Pacific National Exhibition logo
Pacific National Exhibition

Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Great summertime job

Excellent job to have fun, stay busy and keep in shape. Many of the people have been there for many years and have a great attitude in being in a new employees shoes. The pay isn't out of this world but considering how not fun many jobs are it made up for it.

PNE prize home lottery call Center clerk

The management and work culture was very nice and supportive. They train you and help you through the work. The pay was 40 cents over minimum. It was a good short term position for side money.

Pros

Free entrance to the pne, slight discount on some pne food

Cons

Not long term, no parking

fun place

It was a fun place to work at although it can get extremely boring at sometimes. I would recommend working here if you are looking for a seasonal position

I really enjoyed working for the PNE. You make amazing friends and the management is great and friendly! Supervisors treat u like family and make sure you are taken care of.

Pros

Great employees

A great starter job

I had a great time working at the PNE. I was trained well and worked in an often fast-paced environment with friendly co-workers. I learned some good basic skills such as how to use a cash register, how to keep an inventory, and money handling practices. This is a great place to work!

Fair

Love working there getting along with people making friends and learning new experiences every day and training people to their new jobs and using work habits.

Heritage workplace needs some changes

Working for PNE is supposed to be fun. A typical day is usually looking after the helpdesk queue and working on individual assigned projects. There were lots of historic events as well as people working with >100 years old company, trying to make a work change. End users need more security training with latest technologies like email, internet and IT. Hardest part of the job is people politics.

fun and a good place to get job experience

I first started working the fair for 2 years and then I moved on to play land because I liked the environment and the people I met and I wanted to work there more. working there is fun and allows you to get a good job experience in dealing with customers and teaches you how to handle different situations.

Fun and worth working in this environment

There are numerous events and activities that happen at work every day, I love the work and the employees, everything is great. Learning new things every year and week of the year.

Not recommend

Sorry I would not recommend work at the PNE. Anyone who needs job's are looking for full-time and a future to depend on work. I got lucky in 86. In my work it's not possible to move up. It's catered to males.

Jobs at Pacific National Exhibition

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

Cooperative workplace with a fast paced environment.

A typical day at work consisted of checking into the staff room, receiving the day's placement and interacting with/assisting park goers with their needs. I learned that clear and effective communication is crucial in the workplace and is required in the service sector. Management was fine to work with, and the workplace culture was cooperative and friendly. the hardest part of the job was definitely trying to understand what a customer needs when they walk up to you and ask questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around helping people.

NIce

wonderful workplace with a lot fun things to do and look forward too, management well great and very helpful and lots of great things to learn. I looked forward to going to work every day.

Fun

It was a good first job and I learnt a lot by working here. I was able to meet new people and make new friends. On top of it all it was a fun environment to be in.

The best job I came across.

Working as a bartender at PNE is really fun. Thats really a fun job where you time flies and then comes the time for tip payout which is comparatively higher than most of the restaurants. It's really fun plus you get to make a lot of friends. My experience working as a bartender was real good. Would definitely recommend working over here.

It was very new to me, yet fun

Working at the pne selling nails and doing demonstration to everyone helped me become very unshy to new faces. I called people in to give them a free demo and free manicure.

Watched the site overnight

It was a very easy job I just watched the site I was given overnight from 11 at night till 7:45 am the people were very friendly. The only hard part was staying awake other then that it was a good work experience overall

Fun environment

• Received shipments, unloading and sorting according to product type • Transport products to proper storage area using pallet jack (manual and automatic) • Preparing all food & beverage stands on event days ensuring all items are stored and safe for when ready to use (Vancouver Giants/concerts/P.N.E Summer Fair)

Fun and Fast-paced workplace

Working with the PNE is a good starting job, especially for high schoolers. It's easy to get a job and they provide you with enough training to feel like you know what you're doing. I definitely recommend working there, especially if it's your first job.

Fun job

You see a lot of different people at the job. Job difficulty really depends on which ride you get placed on. Some rides like the climbing wall or coaster are basically hard labour jobs whereas other kids rides, you just stand and press a button.

Awesome

Great place to work but there is an extreme variety of co workers. Good working environment and the company opens eyes to future employers. Nothing further to report!

Very enjoyable workplace

A fun, engaging, and enjoyable workplace filled with a great culture from staff. Lots of laughs and smiling as you definitely enjoy your time working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2