose what kind of jobs you want to take under your larger department. The fair is quite a large area therefore you are seeing many different workers on different days that you work. There are shifts with longer and shorter hours, so you can choose whichever fits your schedule that day.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Standing for long periods of time

Fun workplace

Fun job, you get to be outside all day. You get to interact with tons of people and meet lots of new friends while on the job. Good hours. You also get to do different things everyday.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Lots of standing

Fun work place and a great learning experience

A typical day would be just to direct the public to their seats and answer any questions. Then once the show starts just watch and pay attention to your surroundings so that you may see any abnormalities like an injured guest or a fight.

Pros

Free concerts and enjoyable coworkers

Cons

Shifts are hard to get

Productive area with good staff discounts

Short temporary work for anyone who wants to work at the end of the summer. They provide staff discounts for food there and the hours are manageable. Managers willing to work with you to make sure you know what you are doing

Pros

Fun, interactive, simple, good money

Cons

Long commute if in suburbs.

Fun place to work

Good management and flexible schedules. Hiring process quick and efficient. If you do a good job you will be pretty guaranteed to get an invitation to return the following year.

Social and fun workplace with good benefits

A typical work day for me would be clocking in and given a hand full of maps and a radio and sent to a certain station in the park to answer any questions or concerns regarding show times and attraction locations.

Fun working enviroment

Shifts switch a lot, there is a lot of 4 hour and 8 hour shifts given. Hard work but fun to do. You learn a lot with this job. Managers are nice and easy to work with.

Pros

Learn new skills

Cons

Not enough shifts given

fun workplace

it was fun working there during the fair hope other people can work there too the manger was good bad thing was working in the rain

Pros

go in for free

Cons

short hours

Watch over the park

It was graveyard shifts in the summer for three weeks. for my first job ever i enjoyed it a lot. I learned that graveyard are hard to do but i was able to adjust. the hardest part was staying up even how quite it is.

Fun place for working

* Managing line up and answering customer questions * Co-workers are very fun and energetic * Management are very supportive and friendly

Pros

warm and friendly atmosphere

Cons

job tends to be repetitive

Great exhibition, amazing co-workers and staff

I absolutely loved my job, I worked in the Game of Thrones Exhibition as an ambassador. During a typical day at work I would either be roaming around the exhibition answering any questions or concerns or I would be managing the time tickets or the lines. Managing the lines was the toughest part of my job, I had to deal with heartbroken fans who did not obtain a ticket for the exhibition but were persistent on going in anyway. I had to deal with many angry people which helped me gain knowledge on how to deal with difficult customers. In the end the most enjoyable part was interacting with the friendly guest and working with an amazing staff.

Pros

amazing staff, great hours

Cons

outside

Productive and fun work place with the fair

I monitored and assisted the public with the nightly concerts. Helped them with seats, radioed first-aid/security when needed and dealt with people in a sensitive and understanding manner. My co-workers were students like myself and we all built each other and contributed to a great work place. Management was great, they were understanding and fun while still being professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to build my interpersonal skills with the public.

Excellent work environment

Really fun work environment including great people to work with.

Pros

professional work environment

Cons

skunks on the grounds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2